“New Restaraunt adjacent to Casino”

Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Reviewed 8 April 2014

At the North end of the casino they have renovated the inside and outside offering a tremendous venue for entertainment and food service. We had lunch there and it was very good. Wonderful atmosphere and good service. My wife had her first taste of deep fried mac and cheese. It was very good however we good have shared it, very filling. The Casino was a riot, lots of play areas, and enough wins to keep you going. A fun place with a great atmosphere.

Room Tip: Fun place centrally located lots of amenities.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank terrythepoolman

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Wow! I used to love this hotel, but it was a huge disappointment this trip. The "remodel" on the rooms consists of only carpet and bedding (a little bad paint job). For the most part, the rooms are old and still outdated. I found dead and dried out "desert" bugs in my room, which to me says it was not vacummed. When I went to get ice, both machines on my floor were not working. I actually only stayed one night, then went over to Aquarius and got a room for the next 2 nights. No disappointment there and the same price.
I have to add that when I went to get a room at the Belle, the desk clerk quoted me $45 and when I stated the rooms were only $17 down the road, she said, "Well, we can give it to you for $35 then." HUH? If you could "secretively" give me the room for $35, why didn't you before? Interesting approach. I think I'll stay away next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CDenbow
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My wife and I stood at the Colorado Belle over the president's day weekend. My first impression was good. It really looks like a boat from the outside. The casino is ok. Getting to the room was something else. It was like a maze getting to our room. Very confusing. The ice machine wasn't close either. The employees were friendly. I'd stay again, if the price was right.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Skip31
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

I read all the negative of how bad the colorado belle was I made reservation and the cancelled do to these post Im so glad to say that my experience was awsome it was so clean staff was friendly love the view of the river the walk was great construction work was their but come on it was not as bad a ppl said we had breakfast in the restaurant there for $5.99 steak ham & eggs potatoes & 2 toast yummy we loved it we feed the fishes and duck also pigeons beautiful pigeons were friendly eating out of my husbunds hand awsome pix I love to be back asap. That to all the hard working staff I had an awsome time.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Lovebugs123
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I remember when this hotel was built and when it expanded. It was a beautiful hotel. Well that was then. It has been let go. The carpets are all stained worn out and filthy. The rooms had a smell to is that was almost to much to take. It has become a place to stay because it is cheap but then walk to another hotel resort to have fun. The elevators seemed almost like a death trap and all scratched up. Sad, even the waterfall in the pool had a giant weed growing out the top where it was obviously growing out off dirt that is never cleaned. Good news is the same owners that run the Edgewater hotel has bought the Belle and they are going to be upgrading it so hopefully they can bring it back from the dead...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was our first visit after a two-year absence. The Belle was looking tired the last time we were there.

This trip showed that the rooms in the towers had been updated. New carpet, paint, updated decor, refrigerators and 46" tvs. Halls ways had new carpet, too. Not seedy looking.

The Belle has closed most of the restaurants on the 2nd floor and all that is open now is the buffet but that is to close as soon as the new restaurant opens on the main floor. The new restaurant, "The Loading Dock" opened in February. It is opened 24 hours and will have a variety of food.

Don't really like the changes of the eating establishments. All you have now is the two restaurants. The casino floor looks a little different, too. Not as many machines as before and they seem to be very tight.

Good trip. Nice room. Little quiet in all the casinos.

Room Tip: Stay in Orleans Tower and ask for River View Room above 4th floor and you can watch the airport.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank map48
Pat P, Public Relations Manager at Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

The Loading Dock is now open! Guests enjoy both indoor and patio dining and the service and food is outstanding! Many guests are finding our casino level restaurants much more convenient, especially those who are having difficulty getting around. We hope you will try the Loading Dock on your next visit!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have just had weekend at the Belle with 2 friends, one of which stays there a lot
Having had a week there last October I knew what it was like and I must say it doesn't quite match the bad reviews it has had
The bedding was the most comfortable I have experienced and with a clean room over looking the river and a good powerful shower!
What more can you want
The catering has undergone some changes and the new Boatdock whilst looking great, hasn't quite worked out what it is!
It appears to be part Buffet, part Sports Bar, part Steak house, part all day cafeteria and it is failing in all!!
I think they need to decide what it is going to be and concentrate on improving service and get it right
Maybe they will split it up a bit to create the right atmosphere
Our overall experience was good and the Poker Room was good to us
We have left our friend there for another 17 days (he is part of the furniture)

Stayed: February 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!