“Overall average”

Golden Nugget Laughlin
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Reviewed 20 August 2014

About average overall, better than some, but not the best in Laughlin. It appears many rooms have a nice view of the parking structure, not that the view is the most important to me. Restaurants are better than average with the Saltgrass at the top of the list. Covered parking was helpful. Smokey aroma in the Casino is not pleasing to most.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Heather F, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Nugget Laughlin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Golden Nugget Laughlin. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the Saltgrass Steak House. On your next visit we would recommend one of our upgraded rooms such as the courtyard or riverview room. This may have more of a view you were looking for. Thank you again for the comments, we look forward to your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,093)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed one night at the Golden Nugget. Well, what you expect from a hotel in Laughlin: rooms were okay, bath was okay. We had a room with a view on the parking garage. Good, you don't come to Laighlin to enjoy the view from your hotel room.

Cleanless was "soso". Some hairs in the bathroom - actually a no go.
The Casino was fine, so was the restaurant.

All in all: okay hotel for 1-2 nights in Laughlin. Don't expect to much - but nobody comes to Laughlin for a great hotel room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Heather F, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Nugget Laughlin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback for the Golden Nugget Laughlin. We are disappointed to hear your stay did not meet your expectations. I would recommend one of our upgraded courtyard or riverview rooms for your next stay. This may have more of a view you were looking for. As far as the cleanliness of the tub I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. It is unacceptable that our team did not properly prepare the room for you. We hope to have the opportunity to better assist you on your next visit.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed at the Golden Nugget August 8-9 2014 during the River Regatta. The only thing golden about this hotel are its restaurants. Cheesecake Factory has really good food and wait staff. Service was fast and food came out hot and delicious. The Saltgrass steak house was excellent also. Steaks were cooked to perfection and really tender and flavorful. The deli was just ok. The rooms are stuck in the 70's. Very old furniture and bathroom fixtures. The plumbing is bad. The water backed up in both the shower and sink. The carpet is worn down and stained. The only thing that was nice was the mattress which was comfortable. Casino and front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Michael J

Thank you for taking the time to review the Golden Nugget Laughlin. We are disappointed to hear the room did not meet your expectations. When you have a chance I would welcome you to send us your confirmation number so that we may look into the plumbing issues that occurred. I am pleased to hear that our front desk staff was helpful during your stay. If given the opportunity we would love to have you back to better assist you on your next visit.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Best hotel stay in Laughlin to date and with family out there we go quite often. I usually am about saving a buck so when I looked into rooms for the 2014 river regatta weekend this time last year I came across a great deal at the Nugget, and I am sooooooo thankful I did. We got a standard courtyard room and it was lovely. Modern, cozy, quite super celan and well stocked.The bed was super comfy, the air worked great and was not noisey.Staff was great and the overall hotel and casino itself was beautiful! I dont think I can go back to the cheap dated scary places I've been staying at out there! lol Cant wait to try the one in Vegas.....

Room Tip: Bring a standard size coffe cup for the kurig in the room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review the Golden Nugget Laughlin. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. A busy weekend such as Regatta can be challenging at times and I am happy to hear our staff exceeded your expectations. Thank you for you comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

A last minute invite resulted in a weekend stay at the Golden Nugget in Laughlin. I will be honest, my expectations were low - as I am not a gambler or fan of the casino's generally. Wow, was I surprised. Not only was the Golden Nugget modern and clean - I was impressed with the customer service - everywhere. The room was nice and spacious -- king room w/ sitting area. I love that hotels have finally learned to eliminate the bedspreads and using better (read: cleaner) options. Good towels - not your typical white and threadbare, but cream and fluffy like you might have in your own bathroom. I know that everyone says it does not matter what the room is like, since the purpose is to be out gambling or such - but I want a decent room that is comfortable and a place to escape the noise and crowds once in a while. We spent most of our time in the hotel's bar - Gold Diggers, which had live music, clean and great atmosphere. The bartender there, I think his name is Vladymir (he is Russian) was spot on. Professional and great service. And serves Stella in proper Stella glasses! Being a non smoker, was amazed at how well the air handlers dealt w/ the smoke. There are a few food options throughout the hotel which is good, from sit down to deli. Only compliant is that most of them closed with what seemed to be very early for a casino (10pm). The pool area is small, but nice. The housekeeping staff were so pleasant and friendly. There is a small store to purchase clothing and sundries, price range varies from reasonable to $$$. I also appreciate staying at hotels that allow me to use the stairs- esp when on a lower floor. Many places have really gross or downright scary stairwells, not the golden nugget. Nice, carpeted stairwells for use. Just overall a great experience and I would stay again. Self (covered) or valet parking - both easy.

Room Tip: We had courtyard view, not really much of a view - do not know if river views would have been nicer...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Catrillo
Heather F, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Nugget Laughlin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Golden Nugget Laughlin. We truly appreciate your comments and are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. The Deli is open 24 hours for your convenience. We welcome the opportunity to have you back. Hope to see you very soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Nice break from Vegas strip. Great pool and hot tub. Nice view of river and walking along river walk.rooms are clean and spacious. Nice restaurants on premises and with in walking distance of property..Can also take river boat to different casinos.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 384marmar2014
Heather F, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Nugget Laughlin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Golden Nugget Laughlin. We appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review and are very pleased to hear you enjoyed our property. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I really liked this hotel. The room had a great bed and a flat screen. The property was on the Laughlin Riverwalk close to other casinos. The property did not have a resort fee or charge for wifi. They had a great hot tub.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank THINGS2LIVE4

Thank you for taking the time to review the Golden Nugget Laughlin. We always listen to our guest feedback and one of the amenities we were able to incorporate was complimentary WiFi. Thank you for the kind comments. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection
#4 of 14 in Bullhead City
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin

Been to Golden Nugget Laughlin? Share your experiences!