“U.G.L.Y.!!!!! and RUDE!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Covered Wagon Motel

Covered Wagon Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lovelock
Covered Wagon Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lovelock
Las Vegas, Nevada
“U.G.L.Y.!!!!! and RUDE!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

I made reservations over the phone. The owner assured me someone would be there on my arrival. between 2a-3a, which I paid $20 extra for. I asked that I have a microwave & refrigerator. I arrived @2:30a. I had to wait for someone to meet me who arrived 1:45 mins later. When I started to fill out the paper work, he charged me almost $90, that's $30 more than I was quoted. I didn't know the area so I took it. When I got into my room, it smelt BAD!! Moldy, musky, Just Bad!! There was no refrigerator & when I asked the male receptionist for it, he said I had to pay $45 more per night. The only good thing about this motel was that it was right next to the grocery store & court house. Otherwise, this is one place I would say... STAY AWAY!!!

Room Tip: Sturgeons is just down the road, cheaper, cleaner, & has slot machines & a restaurant.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Maile74

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pontiac, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

This place should be shut down. The management is terrible, the rooms smell so bad it made us sick. There is no hot water. It made our skin crawl. I have never seen such a filthy place in my life and they actually charge for these rooms!! Someone really needs to call the health department on them and shut them down. I hope someone will see this post and not make the same mistake we made by staying there.

Room Tip: Rooms at a different motel are much better
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank djsorceress
fallon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

bad smell not clean water damage on floor carpet smell like chemicals

Room Tip: don't stay there
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

Put my family up here when I was moving. I was horrified. The non smoking room was "okay" but VERY expensive - should charge at Motel 6 rates. The smoking room was dirty, smelly and sleeping on the floor of my house would have been better!!! Yuck!!! And I'm not very picky. You needed a hot shower after staying there, or even visiting and believe me NOT a shower in that room!!!

Room Tip: Try another hotel!!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Joyce T
Murray, UT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

The hotel was seedy. The carpet and tiles were dirty and had cigarette burns. The sheets were stained and I don't think the coverlet had been washed. The mattress sagged in the middle and the pillows were flat. The room smelled musty. I was too disgusted to take a shower. I paid $72 and wished I would have just slept in my car.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mo3P
golden, co
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

we arrived late and went to this motel after seeing the billboard on the side of the highway. the proprieter said there was only one room left though it was clear most of them were available, and charged us 50% more, as it turns out, than the going rate in town for a room. THe room looked and smelled awful, the carpet was stained in multiple places, the bathroom was dirty, the air conditioner was loud, and the television looked like it was about to fall on us. The sturgeon's hotel half a mile east is far nicer and far cheaper. but we were too tired to go elsewhere, and so another win for the proprieter.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Carlsbad, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

Told them a week in advance that my wife has MS and needed a room that was clean,when we checked in the room was not even cleaned dirty sheets,floor,bathroom,air cond. T.V. Ref was dirty not to speek of the toilet but you would not want to sit on it.If you like springs in your back then this is the place. I did give them time to clean it up but when I came back after 3 hrs still not done,told them that my wife could not stay here the Managers wife said you do not get your money back and give me the key ! Well she has the key and I have my wifes health, We stayed at the Sturgeons Hotel WAS GRATE will be going back there. SO STAY AWAY FROM THE COVERED WAGON FLEE MOTEL

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family