Tropicana Laughlin
US$79
US$62
US$49
  • Pool
Edgewater Hotel & Casino(Laughlin)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$27
US$33
US$22
1,212 results
All reviewstropicana expresspromenade toweradult towerpoolside cafejacuzzi suitecolorado riveroutlet mallplayers cardother hotelsbed was very comfortablehotel casinoslot machinescarnegiesteakhousegamblingbingovegas
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Check in was quick and friendly. The room furniture was very worn out. The mattress was too hard for our aging bodies to get a real good night's sleep. The room was very clean and the shower had good pressure and hot water. Check out was quick, just drop the room keys in a box by the elevator. This was a Saturday night stay in 108 degree Laughlin. The place was packed with people and even with 10 elevators there was a wait to get on them most of the evening. Usually when we have stayed there this was not a problem.
You might wonder why we used the title above. Tropicana promotes their property like crazy.
We get free stay offers almost every month for up to 3 free nights. If it wasn't so hot there and we won money more often, we would probably stay there more often. We are not big gamblers at all and they are still very generous with free room offers.

Room Tip: Sign up for a player's card to receive free room offers.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vegascouple90
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I have been coming to this hotel for years and stayed here at least 8 times. Always had a nice experience. I was just here in June -2014 again. Stayed at the Adult Towers which was terrific. My room overlooked the pool. Nice remodeled rooms and beds you just melt into. I was up gambling most of the night so I was exhausted and the clean comfortable beds were very welcomed. The pool is super clean as well. The pool area gets washed down always, clean towels are provided and the lounge chairs are wonderful. It was about 111 degrees Fahrenheit, and the umbrellas were great to keep me from frying. I had a virgin Margarita by the pool side. The bartender was very sweet and made it super well. I forgot her name but she was very helpful and genuinely nice. Great attitude on such a hot day. The hotel staff greets you as soon as you are at the pool. The HUGE TV by the pool plays great music videos so it is impossible to not have a great time. The water temperature is refreshing and pool and both spas are very clean. I enjoy staying here and will return again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank BeataBallo
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was our 3rd stay at the Tropicana Express. The room was nice. We enjoy the band that covers the Grease soundtrack very much. One morning we decided to have the omelet special at the Carnegies Dining Car. Breakfast was good. Our waitress was about the most RUDE individual I have ever encountered. TALK, TALK, TALK to everyone, including standing 6" from our table to talk to a man about his marriage. We asked for the bill quite a few times only to get brushed off. Waving at her, and saying "We are ready for our bill" got us nowhere. As we continued to sit there long after we had eaten, she just would not acknowledge that we were still there. Finally, she just walked over to our table and tossed the bill onto the table and walked off. Yeah we took our tip with us. She is the 6'5" tall waitress with a blonde braid. When we got over to pay, the gal working the till told us we would have to wait a few minutes as she had to go get somebody else a pop. The motel and pool were great, so if you want a good meal go down to the 76 station. There is a Subway in there. Overall I would stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for high up with a riverview
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mary S
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I've been coming to Laughlin for almost 15 years. This hotel used to be the Ramada Express. It has gone through a lot of ownership changes and has been going through a lot of changes. All of the rooms have been updated. The beds are comfortable. Flat screen TV. If you are in the casino tower, you will have a fridge and kids aren't allowed. All of the curtains in the hotel rooms have been replaced by shutters for decorative purposes. The problem is they let to much light in to sleep. The buffet quality has gone down quite a bit. The carving station had beef brisquet and turkey. Brisquet was good. Turkey was dry. Dinner is $10.99. 10% discount with their players club. Not much good stuff in the buffet. The Riverside and Edgewater had better lunch buffets than here. Rumor has it that Harrah has the best buffet, which I did like. Pool is small but normal size for the casino hotels. Not a single bit of shade in the pool area so hard to go during the hot sun. This casino does have the most convenient covered parking. The cocktail waitresses are the most nicest around. If you are new to laughlin, everything is within walking distance. There is an In-N-out burger next door which is nice.

If you are a player, this place does a lot of room comping. More than any of the other casinos. I can usually get additional days comped for just a few hours of slot play. I do the best at slots here.

Back to the rooms, I was in three rooms. One had broken AC, the next had low flow shower and toilet, the third room was fine. I would stay here again regardless because of the room comps and convenience to the other hotels.

FYI,
Harrah's had a better bed, pool, and beach on the Coloado river. Reasonable Price. Most comfortable room during this stay.
Riverside, Colorado Belle had poker rooms. Harrah has one but extremely poor.
Best value lunch buffet was at Edgewater.
Coloarado Belle had best pillow (No covered parking so hottest in the summer)
Coloarado Belle had the best gym that I saw.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank waterdance
Reviewed 24 June 2014

After reading the reviews I thought I would take a chance on this place. Wrong move!!!!! This hotel is so old and outdated. Our room was falling apart at the seams. The only thing good about it was that it was clean. My suggestion would be to implode the whole place and start over. The location is good but that is about it. The casino was dark and dingy. I am not a snobby person but I would not wish this place on my worst enemy. On a side note I stupidly paid for an upgrade to view the river. We could see it in between buildings if you strained your body. Also the windows are small and high so the view makes no difference.

Room Tip: We stayed in the building furthest away from the casino, not sure if the other one is better but it can't be worse.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends