All reviewsmason streetgarden roomeureka casinoseparate buildingparking lotgolf tripwolf creekplace to staypool areafront desk staffplay golfrooms are largenice roombed was very comfortablelas vegasroad tripcoffee shop
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This weekend, I stayed at Eureka Casino Resort in Mesquite, NV. Here's my review...

ROOMS - We stayed in a Double Eagle Suite, which was awesome. It was recently remodeled and had 2 separate rooms with a queen bed in each. It also had a flat screen television in the sitting room and in both bedrooms. Also, the beds were phenomenal and some of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in.

CLEANLINESS - Eureka Casino Resort was easily the nicest and cleanest resort I have stayed at in Mesquite. From the hotel lobby to our rooms, everything was clean and updated.

LOCATION - Good location and in close proximity to both golf courses we played at (Falcon Ridge and Wold Creek).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We had made arrangements to stay a few nights in Mesquite after staying 4 nights in Las Vegas. The Eureka Hotel is approximately an hour away from the strip, but it feels a world away. We loved that the casino was not attached to the hotel, and even though it was only a few steps away it did not feel as though it was the focus of the trip. The town of Mesquite is beautiful and I was able to go golfing, eat at some nice restaurants and even visit other casinos for their entertainment offerings. The hotel is close to the highway, but not so as you hear traffic. It was perfectly situated to provide an easy drive out to the desert to witness the Valley of Fire, Zion National Park, Lake Mead and the Grand Canyon.
The hotel staff was friendly and accomodating. The room we had was spacious and clean, and the shower in our room was possibly the best I have ever had in terms of water pressure.
The casino was not huge in relation to those in Las Vegas, but offered plenty of variety in the way of table games and slot machines.
The buffet at the casino was a welcome change from the prices on the Vegas strip, and a meal at Gregory's, the steak house, was well worth it.

Room Tip: We were there on our honeymoon and ordered the 'romance package'. Service and upgrades were exceptional.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lilfish5626
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I love the rooms at the new Eureka tower. We stayed there because we had free passes and gave our visiting relatives passes for the more expensive 'resort' in town. We scored! There's a full-on gym a the second level, complete with flat screen televisions, in front of the elevators. You are offered a full hot breakfast and there's Keurig coffees and maker in the room, which was new, clean and fresh. We had a white feather'esque comforter on our bed. I was stunned out of my mind...not at all what we expected for a moderate casino room. The hotel is much nicer than the casino would lead you to expect. Going back again....

Room Tip: Adequate pool, lots of beer going on when I was there though...this is a more adult environment. There are some rooms have sliding doors that lead to the pool area with private/own cabanas. If I were having a party night out, like a bachelorette, I'd get one of those rooms! Plenty of other public-use cabanas around the pool, so save the $$ and get an upstairs room instead. Good breakfast. Gift shop is in the casino, so be organized and bring your drinks/food in with you, evenings. I'm not sure if room service is even available.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The Eureka Resort exceeded my expectations...BY A LOT.

Planning a drive from San Diego to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, and having to leave after Noon due to a meeting, I decided to stop in Mesquite rather than drive the narrow, dark, mountain roads late at night. I read all the tripadvisor reviews, and decided this sounded the best of all the options - balancing quality with price, so I booked it and took my chances.

I'm always blown away by some of the very negative, 1-star reviews. I always wonder how anyone could be that negative...yet, that's where I start, and if it seems the negatives are too great, I move on. In this case, I had some concerns, but as I said, this seemed to be the best of all the Mesquite properties.

Well, it far exceeded the positives, and now I imagine that those writing the negatives must be incredibly sad, lonely people, hoping someone will listen if they speak up about the perceived slights of the evil people trying to ruin their travels!

The property looked fresh and well maintained, the room was very clean, comfortable, and quite stylish, considering this was Mesquite, not Vegas. The service was outstanding - not that I needed a lot of service for a quick overnight of sleep, but the people were all friendly and accommodating. There was fresh-brewed Starbucks coffee in the lobby in the morning. All this for a price half what you would pay in Vegas (no resort fees here, and it really is a resort).

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. I didn't look for dirt under beds or a single strand of a previous guest's hair, or try to read into a comment by a staff member, in hopes of knocking them down a star or two. I just looked at what I got for what I paid and thought "pretty darn good for the price...and the location at the far reaches of Nevada.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Mesquite, the land of golf courses....who would have known? My guess everyone but us! Didn't want the hassle of driving through Las Vegas so booked a night here on return trip from Zion. Hotel had ample parking and received a good rate for a nice, clean room and kudos for having the hotel separate from casino!

As late arrivals into town, discovered the buffet closed promptly at 8pm and missed it by just minutes so settled for a meal at the Mason Street Courtyard instead. With San Francisco roots, the Chinese food was decent, but the prime rib looked even better.

They had a few low-bid BJ tables and can't say enough about the friendly table and dealer. A bit of luck, maybe, but a fun time!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends