Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Katleskin
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom

Modern luxury in a historical setting

Review of Rossington Hall
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Sept 2020
This was my 3rd visit to Rossington Hall since it opened but the 1st time I'd had the pleasure of staying over. I was absolutely blown away, by the food, the room and the service.

The setting is stunning. Although the drive up is a bit confusing, once you pull round into the car park, the Hall stands majestically in its own rolling grounds. A really impressive building that only gets more so upon entering. I can totally see why this venue is so popular for weddings - it really has the wow factor. I believe that this is the go-to hotel for any celebrities who visit the area too.

After being warmly welcomed (Debbie and Lucy were so friendly and helpful), I was shown to my room - a very spacious double aspect corner bedroom with a huge bed and a beautifully appointed bathroom. I was delighted to find that literally every overnight stay bit I could need was at my disposal. From robe and slippers to bottled of water, biscuits and even OJ and cranberry juice. The bed was SO comfortable, ditto the pillows (which I checked for the brand so I could by some for myself!). I slept so well, even the resident peacocks didn't disturb me, despite them being sat on the flat roof outside when I opened the curtains in the morning. Great shower and a very alluring looking bath that I would definitely have had a nice soak in if I'd been staying longer. Lots of little touches that really made for a pleasant and stress free stay. The room was spotless and I felt very 'Covid secure'.

The meal was the tasting menu which is one of my favourite ways to dine. We had a private dining room which gave us peace of mind in terms of social distancing as well as an opportunity to feel more 'at home'. Again, the room was sumptuously decorated and had a lovely view on to the walled garden. The food was excellent - well cooked, presented and constructed. I particularly enjoyed the salmon with caviar, lemon curd ice cream and the stilton fondue (a gourmet twist on a 70s classic!). I don't usually add the wine selections to tasting menus but I am so glad this was an option. Every glass was perfectly pitched, enhancing and complementing each course, well worth the extra, and a measure of the skill and knowledge of the staff. If anything, my only complaint would be that the portions were too big for a tasting menu, I was stuffed!

I definitely feel that the Hall has started to find its feet in recent years, the rolling program of renovation has revealed more and more of the building's character and potential. Overall it feels 'traditional' but not 'outdated'. Sympathetically restored and decorated to bring attention to the history of the venue (if you like suits of armour, grand staircases and slightly spooky old portraits this is the place for you) but with many of the modern facilities you could want.

A really lovely meal and stay. I will definitely be returning in the (hopefully) not too distant future to see what further developments have been made to this special venue.
Date of stay: September 2020
    £63
  • Priceline
5.4 miles from Rossington Hall
View more hotels in Rossington
All reviews drawing room afternoon tea taster menu former glory absolutely amazing place faded grandeur roaring log fire little extra touches sticky toffee pudding a private dining room my daughter and son in law the blue room wedding venue run smoothly walled garden breakfast hamper braised beef
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2020

I Booked a few rooms for a private party, it was lovely from start to finish, everything was done on time, staff was fantastic especially Brian & Jude, they made the stay extremely nice, such friendly people,

Felt safe dining and drinking with all staff wearing face shields... it’s crazy times but it’s nice to see everyone taking it serious at rossington Hall.

Thanks again Brian & Jude

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2020

We recently stayed at Rossington hall for one evening to celebrate my birthday and we had a great time.
The rooms are exceptional, full of character and sympathetically decorated. The building is great and keeping it's Victorian ambience makes it so much more interesting than a typical chain hotel.
The food was delicious (very rich, but beautifully cooked and presented), and breakfast was really yummy too.
Communication regarding the booking was smooth, efficient and trouble free.
During these strange times of Coronavirus, things could have been akward and uncomfortable, but it really wasn't, Brian looked after us with such care and attention in the evening that we felt relaxed and totally at home. Nothing was too much trouble. Also the lady who served us breakfast was lovely and really looked after us.
The grounds are really nice to stroll around, I think maybe due to coronavirus they may have been neglected a bit, but they are still lovely. The potential is there for them to be absolutely stunning. Unfortunately it seems that some individuals who come and use the grounds leave their litter, but this was limited and is no fault of Rossington hall.
The peacocks were nice to observe walking around the grounds.
All in all we had a really great time and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to friends and family.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ja9Ci
Reviewed 2 August 2020 via mobile

What a nice place to relax, had the best nights sleep. Bryan looked after us, what a true gentleman. We had 3 course meal and picked room service as we wanted to chill and not getting ready. Bryan made sure starter and main came at separate times food is hot and quality is the best, bare in mind we was on a second floor, he made our table all nice with a candle so we have an romantic evening. 100% recommend thank you

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 805lukasp
Reviewed 15 July 2020

Booked through a lovely lady called Lucy. Very helpful and polite. Dealt with my request straight away. Wanting a table for lunch which has disabled access. Nothing was a problem. All our meals have been exceptional and to have our meal in beautiful surroundings was the icing on the cake. Will definitely be going again.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann B
Reviewed 24 June 2020

Stayed here, payed quite a bit for the suite and had my earholes assaulted pretty much all night by a party in the hallway that wouldn't go away and a poorly positioned piano which had someone tickling it's ivories terribly with the staff seeming to do absolutely nothing about it

Date of stay: August 2019