“Casino rip off”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
England
“Casino rip off”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

On visiting Colorado Belle on a day trip from Vegas we played slot machines and won a small jackpot of $1800 being we are British we advised casino operatives of this but they still insisted we had to pay 30% tax which amounted to $532 they then gave us a form to fill and said we could do this when we returned home and claim the said amount back. On completing the form we realised we had been duped they should have filled the form there and then and returned the amount they had taken in Tax.
Therefore a warning to anybody from Britain or other tax exempt countries avoid the Colorado Belle like the plague.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mijan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Czech first
Riverside, California
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I I stayed two nights for my friends wedding on October 11 &12, 2013. Had a non smoking room n the New Orleans tower with a great view of the construction. (they should close this for complete remodel or rebuild) Dirty stained carpets and walls with dirt and dust build up in the halls as well as the rooms. I would have rather stayed at Motel 6 because at least I know what to expect and the towels would not smell like smoke in my non smoking room. At $47.00 per night (group rate) This hotel was so depressing I spent most of my time at Harrahs just so I could breathe and enjoy. Next time I come ill stay in bull head and water taxi to Laughlin casinos. Edgewater and colorado bell as well as pioneer should be torn down or at minimum gutted and remodeled.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank FigureGirl

Travellers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

san diego
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Even during construction its always a great value and enjoyable stay. Thou once you find youre room every night it is clean comfortable and pleasant.Food is great pool is nice location and staff are awesome. Cant wait to return when all the remodeling is complete.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
san diego
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My twin 13-year old boys and I stayed for three nights and had a wonderful time. I received a flyer in the mail offering me three free nights so I took advantage of that by upgrading to a river view balcony room for $20.00 a night. Even though this is an old hotel, I have stayed here many many times and always enjoyed it. The beds and pillows are the best!...at least for me. We enjoyed the view of the river walk and the river. A/C worked well - I actually like the noise it makes as it masks noise coming from outside the room. The water temperature for the sink and shower was fine and the water pressure in the shower was fine. The maids did a fine job of cleaning the room - no problems. Flat screen TV was nice but would have liked a few more channels, but no big deal. The only problem with my stay was check-in - What a disaster! Checked in around 2pm and was told I have a room but it is not clean yet. She tells me to come back in an hour to see if it is ready. I come back and still not ready. I come back in ANOTHER hour and wait in a special line for people who have already reserved their rooms. We stand for 20 minutes and not even acknowledged by anybody behind the counter so I wave my hand to get the attention of ANYBODY behind the counter. I get the attention of a lady who is holding a box of room cards to be handed out. She asks me my name, takes my ID and walks away and talks to the Manager. 15 minutes later I wave my hand again and explain to a different person that I handed over my ID to get my room card. She walks over to the lady holding the box of room cards, flips through them, finds mine, gives it to me and I'm on my way. What a disorganized mess! Well that didn't spoil my vacation as my boys and I had a great time. Viva Laughlin!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Long time fan of the Edgewater/Belle. Just got back from there and stayed at the newly refurbished rooms in the Edgewater. They were lovely, comfortable beds, lots of nice pillows, very clean! But.... the toilet paper was honestly like a roll of sand paper, the towels were so rough we laughingly referred to them as exfolliators. We were with a group of people so we had dinner at the Belle buffet. It was terrible. The whole upstairs of the Belle is closing. Mark Twain we were told is closing the end of the month. The other resturants are already closed. The buffet did not even have fruit. I was looking for a fruit bowl and they had a small pan filled with watery honey dew mellon cubes. That was it. No other fruit to be found. No vegetables either unless they were raw for your salad. We have eaten here for years and loved it, but something is terribly wrong at the Belle. The Koi pond is gone and they are building we hear a new resturant downstairs inside/outside, but it is just a mess right now. No excuse me signs, we are remodeling, it's just a mess. The Edgewater was better, but the food there was also lousy.
We visited the the Aquarius, and the Riverside. All seem to be hurting, but I would not recommend staying at the Belle, It looked like the Belle tower was closed as there were no lights on in those rooms. Thats where we used to like to stay facing the river. Try another hotel. I loved the Belle when they didn't have the brewery and they had a dance floor and music. It had a real spirit then. Now the employees are glum and hard to find if you need something.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CaroleALombard
Tacoma
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Enjoyed our stay! Always nice and clean rooms. Great value. Pints restaurant was great, we had never tried it and we pleasantly surprised. Breakfast was wonderful, lots of good food, service was outstanding.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Genevieve S
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 29 September 2013

For all the poor reviews out there about this hotel, take them all very lightly. If your trip is ruined because there's a scuff on the walls or a candy wrapper was left behind a dresser, maybe you have something else wrong with you. Look this isn't a Ritz, or a high end Las Vegas style hotel, it's a Laughlin hotel for cryin out loud!

Check on was very smooth and quick, friendly front desk staff. The casino is going through some up grades so things are slightly different.

The room was perfectly fine. Clean, AC worked, large bath room and good beds. What more do you want? No coffee maker? So what, go down stairs and get coffee. No resort fees here so what do you expect.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Aaron G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!