“clean, comfortable, and quiet”

Pioneer Hotel & Gambling Hall
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Brooklyn, New York
“clean, comfortable, and quiet”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel has everything I look for when I travel. I reserved a king room and was not disappointed. The amenities, location and staff are all top notch. I will be referring my family and friends to this hotel. I will even suggest it to my boss for future meetings and staff retreats. Great job!

Room Tip: Looking forward to coming back when they open their restaurant!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Hungarian first
phoenix, az
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Spent two nights on two separate occasions (one night each time). I have a dog so I stay in pet friendly hotels/motels. Rooms are carpeted so no matter how much they're sprayed the smells are there. Also bedding old and nasty. My dog loved all the smells and urine marks on carpet & bedding. Laughlin hotels are not pet friendly so we are stuck with the Pioneer. The room attendants were very good but they can only do so much. Employees agreed that carpets should be replaced with tile or flooring. Bedding & bed also need to be replaced.

Room Tip: You don't have much choice if you are traveling with your pet(s). Pioneer is the Only casino/h...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank ginny f

Travellers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

Corona, California
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I dont mind the Pioneer, to tell you the truth its my go to place when I have the kids and need an extra room for a good rate.Love to play pool and drink at Sassy Sues. I love the old school feel the outdoor hallways and parking right in front of your room. They got the little beach area and are central to everywhere on the river. The rooms are dated and the casino is small and the resturants are not the best. But over all not bad I will contiue to consider and even stay at the Pioneer for future Laughlin visits...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ryan b
Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Made reservations for the bottom floor six months in advance. We got the top floor. They gave away my room and three other rooms my family had reserved. Doesnt sound horrible until you walk up and down 2 flights of stairs a bunch of times a day to be at the river. PAM at the front dest gave me every excuse in the book.. Except the truth. Then was punished by PAM and was the last person to get a room.The hotel was great. Needs updating and lots of repairs. But my room was one of the cleanest I have seen in a long time. The eatery on site had fantastic food and clean as a whistle! So bottom line is, I would return but I will go to the top of the chain of command and get the room I reserved. So look out Pam at the front desk. I think maybe you have job burn out and need to not deal with the public.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank JacobLakeTahoe
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

The wife and I used to frequent this place every time we came down to Laughlin which is a couple times of year. We immediately stopped coming here when we noticed the service has gone downhill the wait staff and bartenders seem to be paying less attention to you and they used to have ladies first drink was always free on the River Bar and now they stop doing that. The machines are tight, hotel looks run down, the western theme looks like it hasn't changed since the 70s...not sure how this place went downhill so fast? All within the last 6 months.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vegasguy30
Marietta, GA
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Checked in on a Saturday afternoon for 1 night, there was no line at registration - I assumed everyone must have arrived on Friday. The front desk clerk was a courteous and respectful gentleman and upgraded me to a suite overlooking the Colorado river at no extra charge. The riverfront suite was on the third floor and the view was awesome. The suite itself was very spacious and included a wet bar and a king sized bed which was very comfortable with newer pillows and bedding. The suite had a very large bathroom, though dated, everything was clean and in working order. There is ample parking generally in front of your room but it is an older motel style property with a 3 story walk-up, there are no elevators. The pool area was clean and the pool was a decent size. The riverfront rooms also look over the 'river walk' which is a pedestrian walkway along the river which connects most of the casinos. It is very popular, well maintained and lit at night.

Room Tip: The riverfront rooms seem to be better furnished, quieter and upgraded. I think I would pay the ext...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank clan4irish
Williams, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Definitely my last choice for a stay in Laughlin. Check in process at front desk takes longer then any hotel I've ever been to, still behind in the times. You have to pay extra to check out late, no ice machines, you have to call housekeeping and pay $2.00 for a bag of ice.

If you need a place to sleep at a price you can really live with, this will work great. Remember, if you came to gamble, you have to walk outside to get into the casino. When it 112 outside it sucks, I'd rather stay in a casino that has it's rooms inside, out of the heat.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Glenn E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Pioneer Hotel & Gambling Hall? Share your experiences!