“Great Trip”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Trip”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My family had a wonderful time at Harrahs Laughlin during 4th of July weekend. I was very worried about staying at this hotel after reading the bad reviews. I did not encounter any of the problems the other guests had. I arrived early around 1 pm the room was not ready, (check in is at 4 pm) I checked back at 2 pm and the room was ready. The room was nice and clean with a beautiful river view. The water pressure in the shower was good. There was no smell in my room.
I even requested a roll away bed (at check in) and it was delivered shortly after I entered the room. My family had a blast at the pool and river. There was alot of different types of table games and alot of newer slot machine games. We enjoyed our entire stay and look forward to coming back. Thank you Harrahs Laughlin

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank noreen140

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,079)
  • Korean first
Lawrenceburg, Indiana
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Decided at the last minute to stay in Laughlin instead of Needles, CA. What a good choice. No way you could beat the price for a nice place to stay. Eating is pricey except for the on site McDonalds which is also high for that type of food. They have to make up for the CHEAP pricing on the rooms some where. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My brothers & I stayed in Laughlin for one night.

I've been to Harrah's many times over the years, and I've always had a good experience. Sometimes the line for checking in can be quite long if you arrive at the customary check-in time of 4 PM, but other than that, I've never had a problem.

I like Harrah's because it's at the far end of the Laughlin "Strip" and I like the view I get of the rest of the casinos when I get an upper floor room in the North Tower that faces that direction. I usually stay in the North Tower, which seems to be mostly used to accommodate families with kids, so the noise level could be an issue if that bothers you, but it doesn't phase me. I prefer the North Tower because it is adjacent to the extra parking lot that is at the back of the hotel. Instead of messing with the covered parking garage, which makes coming and going to the hotel a longer process, just keep going down the hill and you'll reach this small back lot. If you're lucky to nab a parking spot, you can get to your North Tower room in a flash!

Bottom Line: Harrah's has nice clean rooms at a great price, and a pretty darn good buffet if you are really hungry!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Las Vegas
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The staff was rude everywhere, the electricity went out for about 4 hours, the rooms were unbearable to sleep in due to the a/c not working, the TV wasn't working and the phone in our room didn't work either. When I spoke to the manager regarding my issues he said that there was nothing he can do. I do believe Harrah's hotel could've done was compensate me for my stay. My husband and I were planning to come back with our family and friends in August but now we are telling everyone about the horrible stay and we will find somewhere else to spend our money at when we go in August.

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Ajmedina13
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We love Laughlin. They have amazing Sacred Area (Grapevine Canyon, Knob Hill Etc) and Colorado river. And Harrah's hotel gave us comfortable moments. We have enjoyed water at river and pool. I hope more extend stay at next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SHO_NAKAGIRI
Roswell, New Mexico
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We were there on a very busy Sunday evening. Even though all the check-in parking was full, the front desk people were very nice. We had excellent service everywhere we went in the hotel. Bell desk people were great. Our room was very comfortable. We ate at the Mexican restraint and had good food and service. I was pleased to know they were pet friendly as I had left mine home but now I can bring them next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Virginia A
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Tried to check in at 9:00am and was so glad when front desk assigned two non-smoking king rooms adjacent to each other BUT they weren't quite ready. I was told by Kim to continue checking throughout the morning and at latest, the rooms would be ready by 1:00. Since check in wasn't officially until 4:00, it wasn't a big deal. My last attempt to check-in was at 12:55pm and they still weren't ready. I decided to meet up with friends at the Golden Nugget and didn't return to Harrah's again til 9:00pm. To my surprise, my rooms had been given away and now the two rooms had double beds and were on different floors. I was told by the supervisor, Kris, that the rooms I had been assigned at 9:00am were never officially "mine", the hotel was sold-out, so basically take it or leave it. Ya, I decided to take it. Then when I get up to my room, I can't order room service nor make a phone call home from land line (TMobile doesn't get service in tower) because there isn't a credit card on file because the front desk didn't do their job and get my info. After leaving the card info., I went back up to my room and tried to order but room service was closed! When I check out on Monday, I didn't elect to do the express check out because my experience with the front desk had not been pleasant and I didn't want further issues. I proceeded to check out with Kris (not to my delight) and she said everything had been taken care of and I didn't have a remaining balance because my rooms had already been paid through Expedia. Because my long distance calls didn't come up, I seriously assumed the calls had been comped to make up for Saturdays fiasco...not so, I now have a $35 charge to my credit card for two 2minute calls! Once again, Harrah's staff didn't do their job properly (and this was a front desk supervisor) and gave me the wrong information. I think the staff needs to be retrained so they can provide accurate information to guests THROUGHOUT their stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
13 Thank Lia C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection
Lodge on the River
Lodge on the River
#5 of 14 in Bullhead City
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Harrah's Laughlin? Share your experiences!