“Go every year”

GreenLeadersSilver level
TOPEKA
“Go every year”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We live in Kansas and can often get a three to four night stay and air fare through Total Rewards for $20 a person for the Laughlin location.The hotel and casino in Laughlin are okay, nothing overly special. We love the pool and private beach though! We rent a car, drive up to Vegas and cash in on some free rooms there and usually spend less then the cost of a sindle round trip airfare from Kansas City. Laughlin is nice, but the crowd is usually much older and slower paced. And--Harrahs is quite a ways from the other casinos, so don't ride to river taxi up and then try to walk back! Get a cab.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank QUINTA A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,996)
  • Korean first
Bullhead City, Arizona
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stay here alot and I love everything normally but yesterday I called the fitness center and they told me for a hotel guest (of which I am!) that the gym was $5 and I
go in there and it's actually $10 because I'm not a total rewards member. They never told me anything about being a member...it juss says hotel guest. other than that it's a good hotel the arcade is a bit small and has taken my money multiple times, so don't really recommend that but the staff is friendly and the rooms are great I'm juss annoyed by the gym thing because I had already went and got my water, energy bar, and protein shake only to be told I have to spend another $10...when I was told it was $5 I'm not a happy guest at the moment.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Natalie C
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I receive offers for free stays, free meals and free play up and down the river in Laughlin. We try to take advantage of as many as we can; free rooms, free meals and free play make any trip more enjoyable.

On our way back from Las Vegas we decided to take advantage of a free stay at the Harrah's in Laughlin. We wanted to be in a more updated room further away from the smoke filled casino. We were put in the North Tower that had some recent upgrades; new paint, new bathroom fixtures and a new huge TV.

The bed was comfy,the room was clean and they offer the most TV channels of any place on the river. The other towers (South and Central) are more conveniently located in regards to the "smoking casino" but are not upgraded and smell funny. Plus, if you have children with you, the North tower is far enough away from the casino and close to food, the arcade and easy entrance to the pool; that you don't have to worry about walking through the casino to get anywhere children are allowed.

3 Thank Ashley H
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Stay 1 night enroute to las vegas, was given a room (wing 3) facing car park, pretty disappointed as nothing much in view. The opposite is facing road. Avoid wing 3 if possible.
Room is comfy but not for the other 2 rooms given to my friends which smell of sewage waste. Only things the cleaner does is to spray air refresher which only temporarily help. Poor friends end up could not sleep well due to the odour.
No free drinking waters given in room, breakfast n dinner is avg. Good is have Macdonald n Casino n kids arcade n hair dryer available. No kettle to boil water.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Temecula, California
Reviewed 30 May 2014

pros: cheap rates, extra comfy bed, sandy beach with umbrellas facing the river, good buffet, kids arcade,mcdonalds for a quick bite.

cons: $75 a night deposit hold on our credit card(which they DID tell us about when checking in) north 3rd tower room stunk bad like sewer and didn't seem really clean, they forgot to put soap and shampoo in our room, really tight slot machines(my experience)
not close to the other casinos,

conclusion: you get what you pay for, was it worth the cheap rate? ($19 a night) yes, but if i had a choice again and not one a tight budget , I will choose another hotel.

4 Thank uscgmom43
Winnipeg
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We spent 4 days at Harrahs Laughlin and had a great time! Our room was very nice with a great view of the Colorado River. The beds were very comfortable and we slept very well. We loved laying at the beach and pool during the day and doing our gambling in the evening. Staff were very nice as well. On our way back to the Las Vegas airport we decided to spend a day in Vegas where it was a total zoo!!! We much preferred the laid back atmosphere in Laughlin. We unfortunately did not win and money at the slots but had a fun time trying! Would definately return!

Room Tip: Any room overlooking the river
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vicki F
Oro Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had issues at the hotel. Notified staff of the issues. Since nobody connected me with management while at the hotel, I called when I got home. After the run around and 4 phone calls I actually talked to the hotel Manager Michelle. Her number direct line is 702-298-8531. She was worthless. She claims that I never placed the call with hotel staff to complain. As a result she said she would not compensate me for my stay. I did not even ask for compensation. I wanted an apology, but never did receive it. I only got excuses about how I did not call, and they checked phone records and saw no phone calls made. Do not stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Thank Tyler23232323
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Lodge on the River
Lodge on the River
#4 of 14 in Bullhead City
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Harrah's Laughlin? Share your experiences!