“Was probably good, 10 years ago”

Laughlin River Lodge
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Rijswijk, ZH
“Was probably good, 10 years ago”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This whole place just feels like it's ... stuck in the past or so. Rooms are clean, but the deco is old-fashioned. The Casino floors too, and one floor is actually empty! Staff said the hotel/casino was about to get taken over/renovated. It's badly in need of it!

All in all: Sleeping comfort: good!
The rest: It's 1980!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jingizu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Spanaway, Washington
Reviewed 10 August 2014

When checking in had to sign a pet policy that the pet wouldn't bark wouldn't get on the beds or furniture no accidents. Ok but when going to the room had go through the casino down the elevator then three long hallways with drunken rowdy people in all the hallways I would like to bark myself. So decided that it was not going to work by the my husband was in the car with the pets I canceled the room then had to wait for house keeping to check out the room the pet never left the car. Not pet friendly!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank L Sue H

Travellers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is just horrible. How can this place make any money? Rooms are just plain, casino is a joke, hardly any manchines. The only thing they have going for them is the Dennys resturant. Sorry but in need of renovation big time!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vegasguy30
san diego
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I had a great time while staying here. We stayed at the top floor - 25th floor with a mountain view. Bed was very comfortable, bathroom clean and everything worked wonderfully. The room was clean and well kept. The only downside was the lighting. When all the lights were on, it was still a little dark. Also, not very many channels on the TV, but I don't come to Laughlin to watch TV. Perhaps the best part of the room was our maid - Rosa Cruz. She was wonderful - very nice and serviced our room quickly. My recommendation to those that will be staying here - ask for her floor. I don't know if she works only the 2th floor, but she is a gem! As far as gambling it was not too bad - win a little, lose a little. I did find a VP machine that consistently paid off (expect the last day! - go figure!). I found all the staff people there courteous and professional. When I checked in I asked for a comp’d frig and she gave it to me! I've been coming to Laughlin since the mid 80's and I have stayed at every hotel and I can honestly say that the River Palms had wonderful room with a very nice and professional staff. I'm hoping when the new owners open up the place after remodeling that the same nice, professional atmosphere remains - and Rosa Cruz!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank laughlinorbust
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I spend a night here as part of a tour group.

The room itself was clean, if a little cramped...

We were very disappointed to find that the hotel actually charges for wi-fi access, and even then the service is terribly slow! Honestly, lower class motels and roadside lodges offer free wi-fi now! A high-five goes out to the hotel's in-house Denny's Restaurant for providing free wi-fi...

There was also no complimentary breakfast, giving us an excuse to go back to Denny's for a second time!

The River Walk was poorly maintained, and access to the "beach" was denied - it's completely overgrown, but the beach itself was disgustingly dirty with all sorts of litter!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Adeline T
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely worse Casino/Hotel I've stayed at
Rude Valet
Rooms are Blah and while clean you never get fresh towels
Casino area small and no excitement there. Just a poor all around excuse to be called a Hotel/ Casino in Laughlin
Don't walk....RUN!!!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Lendersbest1
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have stayed at the river palms for years. PET FRIENDLY we arrived as usual checked in with our pet ferrett that we have brough with us for the last 2 yrs and went to the elevator got in only to be taken out of the elevator by security and stood in the middle of the casino with security for 45 mins because they said we could not take her (ferrett) to the room like we had done something wrong VERY embarrassing. We stayed 8 to 10 times a year loyal customers (inspit of the run down conditions of the casino) treated like criminals because of our choice of pet and they said new management by the way we had called ahead before we started bringing her with us. Very disappointed and upset with managements poor treatment.will never stay there again.so if you want to be embarrassed and treated poorly this is your place. Sharon kolwyck

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank skolwyck
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
#1 of 14 in Bullhead City
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin

Been to Laughlin River Lodge? Share your experiences!