“1st Timer to Laughlin 6/21-6/23”

Aquarius Casino Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
“1st Timer to Laughlin 6/21-6/23”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel was very nice. The room was equally nice (Room 9054, Arizona Tower). Had a view of the river, tennis courts and pool. The whole strip is only two miles so it can be easily walked but careful with the heat. The water taxi is $4/person one-way. The night life is nothing like Vegas so don't expect great shows. If you're looking to play poker this hotel has no poker room. In fact, many hotels are lacking a poker room. So sad. As far as poker rooms go I think only Riverside, Colorado Belle, and Harrah's have one. Played a tourney at Harrah's and Belle. Buffet here wasn't spectacular. Food wasn't very fresh. Hit the In N Out down the street instead. Pints at the Colorado Belle had horrible service so don't go there. All in all it was a decent stay but don't think i will be going back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Celso P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (781)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Glendale, Az.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed at Aquarius for the second year in a row for March Madness and not sure if there will be a third. Only had one to two workers on the first morning of the tournament with a long line of people trying to make bets. Parlay's that tie are losers which is new to me. Then the bar in the back of the casino, Cove I believe wasn't allowed to show the games when they started. WHAT! Room key didn't work two days in a row and there was no valet parking available Friday night.
Beds are very comfortable and there is a great amount of full pay video poker that keeps our interest however, we may be giving Golden Nugget a try next year.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We came out to the river for the 4th of July and stayed at the Aquarius. The hotel is very accommodating to all visitors. It offers two different towers for guest to stay in, a family friendly one and an adults only. That made it nice. The hotel offers a variety of food choices, even a few opened 24 hrs. The casino was always busy and kept clean. There was a good variety of gaming options with multiple tables to play at. Both the slots and the tables produced a great deal of enjoyment.

Fourth of July festivities were nice. The staff was very friendly, especially Cinder and Rose in the elevator area. They were helpful and went above and beyond to provide a excellent stay. We definitely will return.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica M
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I have been coming here for years since it became the Aquarius. It's always been great. However today's experience was an example of poor execution of service by management. And when it comes to this industry, it indicates systematic failure on the part of management that should be a concern when it impacts guest satisfaction.

My wife wanted to get an early start at the pool so she was there as it opened and staked an awning along with other guests. After we were settled in the awning, the Front Desk Manager came by and booted me and 2 other parties out of the awnings telling us that they were reserved.

I pointed out that there were no signs about the awnings being reserved and the Front Desk Manager said that she got too busy, implying she did not have resources to accomplish a required procedure.

I told her how I felt about the experience and asked her who her supervisor/manager was and she did not answer me.

Then, I asked about reserving the awnings and she said it was a free service in the VIP office. Fine ... but VIP Services should be competent enough to execute VIP services without negatively impacting the other guest's experience.

And when a hotel guests asks for a supervisor, manager etc. a hotel employee should accommodate the request and not ignore it. Ignoring that request creates a sense concealment of action.

In my opinion, the hotel management should have enough people on time to run the hotel efficiently. There are plenty of other casinos to stay in. I'm just saying!

Stayed July 2014
7 Thank Carlos U
Gail T, Hotel Operations Coordinator at Aquarius Casino Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Carlos U,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Aquarius Casino Resort. We welcome all feedback from our guests as a means to improve our service in the future. I am very sorry to hear of your family’s less than satisfactory experience at the pool. We take pride in our service to our guests and what you experienced is not typical of our normal high standards.
It might interest you to know that just last month we received 15 Awards voted by readers of the Mohave Valley Daily News, including “Best Casino Hotel Accommodations”.

The 4th of July weekend is one of our busiest weekends of the year, so it’s possible this incident was an unfortunate by-product of the extremely high occupancy rates we were experiencing at the time of your visit. We are working on rectifying this situation so it does not happen again. In addition, we are in the process of planning renovations for our pool area to add to our guests’ experience during their stay here. We hope you keep this in mind when planning your next visit to Laughlin, and will consider staying with us again.

Gail Thistle
Hotel Operations Coordinator

Travellers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

Westminster, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed for the 4th of July. Priced at $260 a night, the rooms were not as clean as I would have like to see them, beds were not comfortable and the pool was a complete joke. The staff was okay, and the location was good. (If I could have done it again, I would have selected Harrahs to stay at .)

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Gina P
Midwest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Overall this hotel is nice. I do like the floor to ceiling windows in all of the rooms.
The bed however wasn't that comfortable. I could feel the springs poking into my back a bit.
The rooms here have been remodeled, but what they need to remodel is their plumbing.
We stayed here back in 2012 and the drain in the bathtub was plugged. Fast forward to June 2014 and they're still plugged. So, when you went go take a shower, you have to close the drain because if not, the water starts backing up in the tub and God knows what kind of gunk there is in the drains! To me this should be common sense and this should just be part of a regular maintenance routine at every hotel. A little drain maintenance goes a long way! Last time we stayed here we got discount rooms for our play in the casino, but this time we paid full price and for paying full price I want excellence. Backed up drains are totally unacceptable. There are a lot of other places to stay in Laughlin. Or, on our next trip we could just skip Laughlin all together and head to Vegas instead. The view of the river is nice and Laughlin itself is nice due to the much slower pace than Vegas. There is a McDonalds, Subway, Outback Steakhouse, and a Panda Express onsite. There is also a coffee shop and of course the casino's buffet and restaurant.
We chose to eat elsewhere. There are a lot of options across the river in Bullhead City AZ as well. We used to really like the Aquarius, but I'm not sure if we will stay here next time.
They have a pool and it's open really late. And although the pool is nice, this particular hotel doesn't have a hot tub. I found the casino itself to be rather smoky and the slots were oh so tight. I mean, when I'm betting $1.20 a spin and I hit a bonus and win $8.00. Come on, you can sheer a sheep many times, but you can only kill it once. I used to think that the slots at the Riverside were tight, but Aquarius has them beat. Still an ok place to stay, but they're going to have to do a better job the next time if they want my vacation dollars.

Room Tip: If you aren't staying with kids, make sure to ask for a room in the "adults only" towe...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank traveler0000000000
Crestline, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Used to the the Flamigo Hilton years back. Stayed there then too. The hallways still have that 'safe' and sound smell. Onlt Hilto's have it. Good M emories. The room AWESOME on the highest floor 18. in the California (adult) tower. Great desert view
and little corner view of the river, from the comfortable chair and otoman. Comfotable large bed. and very nicely redone and ample bathroom and spotless shower. Great casino and room service. Free parking. The pool. small for the huge outdoor space on the roof area floor. Buy, yes very noisy with children, etc. all day, no peace. But still........it's Laughlin. My entire bill was under $300 including food for four days. they offer late check out till 3pm. a HUGE PLUS! Great frienhdly staff in micky D's the sundry shop, and cafe. did not chose the buffet anhd lost $80 in a slot macine(s) oh well! it was fun.

Room Tip: High floor. or floor 3 with chaise lounge
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Aerovergalineas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 7,955 reviews
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Aquarius Casino Resort? Share your experiences!