“Mini Las Vegas.”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Hirwaun, United Kingdom
“Mini Las Vegas.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

The eleventh night of our Route 66 tour and we land at this hotel.
The rooms were spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean.
Not a lot to do unless you like gambling and McDonalds for food.
Breakfast was good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank merlinaphirwaun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (781)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice room, friendly staff and good value! Arrived with a group and we were checked in without even getting out of the bus! Now that is service! Excellent bed, good size bathroom. Prices for room service are very reasonable.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Punkguin
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is fine. Not great. Beds aren't very comfortable. Staff is always very accommodating. Prefer the adults only tower but stayed in the family tower this trip. Trying to get on the elevator can be a challenge because of the crowds. Don't pay extra for the river view room. It's not much of a view unless you are up high in the California tower.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Rdubnlc
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Although I understand Laughlin is not a kids place, we decided to stay one night as it fit into our road trip. Any positive remark I may have had are annulled by the fact they blatantly wanted no kids. My 5yr old had to pay full price at buffets and the kids' zone had about 2 out of 12 games functioned. Hallways were dirty and trash and showers had red mold in grout.
Overall a very disappointing experience and nothing I can recommend.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank FeMaLuBa

Travellers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

Rancho Belawful
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Gave this place a 2nd and final try since it has no longer been The Flamingo Hilton. The View is A+! Floor to ceiling windows make the view fantastic. But hallway floors that don't get vacuumed, dirty windows spoiling the view, and yucky food spoil the rest.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RCCRN
Yucaipa, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our room was filthy, mainly the floors even in the bathroom, but also the walls, the shower, the paperwork in the room which made me wonder if any of it was really clean. After that first night I called housekeeping, because we only had 3 bath towels and we had 2adults and 2 kids, and asked them to bring me one more bath towel and if they could just clean the floors because they were really dirty. We spent the day on the river and when we got back the maid was obviously there but not extra towel and floors still dirty.
I won't be staying there again. We usually stay at Harrah's because my husband likes it there but I think that hotel is dirty and run down. That is why we tried Aquarius. On to the next hotel

Room Tip: Maybe the more expensive rooms are cleaner
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ajscarlet
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

OK, let’s get this straight: the Aquarius Hotel is not the worst dive in Nevada. It’s modern (for Laughlin), clean and fairly well maintained. Having said that, this place does not live up to its self-proclaimed billing as the best hotel on the river. On the contrary, it’s over-rated, over-hyped and (in my recent experience) an aggravating disappointment.

When I reserved, the phone agents talked a great game about the quality of the Aquarius vs. the other hotels in the area. But I began to smell a rat after getting an email confirmation that gave the room rate for only the first night of my 5-night stay. When I called back and asked to have a statement for all 5 nights, I was told sorry, our system can't do that, but we’ll dictate the prices to you on the phone so you can write them down longhand. Huh, in this day and age, you can’t email prices??? Oddly, when I checked into the hotel, one of the first screens to which I had to agree had all the prices on it and I couldn't proceed with checking in till I consented to these prices. As the system times you out rapidly, I did not have time to get out my handwritten notes. Funny how that worked: the hotel could sure produce these prices when it was convenient for them, but oddly enough, not when it was convenient for me the customer.

The price thing wasn’t the only part of check-in that made me nervous, either. We arrived at the designated advertised check-in time of 2 PM but were told no rooms were available yet for new arrivals and that we needed to kill a few hours. This was on a Wed., hardly the busiest day of the week. I began to get apprehensive ; all these little things were just not consistent with the much-ballyhooed customer experience that I was expecting.

We were assigned to Room 18082 and the north view was great. While the room overall was nice, it had some very annoying oddities. In particular, the bathroom toilet paper dispenser was too close to the toilet to be useful. I mean, there was literally no room in which to grab the grab the TP, the space was that tight. Not a big deal, I guess, if you didn’t plan on using the toilet for 5 straight days. See the photos attached to this review to see what I mean.

On our second day, I made a trip to the front desk to inquire if I could get a document scanned and the file emailed to me. I was told yes, just come by the front desk any time and ask. I came by the next day and I was told no, we don't do that. I explained what I was told the night before and after some checking I was told yes, we do do it, but you'll have to wait for a manager and that will take a long time. So the same question, asked 3 different times, got 3 different answers. I'm sure I would have received many more answers if I had asked more people. I wasn’t annoyed because the hotel didn’t offer the service; I was annoyed because the front desk told me it did offer the service when it (apparently) didn’t. I would have arranged my day much differently had I been given accurate information when I first inquired. I lost half a day because I had to re-arrange my afternoon, rush to Staples in Bullhead City before they closed, then wait another full day for the post office to re-open. I missed several appointments because of this last minute running around. At that point, I began getting pretty frustrated with hotel’s levels of staff training and customer service.

With 2 days to go in my stay, I wrote down some of my frustrations on a yellow comment card and submitted it. There was ample opportunity to respond while I was still staying at the hotel but clearly management had little time for customer service issues. When I got home I filled in a web survey and stated the same frustrations. I was told in both surveys that I’d get a speedy response to any concern but 6 months later still not a peep. (Yes, I waited that long to post this review in order to give the hotel every opportunity to get back to me.) Does the Aquarius care about the customer experience? You be the judge.

But the fun didn’t end with the non-response to my yellow comment card. On checkout day the housekeeper was in our room when we returned from breakfast. Yes, that’s right, cleaning our room early on a check-out day, slowing us down and getting in our way while we were trying to pack and vacate. How very convenient. We told her we were checking out and she said thanks very much, went into the bathroom and continued cleaning. We repeated that we were checking out and she finally figured out that we were checking out. All the towels and soap had been replaced so we had to open up new product and, being considerate people, not dry our hands so as to not soil the next guest’s towels. Maybe this is the Aquarius strategy for delaying guests and collecting late fees? (Sorry, couldn’t resist.) But seriously, it was sad to see that the inconvenience continued right up the last minute. If there was one thing the Aquarius knew how to do during our stay, it was to annoy customers.

If you like disinformation, inconvenience, frustration and a remarkable potty experience, this is definitely the hotel for you. If you’d prefer plain old good service at a more down-to-earth price, check out the competition on the river. You won’t go wrong. I’ll NEVER be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank septyandcindy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 7,963 reviews
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Aquarius Casino Resort? Share your experiences!