“A Good Choice In Laughlin” 4 of 5 bubbles

Harrah's Laughlin
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tennessee
“A Good Choice In Laughlin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Harrah's Laughlin is a good choice if you are planning on staying in Laughlin.

I was a guest of Caesar's for four nights. The water taxi is an interesting way to travel on the river between the Laughlin properties. While walking back to Harrah's from the most northern casino, I can safely say that the Harrah's property (hotel and casino) appear to one of the best. The Aquarius seemed pretty nice, but I still consider it equal.

I don't play slots, so I can't comment about how "tight" they are for the players. I can say, however, that if you play the slots, you must understand that you are much more likely to lose the money. I never understand why people complain about them.

During the day, Harrah's Laughlin appeared to be the only casino that kept a craps table open with a full staff. While walking back through all of the properties, the other casinos had only a stick person and one other dealer at the craps table. The Harrah's craps dealers did a very good job. You can't complain about the results of the dice -- it's random.

My room was in the south tower and was for adults only. I absolutely can't stand smoke, so I'm glad that my room on the 7th floor had no smoke smell at all! It was clean, the maids did a good job every day, and the distance to the casino was good considering the elevator bank entrance was on the edge of a part of the casino.

I am a Diamond Player, so I always like having access to the Diamond Lounges. The staff in the lounge were friendly and nice. The only reason that I was scratching my head was when the waiter turned off the TV showing a baseball game at 9:00pm while we were finishing our visit. I knew they were closing at 9:00pm, but we entered after 8:30pm and were just about finished.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank EastTNtravels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,412)
  • Korean first
Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed at Harrah's Reno last week and it was a completely different experience. This time we stood in a long check in line Only 2 agents working the check in desk plus the person working the VIP check in. Both agents had irate customers that took forever to handle. Finally the VIP person started helping out. She told us a room was ready for us if we wanted to pay an extra $10. Now I've heard of this practice but don't understand it. Either a room is ready or it's not ready. We opted to check later. Once we got our room it did not have a coffee maker or mini frig as our room in Reno had. I had read reviews where people did mention coffee makers in the room. Also the room had a horrid smell. Kind of like an open sewer. we are 70 yrs old so not sure why we didn't have a room in the adult tower. Instead it was the tower with children that ran up and down the hallways. The beach on the river in front of the hotel is very nice and the cold river welcome in the 115 degrees heat. However, be aware that you cannot always get down to the water as it depends on how much water is being released at the dam. We usually had to wait until noon for the water to be up to the beach. House keeping individuals were pleasant to deal with as was most staff and check out was very effecient

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Patrick and Mer... C
Palmdale, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel was the worst place I have ever stayed at. The room was so dirty it was a health risk and the air conditioning worked so bad it was a hot box. When I complained to management it was like “ok so what”.
I took pictures of the carpet in the room and showed to hotel management and again management was unfazed by it’s condition. The room itself smelled like urine and they had to come in and spray in an effort to mask the odor. No one from the hotel ever apologized for this experance.
Avoid this place it’s a health hazard

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
9 Thank robert149
Goodyear, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Went with a group of soccer teammates and our families to celebrate a couple birthdays. Harrah's allowed us to request/reserve a block of rooms to keep our group close together. The check-in process was pretty smooth, with kindness carrying the entire conversation. It was no hassle, we got the keys early and were on our way.

Plenty of room for parking without feeling like you have to valet. Larger spaces are available to accommodate large trucks and trucks with boats. We went for a weekend, got great rates and had friendly room service every day.

All in all, fun time for the money, the distance away and was perfect for what we needed: a cool roof over our heads!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Sparkill, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

First Trip to Laughlin and chose Harrah's because of my familiarity with the chain. The hotel was very clean and room well appointed. My room overlooked the Colorado River and had a great view. The price was a good value, casino had good variety of games and food options were good.The Beach Cafe had good food although it seemed on the night I was there service was spotty and our waiter seemed overwhelmed. We had a much better experience at breakfast the next morning. All of the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank itinerent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I have been going to harrahs for a really long time now and it has very good service the room cleaning peaple are really nice to us in the morning they always say good morning have a nice day and the beds are comfortable especially the rooms that are river view it is a nice view because when you want to go to the pool or to the beach you don't have to go down the elevator the elevator to check if theres alot of people there instead you just check the window and you could see and the view is also really relaxing and this is what I think about harrah's Laughlin, Nevada

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Maritza H
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

In my many years of traveling, this location has to be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. The check-in process was long and the attendant was rude. I was not informed we had to join their players club to redeem our Buffett offer we received with our hotel special. We waited 30 mins in a buffet line for nothing. After check-in we waited another 20 mins for the elevator to our suite. This was the worst aspect of our stay since there's only one set of elevators for each tower. It was hell on earth each time we needed to go down. It felt like a suffocating microwave. Also there was constant tourist buses loading and unloading hundreds of people which would block the lobby/elevators/casino floors. Too make matters worse, the suite we paid extra for was not thoroughly cleaned and the sink made a gurgling sound all night. Also the ice machine on our floor was broken. It was such a nightmare. Never again!

Room Tip: Do not pay extra for the suites. Not worth it. Also river view does not mean river view.. it means s...