“Definitely Recommend” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Mesquite
Newport Beach, California
“Definitely Recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have stayed in two different Best Westerns in 2014 and highly recommend them both on many different levels. One was the Best Western Route 66 Inn in Glendora, California and the other was Best Western Mesquite Inn, Mesquite, Nevada.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bestwesternmesquite, General Manager at Best Western Mesquite Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear guest ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review .
It means so much to myself and my staff and we use these reviews as a learning tool
to achieve quality customer satisfaction.
We are looking forward to seeing you in the future!
Warmest Regards!

Misty Buchalter
BEST WESTERN Mesquite Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night- from midnight to 7am. Room was clean & comfy. Parking right at the room door. Really nice and friendly staff. Breakfast was good with nice options including biscuits and gravy, pancakes, sausage, eggs, cereal, etc. Reasonable room rate.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Jennifer M,
I am so pleased to hear about your recent stay with us!
It put a smile on my face to hear how much you enjoyed our expanded Complimentary Breakfast (Hot, Eggs, Sausage, Pancakes ect.) I am so glad that you had a fabulous experience with our exceptional staff and you appreciated their Professionalism & friendliness.
Looking forward to having you as our guest on your next travels through Mesquite !
Best Regards!!

General Manger
California Desert, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

As is typical, I decided to get a head start on my 12 hour drive homeward by leaving Utah [after 3 weeks] by beginning the journey home the night before.
Around 2 a.m., I began to see large alluring billboards announcing $27 dollar hotel rooms at the VIRGIN RIVER HOTEL AND CASINO.
By 3 a.m., with my "head growing heavy and my sight growing dim", I pulled into Mesquite, Nevada right in the perfect parking spot, just yards in front of the entrance which promised to take me to hotel registration.
I entered the establishment and felt as though I had immediately descended into the lower realms of Dante's Hell.
Flashing lights.
Ringing and Dinging.
Cigarette Smoke.
Zombie like patrons.
Zombie like cashiers.
At 3 a.m.!!!
I wanted to run, but it was as though I had been caught in a force, as sung about in the Eagle's HOTEL CALIFORNIA. I mean, come on, it was really on-the-nose---"on a dark desert highway" and everything!
In I went and spent a few miserable smoke infused minutes locked in the ropes and posts, designed to lead potential customers to the place where " you can check-out anytime you like, but you can never leave".
I bore it all at the end of a long vacation in the depth of the night because, I mean...$27!!!
Finally, it was my turn at the counter, which I tried not to touch.
Immediately, I began my rehearsed slurred sleepy-head speech about the deal I had seen on the billboardS.
And just as quickly as I got my words out the woman, sans the lovely face, began to explain that THAT rate was for Monday through Thursday, and...well...it was Saturday.
It was not a "nice surprise".
Exhausted, and now equally disappointed, wondering how small the print had to be for me to have missed that information on ALL those billboards, mile after mile, I decided to accept the grossly doubled rate.
I asked for a non-smoking room...please.
The hostess took out a heavily used map of the premises and showed me the building where the non-smokers went...it was the SAME building reserved for patrons...with Pets.
Something in my head went...click.
And I pondered: Shall I get a shabby room and have myself and my belongings permeated by a stranger's putrid smoke? Or would I rather get a shabby room and risk having the dander, dried saliva flakes, and hairs of the PETS of strangers' animals stick to myself and my belongings [ as I was able to observe that cleanliness was not necessarily the greatest concern of this establishment, and I thought this was a definite possibility].
And it hit me...this is what HELL is...lured in darkness with promises that amounted to nothing but disappointment and shattered dreams...literally.
I left...no explanation.
Into the night I drove [ around Mesquite]. My cellphone was no help guiding my short desperate journey to find a place to lay my sleepy head.
And then, there is was.
Humble.
Quiet.
Unassuming.
The BEST WESTERN!
I walked into the lobby.
It smelled like LAVENDER!
LAVENDER!
There was no line, no guiding ropes or posts to herd customers.
And there was an actual gentleman at the counter.
When I was given the price of the room, it was more expensive than the REAL price of the other hotel...but I did not care.
THIS place, I realized, was in the HOTEL BUSINESS, not a CASINO with a hotel business on the side, and a scandalous one, at that.
Was I dreaming, or was it the FASTEST check-in EVER?
When I made it to the 2nd floor room, more delights awaited me.
A CLEAN temporary shelter.
More pleasant smells.
A well appointed comfortable bed.
And proof that heaven exists---the strip of paper across the toilet which proved the sanitation crew and recently visited.
I rejoiced!
Within minutes I was asleep.
But, it was not over.
The next morning, my check-out was so fast, I thought I had missed something.
I had not.
You see.
In heaven, time moves much more quickly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank bre_cregor
bestwesternmesquite, General Manager at Best Western Mesquite Inn, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear bre_cregor,
I must say that when I viewed your review I was absoluely DELIGHTED! In all my 22 years in the Hotel Management , You are the only person who wrote a full page and one that was so well written. It was such a joy to read your story and experiences and it made my day,
"No, MY YEAR!"
I was so impressed by your letter that I actually forwarded it to the CEO of BEST WESTERN , Mr David Kong & our Owners of our property.
I really appreciate you taking the time to post your story, so impressed that I have made a copy of your letter and I am having it framed it for my office.
You are an amazing guest and we welcome you with open arms anytime you are in Mesquite.
Thank you so very much for making my day , as well as my staffs.
It's guest's like you that make our job in the Hospitality Industry a TRUE JOY!
"We all enjoyed hearing from you!"

Platteville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

The stay was acceptable. I thought the lady checking us in was very short with me. She wasn't rude, but checked me in quickly. Later we went to the pool and all the other families had received a Best Western beach ball and I did not...The air conditioning unit didn't seem to be adequate for the size of the room and the 100+ degree weather while we stayed. Best Western is a pet-friendly motel yet there was not suitable place to walk our dog nearby. Staff seemed to work very hard to keep the breakfast area well stocked and cleaned. We were traveling with our children and needed a crib, so I called front desk to ask for one and they make you come get it. We got it and I thought they would send sheets with it, but they didn't...for the price of the night I figured that wasn't a huge deal. It is right off the highway and easily accessible. The rooms have a fridge and microwave so that was nice. I requested a first floor room by the pool and they were able to accommodate. Pool area was open and seemed clean. It felt like they were pretty family friendly. Overall, good value.

Dear Tiriel B,

Thank you for your review of our Property. We use these reviews as a teaching tool for all
our staff members and try to learn more about our weakness and strengths , so that we can
work on those areas in improvement.
We strive for excellence daily and take your comments seriously.
We look forward to be your choice of stay in future travels through Mesquite.

Lemon Grove
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

The Manager of this hotel is very friendly and she takes pride in her staff and property. The kids enjoyed the pool and free beach balls...breakfast was good as well....location very convenient to get on freeway and continue road trip.

Dear Eulaila G,

I want to express to you , "Just How Thankful I am for all your kind words."
Also for taking notice at just how hard we strive towards excellence in our daily
responsibilities and that your experience was Extraordinary.
It takes special people like you that take time to write and tell us your experiences and I am so delighted to hear from you!

"Have a wonderful Weekend and we happily Welcome you back on your future stays!"

Best Regards,
Redmond, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Fairly good service at front desk. Good breakfast. Nice clean, pet-friendly room with access to park nearby to walk dogs. Nice little diner type place next door. Clean pool area. Overall very pleased with the stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear exploregonian,
I am so happy to hear from you and that your stay met all your expectations.
I am glad that you had a wonderful time at the Hotel, Mesquite & area facilities.
We want to express our ,"Thanks to you for taking the time to post your comments."
Guests like YOU make our job enjoyable.
Have a wonderful day !
Looking forward to having you as our guest next time through Mesquite.

Best Regards!
Elk Horn, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Nice place for the price and good amenities breakfast was good they have a machine that makes pancakes kids loved it beds were nice and they had a decent sized flat screen in the room attendants were friendly and helpfull

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Audiogod,
"A BIG THANK YOU!"
I am so happy and delighted to hear just how much you LOVED the breakfast and OUR FABULOUS PANCAKE MACHINE! Kids LOVE it so much and they enjoy the Independence of making their own. We would Love to have you as our guest next time you travel through Mesquite , Think of us ," BEST WESTERN!"

Have a Wonderful Weekend!