“Very nice room with a great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tropicana Laughlin

Tropicana Laughlin
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very nice room with a great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We have never stayed at the Trop. I made our reservations online. Be careful as it automatically defaulted me to hotels.com without my realizing until I checked out. The price actually ended up better that what the Trop offered. I requested the Adult Tower. We had heard later that they have rooms with jetted tubs. We arrived early and hoped for early check in. The lady at the desk was very nice. I asked her if they had any rooms with the jetted tubs available. Yes! And only a $15 per night additional charge. With the money saved at hotels.com the additional $15 evened out! We were not in the adult tower then but the room was twice as big as our friends and the tub was huge. It had sliding mirrored doors that opened up to the bed/suite area. Very nice! Now it was not a brand new room but it was well kept. We also ate at the steak house and had a well prepared tasty meal. We were happy as we have had some not so good meals in Laughlin. We had a very nice 3 day stay and will definitely stay at the Trop again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Rhonda T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Riverside, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

So, we go to Laughlin alot. I read the reviews and kindof knew what I was in for but hoped that they were exagerated. They really weren't. The staff was friendly..no trouble checking in, the valet was fine, no trouble with the bellman. The room, though.. We stayed in a Jacuzzi suite and it was really cheap soooo.... I'm sure I read somewhere that they had been renovated but no. It had a new bed which was nice, the sheets were soft and comfy, I found no bugs..Also, the jacuzzi tub was pretty amazing..loud, but amazing.. But the carpet was very yuck, there were stains all over the couch, chairs, even night stands.. The casino, we won nothing all weekend and we are usually pretty lucky people. Ok, this is Laughlin and we don't expect the same as we expect in Las Vegas, but... Will we stay there again? Not unless they really renovate the rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewMrs04232011

Travellers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

Buckeye, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We booked a room package at the Tropicana for a Toby Keith concert. It was a good deal for the package with Sunday stay free . I was a bit apprehensive after or recent stay at the Gold Nugget. To our surprise, despite seemingly long lines for parking and check in everything was very efficient. Our room was exactly what we booked and our tickets were ready. Our room was spacious, clean and quiet . The only thing is they don't have black out curtains , but nice plantation shutters . This was not a problem for us , but might be to those super sensitive guests.
Since there is no parking at the concert venue a large luxurious bus was provided and ran regularly from beginning to end of event. I guess my only complaint was the pushy and rude crowd, after the concert, but that's not the hotels fault , just poor manners someone's mama 's never taught them.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank redheadedangel41
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at this satisfactory hotel/casino from Monday 4 Nov till Wednesday 6 Nov. All in all it was OK. We were in room 654 The room was fine. The only drawback was the chairs. Both of them were worn out. I weigh 180 and the springs were shot as I sank in both chairs and the fabric was well worn. The TV was a nice flat screen although the programming was sparse. In the parking garage, you could see all the older furniture being stored. So I would surmise that eventually better furniture will be in place. The staff was very cordial and did go the extra mile. The Italian restaurant, Passagio, deserves praise. Good quality and tasty. And the wine selection was good and plentiful.

Room Tip: Ask for what kind of room you want, and they should be able to accommodate.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jaybee412
Southern Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

As a Laughlin local I usually only stay in the hotels when I have out-of-town guests. I recently spent three nights at the Tropicana and it was very enjoyable. I stayed in one of the recently re-done Resort Rooms. It was clean and spacious. The view of the mountains and desert was amazing. My biggest complaint would be that the bathroom towels were extremely small.

Room Tip: Park at the top of the parking garage and use the elevators to access the rooms in the Promenade Tow...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Panamint-Daisy
Regina, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

The rooms were not bad, but....if your looking for customer service, don't stay here, the valet parking staff were not helpful at all, needed a pay phone as you cannot call locally from your room, they could not direct me to a phone I could use, the operator would not call out for me, the front desk would not help me, I finally found a pay phone. The cocktail waitress on the floor never smiles, even when you tipped, so I quit tipping, the morning buffet staff were RUDE....talking about other customers, and told us that another customer referred to one of our party as being FAT, like we needed to know that!!!!! If you wanted internet you had to pay 10.99 a day, couldn't even purchase for 2 hours, had to buy a full day, who wants a full day, I'm on holidays, I just want to check on things at home....they advertised a free shuttle to the outlet mall and to their sister casino, when we inquired about it (on a Tuesday) they said the driver was off till Friday, what hotel doesn't have a shuttle driver 7 days a wee....that was just the tip of the iceberg, I will not be returning to that hotel EVER AGAIN!!!!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel....
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank donnab2b
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

We were enticed to visit the Tropicana in Laughlin with a mailing offering complimentary rooms, with two food vouchers and free casino play. Our check in was smooth and even though it was 3:00 and check in was 4:00 our room in the adult tower was ready. The first thing we saw when we opened the door were the four inch white plantation shutters at the window. What a nice decorator touch! The room was furnished with two queen beds, a dresser, nightstand and table and chairs in a dark finish with brushed chrome pulls. Although there were three lamps in the room, they were all mismatched. The beds were comfortable and the linens nice. There was a coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, refrigerator, clock and flat screen TV. There was a daily charge for internet access. The bathroom was tiny - a large person would struggle here. There was one sink and a fiberglass shower with glass doors and no tub. The bathroom door could not be opened or closed while sitting on the toilet. The toiletries were minimal - two bars of soap and a bottle of shampoo, but the towels were large and fluffy. We had fish and chips at Carnegie's Diner and were pleased with the large portions. The Roundhouse Buffet was an average buffet for Laughlin, but the desserts were disappointing. Passagio's Itaiian Restaurant was perfect and very reasonable. The Poolside Café offers coffee, bagels, wonderful pastries and gourmet sandwiches. There was a pool and two spas and were opened from 7am till 10pm. We had a great mini vacation and will return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the adult tower.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SueAB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 7,990 reviews
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Tropicana Laughlin? Share your experiences!