“Adequate”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Mesquite
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This HI Express is adequate, but having spent the previous night at the HI Express in Moab, UT - where you feel everyone and everything is given that extra effort, this HI Express - is no comparison. The sheets and pillows are tired looking. Slow internet connection - so slow that every time you put down your iPad - you are kicked off and have to re-enter the 6 digit number. Front desk greeting was nonexistent and not even a bottle of water for us as frequent traveler members.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear pacer-76-kc,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is truly regrettable to see the service and accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 January 2014

After having stayed at the Casablanca last trip, this time we chose the HI Express. The rates werent that much higher and included WIFI and breakfast daily. On check in we upgraded for $20 additional and got a suite with a balcony. Very nice. Highly recommend this. Rooms were big, clean and comfortable. The breakfast had something for everybody. Fruit, eggs, toast and muffins, bacon, juice, cereals, etc. My only complaint was one of the front desk gals. The others were so nice, but this one should not be wearing the uniform, especially now where most businesses pride themselves on customer service. I did not get her name as she was not wearing a name tag. On Jan 22 I went to use the computer in the lobby to print our airline boarding passes. After checking in online I noticed that the power button was off on the computer. I tried it several times and got no response. The front desk is only feet away so I asked "her" if she could help. Without even glancing up she responded " It's working, I don't know what to tell ya!" EXACT QUOTE! I responded "It's NOT working and I don't know what to tell YOU!" Still she never bothered. Now I get down on my hands and knees and make sure that everything is plugged in , etc. Still nothing, so I walked over to the desk and asked "her" to call somebody that would and could help me.A REALLY nice guy (operations engineer) came over and after unplugging the printer for a while the power came on. When it started printing it printed papers that were dated going back as far as Jan 14, so obviously had not been working for quite some time.

Room Tip: Spend the few dollars extra and get the balcony. Such a beautiful view should be enjoyed.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelLover1954
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This hotel is a typical Holiday Inn Express, comfortable beds, great Wi-Fi & nice staff. Our check in clerk was very nice and told us where to get dinner. This Holiday Inn Express was pet friendly! We were traveling through on our way from CA to Utah with our 2 small dogs and I was happy that they took them though I think $20 pet fee is a little high. But I was willing to pay it for a good place for my doggies and family, we have stayed at the Virgin River Casino because its pet friendly but was really happy we stayed here instead...so much better!

They booked us into a handicap accessible room which wasn't needed but I figure it was because we had pets? It didn't have a tub which could have been an issue if staying more than one night because my daughter takes baths not showers, so if you have small children you may want to ask if your room has a tub before booking. We just stayed one night and left early but did enjoy the breakfast which made it much easier to get started and just get in our car and go. I never book a room for breakfast because normally you are just paying more for powdered eggs and frozen bacon, normally we don't even care if it is offered or not but in this case it was nice for us. Our room was very clean and comfortable but I booked a double queen room and the beds seemed more like a twin or full it was a tight fit for us, we sleep on a queen at home and have more room then that. One weird thing was none of our trashcans had liners in them?? I asked the front desk staff for them and they said Holiday Inn Express doesn't allow them to use them? Which seemed a bit strange to me, I would hate to be the housekeeper that had to take yucky stuff out of the cans without a liner! Also, they would have all the germs from previous guests inside...you know they probably don't disinfect them every time!

Anyway, this is a decent hotel and I will stay again...we do that trip often.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Every Christmas for the last 15 years we have traveled to mesquite to play golf. We have tolerated the rooms at the Casino across the freeway for many years. This year we decided we could take it no longer! We booked at the Holiday Inn and were pleasantly surprised! The room was amazing! We were on the top floor and it had a ceiling fan! Very cool. The bed was comfortable and the free breakfast was great. The automatic pancake machine was a hit with all the guests. The coffee was hot and the staff was super friendly. They had upgrades available and moved us at no additional cost. We will make reservations there next winter as well!

Room Tip: Ask for the 4th floor loved the view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn because it was the host hotel for the Tri-State Marathon. We were pleasantly surprised when we checked in. The room was large and had a balcony. Their breakfast usually didn't start until 6:30am but they put together a "runner" friendly breakfast for us that started at 4:30am. At check in we arranged for a late check out. When we got back from the Marathon we only had 15 minutes until our late check out time but they gave us an extra hour at no charge to get cleaned up. The staff was very friendly. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. The beds were comfortable and their towels were softer then expected.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is the best hotel, friendly staff (thanks Bonnie), super nice rooms, great place to stop with pets. This hotel pays attention to the small stuff, beds are very comfy and staff always there to help. Only draw back if you want the casino life is that it is a ways away from them. We enjoy the quiet at night because it is usually after a long drive that day. We always go to Katherine's Restaurant which is located at Casablanca Hotel. If you forget something it is right close to Walmart and has easy access on and off I 15.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I was given this hotel on Hotwire. It was a very nice hotel. We were just stopping in the city on the way to Vegas so the hotel is not super fancy but very clean and modern. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are very nice for a Holiday Inn. The hotel sits on a ridge overlooking most of Mesquite.

The free breakfast was fair, not close to the quality at Embassy Suites, where I stayed the night before in another city. The hotel does provide free wifi which worked good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business