Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Zoe

Excellent service and afternoon tea

Review of Rossington Hall
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks ago
Debbie and Thomas were exceptional hosts for my family hen party. Debbie went above and beyond and surprised us with an upgrade to one of their private rooms which was beautifully decorated.
The afternoon tea made by Thomas was delicious. They both couldn’t have been anymore accommodating and attentive. Thank you for your great service and giving us all a wonderful afternoon, we really appreciate it.
Date of stay: April 2024
  • Booking.com
    £103
1.9 miles from Rossington Hall
View more hotels in Rossington
All reviews drawing room afternoon tea taster menu former glory absolutely amazing place faded grandeur roaring log fire little extra touches sticky toffee pudding a private dining room my daughter and son in law the blue room wedding venue run smoothly walled garden breakfast hamper braised beef
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 March 2024 via mobile

Well done to the owner for rescuing and renovating this wonderful old building to such a high standard! The decor was sumptuous and tasteful with wonderfully luxurious wallpapers and fabrics. We especially appreciated the warm temperature throughout and the welcoming wood burning fires, which were lit morning and night. Debbie looked after us very well and we had a lovely stay with our friends. If ever we're back in Doncaster we'll definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2024

AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS.
PLEASE READ ALL MY REVIEW.
Dirty bath with lots of pubic hairs. Freezing cold room and DAMP bedding. Half of bulbs in bathroom not working. Extraction in bathroom not working. Taps loose on sink. Water not hot in shower. Big gap in window letting in the cold.
There was a lovely log fire but this filled the place with smoke that along with the damp bedroom made us both feel unwell.
By the time all of these problems had come to light it was our pre booked dinner time and too late to sort out. By this time we were so miserable we told the young man on reception that we had had enough and just wanted to leave. All we got is you can’t leave you can move to another room. We couldn’t stay any longer as we now felt so unwell. Finally he telephoned the manager, Lucy Bachelor, who was not on sight. She is the most condescending and vile person you could ever wish to speak to. She wasn’t bothered at all and only wanted to offer another room to fulfill her booking.com obligation to get her money. She speaks to you like you are sh#t on her shoe.
After nearly an hour in reception we decided to just get our bags and leave.
We have emailed the hotel (as requested) and booking.com and neither have attempted to offer any explanation, help or even partial refund.
Looking at other poor reviews I see that Lucy seems to always retort back belittling her customers always making out that she is in the right. I think she deliberately tries to wind people up so that if they get agitated she can use this as an argument in her favour.
Whilst we were at reception the chef appeared and was somewhat intimidating towards both of us…..but at least we got to see the chef and both thought to ourselves thank goodness we are now not eating here……he looked so scruffy just in shorts and with a dirty towel thrown over his shoulder.
SO THIS IS MY GENUINE AND DEFINITELY TRUE REVIEW OF OUR EXPERIENCE AT ROSSINGTON HALL……DON’T RISK HAVING YOUR WEDDING HERE BECAUSE THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU
This place needs new management. When we stayed they were extremely quiet (possibly a reflection on word getting out as to what it can be like at the hotel) but this would of given them time to easily sort their unhappy customers out.
On our departure we noticed a hotel called Mount Pleasant just half mile away…..it’s a million times better.
NO DOUBT THERE WILL BE A REPLY TO MY REVIEW MAKING OUT THAT THE ABOVE DIDNT HAPPEN AND THEY WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO HELP US OR AS IVE SEEN IN PREVIOUS REVIEWS THEY WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE CUSTOMERS LIKE YOU…….well when I have more time I will leave further reviews on different sites and forums so I can warn as many people as possible……perhaps I wouldn’t have felt so agrieved if I hadn’t wasted £225
This is not a fake review!!!
We booked a particular room we had seen on line and wanted that room so to be offered a different room at around 8p.m. when we hadn’t even had dinner was just so wrong……..you shouldn’t be forced to pay for something that isn’t fit for purpose.
Very upsetting experience!!!
Just avoid as it’s not worth all the upset.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2024

Well, we have just returned from another fantastic stay at Rossington Hall.

