“Great rooms; needs more valet carts”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Mesquite
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed three nights here. The rooms were large and clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Pool area and exercise room was nice. Needs one thing: more valet carts. There are only two in the entire large hotel, and I learned people hide them in their rooms overnight. Very frustrating! Had to make several trips using a rolling chair! Added a lot of to my "planned" early departure. Maybe carts should be behind the desk and checked out for a short time? Great place, but I'd stay someplace else before going through that again!

• Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed as part of a road trip vacation. Stopped here with family members who like Holiday Inns. Initially planned to stay one night, but it was so nice here that we decided to stay an extra day and rest up. Good breakfast, good coffee, nice pool. Very nice and helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LHelker
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I have had o.k. experiences and bad experiences in Holiday Inns. At one point, I said, "Never again", but my husband booked a golf package for us in Mesquite that included staying in the Holiday Inn Express. I was pleasantly surprised by everything. Either the hotel is fairly new or it has been recently renovated, so the accommodations were good. We had a balcony with a tremendous view, a kitchenette area and a living area. The bed was good. We loved using the outdoor pool/spa after a round of golf and relaxing in the courtyard. I used the business area to take care of some work and the front staff could not have been more helpful. The clerk graciously e-mailed a letter with an attachment that I could not do from my IPAD. Breakfast was good, only missing the usual waffle maker that so many hotels provide. They did have a pancake cooker, but we found those very tough. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view and an upgrade to a suite if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We recently stayed at this location for an overnight trip and what a nice surprise! This hotel is conveniently located off of the I-15 in Mesquite, NV and is situated atop of a hill or a mesa. There is an excellent view of the neighboring Virgin River/Gold Butte valley and surrounding mountain ranges, so we suggest you request a room facing toward the highway in order to take advantage of this bonus scenery. The property is clean, well maintained, has plenty of parking, and is in a safe/friendly small town.
We rented a king suite which was also pet friendly with a reasonable twenty dollar pet deposit. Despite it being pet friendly, the room was clean, in good repair, and odor free. The room was spacious, had two flat screen TVs, a sitting area with couch, and an enclosed porch to sit on and enjoy the sunset and your morning coffee with your pets. The continental style breakfast was decent and had an adequate selection of breakfast items. Not bad for being included with your stay. We do recommend you also request a top floor room because the floors are thin and noisy if you have an upstairs guest above you. You may want to also clarify the WI-FI policy there because they may try to charge you for using it? Not clear on that item...
The staff were super friendly, accommodating, and even let us check in a few hours early. There is also a very nice swimming pool there that is nicely decorated with colorful rock and a desert type theme. It was spring break and we were surprised how busy it was with sunbathers enjoying the perfect weather! Just a side note, call ahead and make sure they have vacancy? We scored one of the last remaining rooms and that was two days ahead of time of our stay.
All in all, not bad for the money ($139) and an overall positive experience. We would definitely stay there again and plan on staying there again when the need arises.

Room Tip: Top floor recommended for reduced noise and fantastic views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Matthew C
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Do not even consider staying in this hotel unless you are on the top floor. The floors are paper thin. The people above us walked around until 2 a.m. and every step was incredibly loud. I can't believe I paid money to have the worst night of my life. We called to complain two times, and the staff was friendly but couldn't do anything about the noise. They said they get this complaint all the time and they're are seeing what they can do about it, but I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Only get a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank EmilyJ369
Soutahhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

Dear Ms,
I would first like to thank you for considering Holiday Inn Express in Mesquite. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us wasn't a positive one. If there is anything I can do or if you would like to be contacted by our management team I can gladly set that up for you. Again I am so sorry for the inconvenience of the noise level. I hope that you enjoyed everything else about your stay and hope to see you back at our hotel again.

Erin Hoorneman, Guest Service Champion.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

I got in to the hotel very late so I could not use the pool but it look like a very nice pool . The rooms were big and very clean. I can recommend this hotel if you are in the area. The only downside were the computer in the lobby they are very slow.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank shortsallyear
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed here in the past while it was the Falcon Ridge Inn. Wasn't too bad then. Holiday Inn has really stepped up with a remodel to this place. Well appointed lobby, rooms, breakfast area. Very good hot breakfast included with stay. Location is across the entrance to Falcon Ridge Golf Course and close to everything (small town). Unless you want to stay in a casino/hotel, here's the place in Mesquite.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple