My family and I have been staying at the Edgewater for years…several times a year. They have indeed recently updated their rooms and, yes, the coffee pots are gone. Not an issue for us as room coffee is typically low end. The beds are much more comfortable now, the HVAC systems are excellent and the shower heads give ample flow. There are no baths unless you upgrade to a suite (you have to go through a casino host for this).
Ever since the newer owners (5 years?) took over, the food experience has dropped. The buffet is not very good for any meal. Shame, as they used to have the second best buffet on the river (Harrah's is still the best). They took out their in house cafe and put in Coco's which is a downgrade. Food is adequate there although the staff is excellent. The Hickory Pit has been our go to eating establishment for the evenings. The food is always good and the staff has been very friendly in the past. However, our stay this past week indicates a chink in this armor.
We were accustom to either making reservations when they opened or simply waited in the walk-in line. Never been an issue. The new young hostess informed me that they did not have room for us until an hour and a half later…although the tables were less than half full. I thanked her and went back to my family who were waiting in the sports bar next door. The bartender heard us talking as we were going to head to another casino to eat. He told us to wait. Within 5 minutes he had the young hostess in there and there was obviously a bit of a conversation going on. He got us in immediately (party of 5). Never was the steakhouse even close to being full and the waiters did not appear to be over worked…so we didn't think anyone had called in sick. Food came and was excellent. The waiter was excellent. We ate and left a nice tip for the waiter's service.
We returned the next night…but this time I was there at 4 PM when they opened. The same young waitress gave us the same response…it would be at least until 6:30. I thanked her and left. We went elsewhere to eat. A friend who did have reservations gave me the same report. Not busy! What is going on here Edgewater? We not only ate at another casino but we stayed there to gamble for a few hours.
The best part of the Edgewater, and the reason we come back, is the dayshift pit crew. Dwight is one of the best on the river as the pit boss. The craps crew is second to none! They always make our time pleasurable and I never have to worry about a correct payout.
The sports book has been updated and it is the best on the river. Lots of screens!
If the Edgewater and Colorado Belle get their act together on food, they will return to the upper tier of casinos in Laughlin. However, it is a mess with regards to their eating establishments. So go the Edgewater for everything but the food. Same for the Colorado Belle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Edgewater Casino Resort is a beautiful resort destination in the heart of Laughlin, Nevada, resting on the west bank of the cool Colorado River. The Edgewater's 26-story Sedona Tower stands out against a desert landscape of blue skies and majestic mountain ranges. The Edgewater offers exciting gaming, exceptional dining and entertaining events. The perfect place for a relaxing vacation retreat or getaway, the Edgewater is also an excellent choice for weddings and reunions, business functions, meetings and events. Discover the Edgewater for a legendary guest experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Edgewater Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Hotel And Casino
- Edgewater Hotel Laughlin
- Edgewater Resort Laughlin
- Edgewater Laughlin
- Edgewater Hotel & Casino Laughlin, Nevada