“A great place to stay”
Review of Tropicana Laughlin

Tropicana Laughlin
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Clean updated rooms,Great entertainment, and good food. We stayed 2 nights midweek for $50 a night which I think was a great value. The seafood buffet on Friday night was a good deal for $17. They had two good cover bands playing each night. We did gamble a little which was fun. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,161)

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We got there and were excited they let us check in early. But room wasn't finished being cleaned or, that's the way they are cleaned. Tried to put us into smoking room, even though it firmly stated non smoking on my reservation. We ended up with NON, but only after they made it seem like they were doing us a great favor. The room was ok, not 5 star, but in good shape. They only have shutters so lights from signs shined in room all night. A/C was either freezing cold or warm.
They ended up comping us another stay, just not sure I want to go back. DO NOT eat at buffet , we tried it twice. Lunch and dinner it was horrible. Housekeeping needs to be retrained, don't leave a tip envelope if room is not clean!
WE stayed at
Edgewater last stay and Beds were the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Rooms were nice and CLEAN. So I will be going back and stay at the Edgewater.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Bolx22
Reviewed 21 September 2013

having stayed in Laughlin a few times we knew the hotels were not to the same standard as las vegas, but then again the prices reflect that, however the web site we booked with stated recently renovated rooms, so we booked into this hotel, when we got into the room it was obvious the carpet was quite new but the walls had not seen a paint job in years, the walls were deeply scratched in places and very dirty in some places, we went back to ask if we had the right room as we had paid extra for an upgraded room, were were told by the staff that it had been some 4-5 years since any work was done on the hotel and they had only done the bulk of the work on floors above 17, they did change our room to one of these, which was cleaner (except the carpet but that was obvious done by a former guest), the beds were very comfortable and the flat screen tv was good with the shutter system at the windows being very nice, but we were told that these were the only improvements made to the rooms.
The bedding and bathroom were very clean, but the only bad thing with housekeeping was there was 1 French fry left on the floor by the table from the previous guest(s) and despite moving the chair for housekeeping to get to it, in the 3 nights we were there it was not removed----perhaps its still there today!

Room Tip: ask for a room above floor 17 in the tall tower the other one still has old beds, old TV's etc
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank syl188
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The hotel itself is okay to stay in the Cleaning crew, servers and restaurants are very Friendly. My only issue was with our Check in process they had lost the reservations to our stay. fortunately I had my confirmation from Expedia. When trying to extend our stay the hotel was not accommodating. Speaking to a manager/supervisor Martha was not helpful either. I was very disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MEL S
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past few years. We were there Sept. 10,11,12,
2013. The hotel has good beds and large rooms. The parking is adequate; however, the
garage is a bit far to move your luggage. We bring a folding 2 wheel cart that works ok.
Our only problem was the check in. We were given a price by a grouchy phone clerk and when
we checked in the price was $10 higher. Martha, Desk Mgr., said that's the price and it will
likely be even $10 higher on your next visit. (Makes us want to return?) We do like this hotel
and will overlook this confusion.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bruce D
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I have several close relatives in Laughlin and have made hundreds of visits here over the years. I know all the hotels and restaurants like the back of my hand. I like the Tropicana a lot because the rooms are clean and comfortable and the hotel has a lot of things to do if you don't gamble. I stayed here over Labor Day and was very satisfied. Restaurants were really good and the buffet is decent for the price. Be aware that the hotel is quite large, so it can be a long hike from your car to your room. But I'd be happy to stay here again. Check-in and check-out were quick and easy.

Room Tip: Views facing Casino Drive are very nice, views facing the other direction are nothing special.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dleifker
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Was told I had no option other than to pay $30 for an upgrade in order to get a nonsmoking room. So my first impression of the hotel service was good but then my party and I met Penny the bartender. She as sweet fun and gave us a different feeling towars our stay. After that we went back to the front desk and we talked with another front desk clerk who gave me more options and made me happy to be there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Julio A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Tropicana Laughlin? Share your experiences!