When I was contemplating where to go for my 50th birthday, there was only one venue that I wanted my celebration to be held.

After making enquiries with Lucy in June last year, it became apparent that they were more than happy to work with me to host a most fantastic event (and at this point I want to thank Lucy for her patience with the number of e-mails I sent (I am a bit of an organisation freak)).

Lucy and Gary collaborated with me to create a package that included a champagne and canape reception, six course evening meal (to include a sorbet and cheese course) and full English breakfast the next morning.

At all times I was kept informed of the progress of things, and when I needed to get information (such as menu choices) to them.

On the day, my wife and I arrived early to put out placenames, individual menu scrolls and pay for the event. The dining room (where we have spent many a Christmas in Residence) was set up beautifully and needed no further adornment. Debbie went through the sequence of events with me to make sure I was happy with the timings.

Our guests began to check in and settle themselves in their rooms. In the meantime, Debbie and Thomas began to set the top of the antique piano up for the champagne and canapé reception. I had opted for 6 bottles of champagne to accompany Rogan Josh Cottage Pies, Mini Fish and Chip cones and Onion Bhaji’s. At 3pm, the champagne was opened and the next hour and a half my guests mingled between the drawing room and the hallway. Gary, the owner and head chef, had devised a cocktail especially for me and Thomas make them up expertly.

After retiring to our rooms to ready ourselves for the evening meal, we gathered at the foot of the Grand Staircase. At 6.30, we were shown through to the dining room where we were seated and spent the next few hours eating a delicious meal. Gary had remembered from our very first trip to Rossington, just as Covid restrictions were being eased, how much we enjoyed the mushroom velouté, so it was a fantastic surprise when he served this up as a complimentary amuse bouche for us (these small touches are the things you just do not get at many places). As usual, the food was delicious. For the cheese course, instead of the cheese coming out on individual plates, two huge marble platters were brought to the table with large blocks of a fantastic selection of cheese for people to help themselves to. I have never seen so much choice of cheese and such a well-balanced selection (speaking to Gary the next morning, it was obvious that he had done a lot of research into different international cheeses and had managed to source them for us). I was touched that Debbie had swapped some of her shifts during the week just so that she could see us settled into our evening meal. We were really looked after by Jayne, Debbie and Thomas.

After going to bed contented with what we had eaten, we awoke the next morning to a hearty breakfast of toast and jam, fruit compote and yoghurt, cereal, home made granola and a buffet full English breakfast served to us with white glove service by Debbie. I was given a birthday card signed by the team, which was again, a lovely thought. It was great to meet Tudor for the first time, I am sure, an excellent addition to the team. After the breakfast service was finished, Gary came out and made sure that he personally spoke to all of my guests (when he had only just finished the breakfast service and was surely busy with Sunday lunch prep)

I am not going to go on – you can see from my other posts on Rossington Hall the level of service you will get should you visit. I could not have faulted Rossington Hall for anything they did, either for the event or in the months leading up to it. At all times, everyone was professional and accommodating and went out of their way to make sure that my special occasion went off without any issues. It was certainly a memorable way to spend my birthday.

Oh, by the way, 10 of us from the 16 who were at my birthday have already booked Christmas in Residence for 2024. That means we have 5 rooms (or 25% of the hotel) booked. If you want to spend Christmas in Victorian decadence this year, book soon to avoid disappointment.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank J3558ZSmarkc
Reviewed 5 February 2024

Another fabulous stay. Jayne, Debbie and Thomas were all so lovely and couldn't do enough for us, they really are a credit to this hotel. The food was top notch too!

We always feel at home here and we absolutely love staying here and we cannot wait to return very soon.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2024

Honestly can not fault this place. Everyone goes out of their way to make guests feel welcome.
The building itself is stunning. Rooms are wonderful and luxurious and have all necessary amenities.
We had a meal as part of a large group. All the food was absolutely delicious.

• Trip type: Travelled with family