“Treated like I was under interrogation!”
Review of Harrah's Laughlin

Harrah's Laughlin
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Treated like I was under interrogation!”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Arrived for check in. Informed that pet fee would be $55.00. I stated the website said $40.00.she said because it was a weekend it was higher. Nothing stated that on the website. after waiting 15 minutes, she said manager waived it. Then, check in..had reserved online. Requested two beds, told I requested a king. went back and forth about that. So then thought that was straightened out. Went up to room. It had a king size bed., Called back down to the front desk. Spoke with
jackie the manager who was more like an interogation officer than a hospitality employee.
She told me I did not advise them about the pet. How would I have known i would pay $40.00 upon check in had I not clicked on pet at time of making reservations?? She gave me the 3rd degree about the first conversation at the front desk re; the two beds vs king. I am also in the hospitality industry. would never treat anyone like that. Eric came to deliver the roll away bed. He asked why my pet didn't recieve her pet package?? he brought us the darling dishes, and treats. Everyone with the exception of the discourteous front desk staff was nice.

Room Tip: Central tower looked over the pool and lake.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank QualityLH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,986)
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We go to Harrah's in Laughlin several times a year. We always request a Deluxe room in the North Tower. These rooms are totally upgraded and have 42 inch flat screen tv's on the wall. Bathrooms are tiled and beautiful; beds are very comfy. On our last visit, we upgraded to a Suite, which had a separate living room with wet bar, 42 inch flat screen tv, and sofa sleeper. Bedroom had king-sized bed, 42 inch flat screen tv. Bathroom had jacuzzi tub, TV, telephone, and separated dual head shower. Highly recommend the North tower if you are headed to Harrah's in Laughlin, Nevada.

8 Thank Kathy R
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 27 April 2012

stayed here on our last night before getting home. It was during the week so I was able to get a comp room using my players club card so that was nice. We stayed in Tower 3 which I believe is the older one but it was nice. We were on the 14th floor and 2 Queen beds which were comfy. Bathroom was nice with a long counter, higher toilet, tub with shower. Air conditioner was pretty quiet. Didn't get to use the family pool as it closed at 9. Check in and out was easy. Didn't gamble as we had our grandaughter but we spent a little time in the arcade with her so that was fun. We've stayed here before and will stay again when in Laughlin. It's at the end of the hotels so you would really need to drive to the main stretch to walk on the boardwalk by the river.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank packy2
Chandler
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Not the friendliest staff at this location. I thought the check in went good until we got to the room and the smell. If your not a smoker this hotel is not for you. No smiles from the staff when you have an encounter in the hallways, walking through the Casino, even outside on the beach. Said hello to a Manager did not get a head nod. One of the things I have learned over the years is that “When dealing with people, remember that you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion." And the staff and Management of this property do not have a clue about the feelings of people. I was under the impression that the goal of the hotel was to connect with the guest? Not this staff. I think the team at Harrahs needs to learn that everything communicates and the staff did not communicate very well to me.

Room Tip: If they tell you they are giving you an upgrade make sure it is above the 3rd floor.
5 Thank John T
lasvegas
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My husband and I enjoy Harrahs Laughlin so much. We like the south tower. It is close to gaming. The rooms are a little dated but hey you only sleep a few hours. The rooms have always been clean and ready when we check in. Everyone is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Pick the central tower river view if you enjoy the water.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank riverside13
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Hi TA family,

Took advantage of a Harrah's Laughlin promo: RT flight from Long Beach, CA, deluxe room, Fri-Mon (Easter weekend) all for $29 each, myself and a guest! Wow right? Well, all was legit, no hidden cost, didn't have to attend a "timeshare" presentation and flew in a "real" plane lol. Room # 31644 in tower 3 was renovated with a river view closer to the beach, clean,with a very comfortable bed. Bathroom was roomy & clean and the shower was hot with good pressure. Staff was friendly and accomodating across the board, buffet was decent and the food in the cafe was good with the French onion soup VERY GOOD! The slots however were mean & STINGY! lol. Also took a beating at the Colorado Belle! The slots @ Aquarius were better, but by then my pockets were on "life support" LOL. Overall a nice trip and we had a really good time. Even though it was the most expensive "free" trip I have ever taken, lol, I would do it again. Maybe Harrah's will have a "pity" promo that will allow me to get my $$ back lol.

Room Tip: Tower 2 seems to have better river views and is centrally located on the property.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank AJ2634
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We spent 9 days at the location. This was our home base for our Route 66 adventure. The beds were great. We could not complain about that at all. Our room service was not so great compared to other Harrah's that we have stayed in the past. Our bathroom was not set up with toiletries when we arrived (hand soap, hair shampoo, facial tissue). I called housekeeping and asked for the aforementioned items. We received a roll of toilet paper at our door. The next day thinking the staff would make amends for the oversight we were greeted when we came back from a day of adventure to find no service to the room. Come to find out one must request service to the room. Now requested the third day a clean room Still no hand soap, hair shampoo, nor facial tissue. I call housekeeping once again. Next day 2 sets of soap, 2 sets of hair shampoo, and 2 boxes of facial tissue, now no TP. Hmmm. Thats OK. I now get a phone call from my wife who is stuck in one of the elevators on the 20th floor. Seems the elevator left patrons off on the third floor. The elevator doors then closed, a bump, and straight up to the 20th floor with the door sealed shut. My wife is totally afraid of what occurred. She used the EM phone in the elevator of which was not answered until the 20th ring from her remembrance. Then she called me. I called the front desk. They said they just got the call. 20 minutes later a guard and my wife enter the room. We left the hotel for one night to visit a distant location and settled elsewhere for an evening. Upon return weather was at a change for the forecast. Now this always happens to me no matter where I go. So we got the heaviest down pour that Laughlin has seen in years, and guess what. Water in the room. The rain was so fierce it was entering into the room through the seams of the windows. Not drops either, running water. I called the front desk. They sent a man up with big towels. (5) Big towels. Room service and custodial did come the next day. Caulk on the window, TP in the bathroom, and now the metal strip that holds the carpet down by the bathroom door is gone and nails are sticking up. The hotel was at 93% full. This was Easter week. The elevators in all three towers experienced long lines to get to rooms. Hence the reason we left early A.M. and came home late P.M.
I was not real upset about the Hotel, however I did report it to the Front desk upon check out. The lady said,” Thank you for the information. Here is your receipt."

3 Thank R W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Lodge on the River
Lodge on the River
#4 of 14 in Bullhead City
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Harrah's Laughlin? Share your experiences!