“Value, Service and Good Food”

Hickory Pit Steakhouse
Ranked #22 of 89 Restaurants in Laughlin
Price range: US$35 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This place is a fortunate find. It is in the lower floor (basement) of the riverside casino; it is cozy, but the greetings are friendly. We tried this place as an experiment, and were not disappointed. The table service was excellent, and the food prepared in a timely manner. Our party tried both steak and seafood, and everyone was pleased. We had just the right amount of attention without hovering, but the nicest surprise was the check. The prices are very reasonable. The ambiance is just as I would wish; reserved, quiet, but not overly opulent. If you are looking for a nice evening meal in a good atmosphere, with a price that wont take away the satisfaction, this place is worth a try.

1  Thank biochemist

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I should have ordered the rack of lamb (it looked incredible!). I will next time. The shrimp cocktail was very good. The chocolate cake is a must for the chocoholic. Our busboy was EXCELLENT! I will be ready for my next trip!

1  Thank Chris D
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This prime rib was excellent and my wife had gthe crab legs and look forward to going back. The early bird special from 4-6pm is for surf and turf. With a players card it is $19.95. Excellent value for what you get. The prime rib melted in my mouth. Very good flavor as compared to the Prime Rib room at the Riverside.

1  Thank cwmagli
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Went for a Birthday supper, the reservation was for twelve people at 6 pm still we had to wait while a table was prepared, we where finally shown to our table and found that we where not seated together but at two separate tables.The waitress came and took our orders and then after a bit of a wait our soups and salads arrived, we then would not hear from any of the staff until about an hour later when the Bus Boy (Yes the Bus Boy not our waitress) came out to tell us that our order had been mishandled and that it would be out shortly, to make a very long story short when the meals did arrive they where mostly cold the waitress asked us if we still wanted them and that a management representative had been summoned, because of the lateness of the hour we agreed to take the meals and would speak to the management person.
The manager took some of the meals off each of the two bills or approx. 1/2 off each bill. The whole experience was very unsatisfactory and completely ruined the supper for the person who was having the birthday, I don't believe anyone in our party will ever return to this restaurant and will try to steer as many people as possible from the Hickory Pit ............ my first and last visit was the PITS.

3  Thank Wil22891
Reviewed 6 February 2014

...and I live in Las Vegas. Fair prices, but the best part is for $5 you can split the entree...and they give each of you soup (onion soup is slightly more) or salad and side dish. Considering how big their entrees are, this place is a real bargain. We've eaten here many times, and can't recall a bad meal once. The rib-eye is especially good, as is the yam (with the special butter they offer with it). There is always a wait, but attached bar does happy hour 4-7 ($3 wine) so it is not a bad wait.