“She's "over the hill" but still a pretty boat”

Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Reviewed 3 July 2009

If you enjoy artistic flair and design and have a penchant to visit the Mississippi River and hop on a river boat, this is a good place to pretend. I have been on such a boat in Missouri and enjoyed this copy. It is a bit worn at the edges, yes, and its deck needs to be refinished but they have done a nice job on this place: fish occupy the "river" that hugs a portion of the boat (with the real river on the east side) & I was surprised that no one has yet commented on it's southern artwork, striped port rooms, etc. .
The pool is set in the center. We requested a ground room floor and had a nice view of the pool and jacuzzi. There is a rock waterfall & the shade gathers pretty early . . . the pool was a bit too cold for my tastes but my friend thought it was perfect. The small workout room is located next to this area.
The boiler room restaurant has great pizza. I ordered it both nights. You can also sit up in the windowed area and look at the Colorado River while you dine.
We stayed during the week and only paid $17 dollars a night. At this rate, I can't complain that there was no icebox, so I set my waters on top of the cold air conditioning unit. (An ice machine was near our room, but no containers were stashed close by). It kept them a little cool (better than leaving them on the little round table). Great to have a safe in the room. It's a quarter to use. If you go during the summer, bring lots of water. We brought 15 large water bottles and used it all during our stay (paying only $3 before leaving Los Angeles - I don't even WANT to know what I would've paid for that amount of water in Laughlin).
I'm not a shopper but crossed the street and visited the outlet mall. It's indoors and I picked up a couple of Laughlin t-shirts and a gift. I might have not even visited there but it wasn't until we were about to leave that I even realized that the Colorado Bell had a second floor of shops. You just take the wide, southern style staircase upstairs ~ located about midpoint in the casino area.
I played the slot machines (the quarter and dollar ones) and my friend played the penny machines. He won nine dollars. This is all the gambling we did.
You can take the London Speed Boat tour from the Colorado Bell. Just go on the river side & walk along and you can't miss its ticket booth. The ride is about two hours and will take you down to the London Bridge in Lake Havasu ($65 dollar round trip).
I like casinos with personality and this one, though old, definitely has it.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Forgottensage
There are newer reviews for Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino

Reviewed 29 June 2009

well i have been staying at the colorado belle for quit a few times for many years and it think it is old school but thats what makes it so exciting cuz it looks so much like a boat and its cool for the kids they have acsses to the river they have two pools lots of resterauts cool place to stay!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank esparza_veronica
Reviewed 18 June 2009

I have stayed at the Belle several times over the last few years and I always get a comfortable but somewhat aged room. The check in staff are efficient friendly and helpful.
Tip go for the Orleans Tower it seems better cared for than the other tower. The only real problem I have experienced is the bar staff in the Brewery could be a bit more cheerful and helpful. The buffet is fairly basic but the staff do there best with the limited materials available to them.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank CanardUk
Reviewed 14 June 2009

Perhaps the most friendly staff we have ever ran into. Overall the stay was unremakable. Great value, party atmosphere, not the best place for small kids. No lifeguard at the pool and plenty of bottles that should not have been allowed. Plenty of choices for eating.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank steveseig
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Made booking from San Diego and then read some very negative reviews of the property. As a result, was concerned that I'd made a bad choice. On arrival, no line for checkin. Clerk had notes regarding ib being a "birthday"...no amenities or discounts offered. Checkin completed, we then spent forty five minutes trying to find our room..directions given by the clerk & the maps posted were useless. Room was in good condition, with all offered amenities in place and working. We were on the second floor and adjacent to the pool..undersupervised/disinterested parenting made it a loud location. Upon check in @ players club, learned none of the food locations provided discounting on weekends,,,you had to earn your comps via casino play. I work in hospitality in San Diego and was "not eligible" for hospitality worker discount @ their brewpub. I feel that we paid too much @50 for what we got for one nights stay.

2  Thank shakaobear
Reviewed 23 May 2009

we stayed at the colorado belle on may 8th of '09 and it was a very nice experience. Considering what we had read from other reviews we had our reservations,there was no need for any concern.The colorado belle is a wonderful place and we had a great time. The room was clean and the A.C. cold. The shower was hot,the people friendly and check in was a breeze. We very much look forward to staying at the belle again. We fell in love with the architecture of the hotel,it literally looks like a land locked river boat.The food was great and the decor realy complemented the outward look of the belle. I could have realy believed I was on a riverboat. wonderful time.

2  Thank donaldusmaximus
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I read alot of the reviews and yes maybe this property is not for everyone. It is older and could use some updating but you are talking about getting a room for $19.00 a night! if you dont get it comped. Be realistic, it is not going to be the Wynn, It is an old school casino hotel. We have never had an issue with the staff who have always been friendy and any problems have always been resolved to our staisfaction. It might take a while but those seeking instant gratification should shy away from the slower pace of the smaller and yes older casino properties. We never go to vegas anymore because laughlin is slower and next to the river which is great for all kinds of activities.
It can be smoky during the busy times and since it is smaller in the casino it can seem busy also due to its size but the size is also what makes it feel more comfortable. You can walk to other properties easily (along the river ) or take a water taxi without the milage or thousands of people like in vegas.
We are open minded travelers and have stayed in tents to five star hotels and have traveled first class and on foot. Everyone wants different things form each of their travel destinations including cost. The Belle is an inexpensive river getaway destination it all depends on how you look at it. Travel happy.

6  Thank cruzincouple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!