“Does not matter what room you book, they change it at check in.”
Review of Harrah's Laughlin

Harrah's Laughlin
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Does not matter what room you book, they change it at check in.”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I chose here because of the beach. here was my reservation.....North Tower Deluxe
2 Queen Beds;Non-Smoking

check in agent says ok checking in one night in a south tower king bed....."no!"
told them my reservation. my answer back...."we have no queen beds at this hotel!"
then asked if children are with me said no. so i was given a room in another tower that is adults only with two double beds. so no matter what you book they separate you at check in. kids tower rooms and pool one side and adults only in the other and you don't get bed type you booked. room was so dusty all furniture was banged up dust all over bed you couldn't breathe. the grounds of this place was so dirty stairs to the pool and beach all full of garbage and leaves and cement and railings all cracked.It's supposed to be a private beach for hotel guests only. but there is no security, no gates, no key card swipe to enter nothing. I saw so many people come in swim and then leave and walk out of the parking lot back to where they are staying elsewhere. first stay in laughlin was not a good impression.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank salknowsvegas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,728)
  • Korean first
phoenix, az
Reviewed 19 June 2014

my wife & i put together a trip for ourselves and our group from phoenix. the group booked 9 rooms. this was 2 weeks ago. we went to sleep the first night. i woke up about 3 in the morning itching like crazy. there were big welts across my back and right arm. i thought it can't be BEDBUGS!! i went back to bed.I could not get to sleep. in the morning, we called the front desk. they sent a lady from security to the room. she took a report. i showed her the welts. i went to the front desk . they took the report & gave me a copy i went to a site called bedbugs.com. harrah's in laughlin had several reports. they moved us to another room the last report was the end of may my wife spoke to a rep monday. she said that another person would call us. the room had BEDBUGS the new lady wanted US to pay for any charges related to the bugs.i am contacting corporate headquarters

Room Tip: stay away!!!
Green Features: horrible experience!! what could be environmentally-friendly
10 Thank marvins390
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 17 June 2014

There IS a sewage smell at this hotel. But after a stroll up the Riverwalk, we became aware it wasn't just Harrah's. Not sure what causes the smell, but it's bearable.

No issues at check in and all the staff was nice and courteous. Especially the boys at the front doors. Which we noticed was lacking at the other hotel/casinos.

The beach at Harrah's is awesome and a must if you are renting a jet ski. I just wish the beach area was easier to get to without walking thru casino (we had kids), would also be nice if there were more snack and food options near the beach part of Harrah's since you aren't allowed to bring down coolers.

Overall we had a great time and really didn't spend much.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Renee O
California
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

At check in with my 4 kids in tow I was told they did not have my reservation on file from Hotels.com. Check in clerk was unsympathetic and advised me to book direct next time. So I stepped to the side. Luckily the front desk manager Kris I think stepped in and
talked directly to hotels.com and proceeded to check me into my rooms. Good job to her for excellent customer service. We stayed in the north tower rooms they were clean and comfortable. No refrigerator, we used our ice chest. No kids channels like Nick or Disney you have to purchase those through on demand. We paid $8.99 for a package of cartoons for 24 hours.The kids and family pool is average. The adult pool seemed nice with bar adjacent and cabanas etc. The beach area was nice The kids enjoyed that part very much. All the staff I encountered were nice and had a smile except the initial front desk check in lady. Mcdonalds on the property is more expensive than average McDonalds ex.$8.99 for 10 nuggets. $3.99 for 1 sausage mc muffin We had to drive off site to get food..I couldn't
pay those prices for Mcdonalds. Didn't win any money at the casino. Seem to have better luck at the Golden Nugget or Aquarius. Overall nice stay would most likely
come back for another family trip because of the convenience of the beach area.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Baseballmom909
North Carolina
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Don't know if it was poor ventilation system/problems or just poor house keeping but, the odor slammed us in the face upon entering and persisted the whole time we stayed there, especially near the entry door.

Someone kept "stealing" our "do not disturb" sign from the door, which resulted in housekeeping attempting to open our door while we're in the room...yes, they did knock first.

As always, we had no issues with check-in and our room, as always, were available upon arrival. Front desk clerk, Ms. Amber was VERY courteous and friendly...she even kept quiet about not mentioning Jeff Dunham show(I showed her the note I made on my cell phone requesting her to NOT mention anything of the show) that I had booked to surprise my wife! THANKS Amber!

The sleep quality could be better though, mattress was quite worn out and pillows flat. We rated cleanliness low due to foul odor in our room, which we never had on previous stays here at Harrah's...we had to give this(cleanliness) a good explanation so as to not be misunderstood as being "normal" here.

2 Thank Bikerdudeandhiswife
Dallas Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2014

It was pretty warm in Laughlin but the staff at this hotel made up for that, The hotel has a lovely beach area and outside area. The rooms were comfortable and quiet for sleeping, the beds were great. We had a wonderful meal at Steak house. Two huge and yummy Lobster tails. Prices for what we got were fair and reasonable. We were on a charter flight and the bus brought us right to the courtyard and picked us up so we didn't experience any problems with the parking some of the other guest did. Our luggage was picked up and delivered to our room with out any problems. Best of all I left some very important papers in the room when we checked out and Vickie in the lost and found sent someone to our room and found them and at the very last minute as I was boarding someone got them to me at the airport. Kudos to her and everyone on the staff. There is also a great food court!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank happitex
Shreveport
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Booked this through a chartered flight and hotel package through my Trip Rewards from Harrahs. The customer service was superb in the Beach Cafe. We were introduced to Albondigas soup "mexican meatball" and it was delicious. Adult Tower 1 is the quieter tower and closer to the Adult pool. Cheap ice cream is in the 24hour McDonalds. Did not like the Buffett food at all. It was cold and not seasoned to my liking. I am from the South and it was bland for me.

Room Tip: Adult Tower 1 is quieter.
Green Features: They have a non-smoking side also. They do not allow any coolers on the beach but will offer styro-foam coolers closer to the beach area.
2 Thank SKILILLADY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Days Inn Bullhead City
Days Inn Bullhead City
#1 of 14 in Bullhead City
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Harrah's Laughlin? Share your experiences!