“Inconsistent food and service; Cheap beer”
Review of Playoffs Sports Pub - CLOSED

Playoffs Sports Pub
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I had breakfast here twice and dinner once. The first breakfast was really very good - great service, fresh, nicely cooked food - I was impressed. The second breakfast the service was still very good, but the food was not nearly as good. Because of the reviews here, we tried Playoffs for dinner - for the ribs in particular. What we failed to realize is the best ribs in Mesquite can only be so good and these weren't. Yes, they were tender and the meat came right off the bone, but the sauce was too sweet - I am sure it came out of a large container w/no attempt to make it more palatable. The chicken breast dinner was not - it was some kind of chicken strips, once again, coated w/some kind of large can sauce. I tried the homemade soup, which was homemade, but really mushy. The salad had brown pieces in it. The service was the worst I've had in a very long time. Our waitress did not know what beers were on tap, what wines were available by the glass or what the soup of the day was. When she brought one of the beers ordered, she sort of plopped it down in front of the only person who hadn't ordered a beer. The restaurant wasn't busy - she wasn't in a hurry - just sloppy. When she brought the next, it was evident that she really didn't know one beer from another - it wasn't what had been ordered. One of my dinner companions said she saw a sign saying that the restaurant is under new management - so that may be part of the problem. The manager I saw was drinking a beer behind the bar, paying no attention to the customers, though I did see him wander into the kitchen briefly. I wish he had taken a little time to make sure the waitress understood the job. I'd stay away except that perhaps the pizza and nachos are good enough? and if you want a cheap beer, the happy is hour is a good deal.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stopped in after visiting the Valley Of Fire and on our way to Zion. One of the better reviews of restaurants in this town with pretty easy on/off highway access Good parking.

Quick friendly service, decent food and reasonable prices. It was an in-and-out quick lunch which all 7 of us enjoyed.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Wasn't busy or crowded. Seems like a regulars only club.. The waitress was friendly. Went during football season so of course we had to go somewhere where away from casinos where the games were on. Food was good.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We make it a point to stop by playoffs every time we have a golf outing in Mesquite. The food is always good. They didn't get a top ranking for this visit because the staff spent a great portion of the time we were there dragging tables and chairs across the tile floors filling the restaurant with a horrible noise. Suggestion, lift the tables and chairs off the floor to move them when you have customers.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

This pub was great! We didn't want fast food and didn't want a buffet(they are awful 99% of the time anyway). The atmosphere was really laid bad and the owner himself seated us. The food selection was superb! We were in the mood for pizza for the whole family(it's great for kids too) and beer after a long drive. The pizza was good and the beer hit the spot.

If we hadn't just been passing through, we would've tried the ribs, burgers, or many other things they had on the menu. The waitresses who served us(as well as the owner) were very friendly and accommodating. We'll be eating there again; no doubt.