Hotels.com
Clair N

Rossington Hall night away

Review of Rossington Hall
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 May 2021
We had a night stay away to celebrate our engagement November last year and a little trial as our wedding is booked for Rossington Hall in 2023. From start to finish our stay was perfect! Excellent staff, welcoming, friendly and just can not do enough to help you. Our room was lovely with lots of little extra touches. The food was very well presented and again could not fault a thing! To complete our evening we enjoyed one of the 3 new private hot tubs with butler service and again lots of added extras; picnic baskets with towels, robes and slippers, blue tooth for own music choice. We 100% love this beautiful building and everything about it, we can not wait to have our wedding here.
Love it. X
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
  • Trip.com
2.4 miles from Rossington Hall
    £37
5.1 miles from Rossington Hall
View more hotels in Rossington
All reviews drawing room afternoon tea taster menu former glory absolutely amazing place faded grandeur roaring log fire little extra touches sticky toffee pudding a private dining room my daughter and son in law the blue room wedding venue run smoothly walled garden breakfast hamper braised beef
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2021

A hidden gem! Looking for somewhere to go for husbands big birthday along with friends, we found this place on the internet (we are from Lincolnshire) so booked an overnight stay & tasting menu! We were not disappointed! Driving up the driveway shared with the racing college we wondered where on earth we had booked but what a great place. A former stately home being restored to glory, definitely a work in progress in places, but the food, the ambience & the staff more than made up for anything else. Wow! Gary, Lucy & the rest of the team work so hard to make us welcome & accommodate our every wish. The rooms were spacious & quirky, and the bed so comfy. The food was both amazing & plentiful. The setting was lovely, the tour round opened our eyes as to how the place will be. But it was the hospitality & their knowledge of food & wine that really blew us away. They really know how to host. Can't wait to go back again very soon & take friends & family to share our find!

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 2 November 2020

This hotel is quite unique. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was excellent with good amenities. Though a usb charging point was lacking. The breakfast was very good. Overall good value and will use again.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank DaveA1966
Reviewed 25 October 2020

When we arrived we asked for the Lift, I am disabled, they, didn't have one, it was a "listed building" we have stayed in listed building hotels many times and they all had lifts.

Next we were told we couldn't have the room we reserved, but another, which was an extra £9.

I had ordered, in advance a "Stake Tartar" at a extra cost of £20. this, for my evening meal. While we were having coffee, in the Conservatory the waiter told us the chef couldn't make a stake tartar,no reason given.

At breakfast, I ordered Eggs Benedict, the sauce was curdled, at that point, I was about to depart to the
5* Mount Pleasant Hotel, its only a few yards away.

One good point I will make, the staff were very helpful and polite, particularly the "young" Manager, he was also very good at mixing a "Blodymary".

Eric Lord Grigor

Reviewed 21 September 2020

We had a great room and a terrific meal - the tasting menu was excellent but you do need to be very hungry to do the fabulous cooking justice. Wine is also reasonably priced. Staff were very welcoming and communicative adding to the ambience of this grand house by being very happy to tell you about the history of the building and the plans for future developments.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 14 September 2020

This was my 3rd visit to Rossington Hall since it opened but the 1st time I'd had the pleasure of staying over. I was absolutely blown away, by the food, the room and the service.

The setting is stunning. Although the drive up is a bit confusing, once you pull round into the car park, the Hall stands majestically in its own rolling grounds. A really impressive building that only gets more so upon entering. I can totally see why this venue is so popular for weddings - it really has the wow factor. I believe that this is the go-to hotel for any celebrities who visit the area too.

After being warmly welcomed (Debbie and Lucy were so friendly and helpful), I was shown to my room - a very spacious double aspect corner bedroom with a huge bed and a beautifully appointed bathroom. I was delighted to find that literally every overnight stay bit I could need was at my disposal. From robe and slippers to bottled of water, biscuits and even OJ and cranberry juice. The bed was SO comfortable, ditto the pillows (which I checked for the brand so I could by some for myself!). I slept so well, even the resident peacocks didn't disturb me, despite them being sat on the flat roof outside when I opened the curtains in the morning. Great shower and a very alluring looking bath that I would definitely have had a nice soak in if I'd been staying longer. Lots of little touches that really made for a pleasant and stress free stay. The room was spotless and I felt very 'Covid secure'.

The meal was the tasting menu which is one of my favourite ways to dine. We had a private dining room which gave us peace of mind in terms of social distancing as well as an opportunity to feel more 'at home'. Again, the room was sumptuously decorated and had a lovely view on to the walled garden. The food was excellent - well cooked, presented and constructed. I particularly enjoyed the salmon with caviar, lemon curd ice cream and the stilton fondue (a gourmet twist on a 70s classic!). I don't usually add the wine selections to tasting menus but I am so glad this was an option. Every glass was perfectly pitched, enhancing and complementing each course, well worth the extra, and a measure of the skill and knowledge of the staff. If anything, my only complaint would be that the portions were too big for a tasting menu, I was stuffed!

I definitely feel that the Hall has started to find its feet in recent years, the rolling program of renovation has revealed more and more of the building's character and potential. Overall it feels 'traditional' but not 'outdated'. Sympathetically restored and decorated to bring attention to the history of the venue (if you like suits of armour, grand staircases and slightly spooky old portraits this is the place for you) but with many of the modern facilities you could want.

A really lovely meal and stay. I will definitely be returning in the (hopefully) not too distant future to see what further developments have been made to this special venue.

Date of stay: September 2020