“Great Service once again”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minden
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Minden
“Great Service once again”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I stayed at Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Minden again in July 2013. My stay experience was just wonderful. The front desk ladies took care of my needs.
The Lobby, Public Areas and my Guest Room was very clean. The breakfast had a good choice of fresh fruit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jazz_CA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sacramento
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Newer properties are always a pleasure. This one is well situated, near a couple of c-stores and an important highway junction. Walkable restaurants opportunities are few but if you drive south on 395 to Carson Valley Inn, you'll find something you like.

One peeve is the tv...it's set for old analog 4:3 aspect and not a modern 16:9 HD. This could be remedied by altering a set-up setting.

Breakfast was decent and the view to the west is spectacular.

Room Tip: East facing rooms will get the first light. West facing rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank curtismapman
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We (my husband and I) found that this hotel had some issues. One the elevator did what it wanted, went up when we asked to go down, ice machine you had to put your room key in to use this is not intuitive, and three the tv was reset, I had to scan for stations. But the beds were good, and the room clean, and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gilberttraveler56
Ceres, California
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We booked a 2-queen suite. Very clean and fresh. Not much bigger than a regular room though. A bonus was no trouble with our 2 small dogs. No covered parking made the high heat very uncomfortable and the trees were too young to offer any shade. Has a nice laundry, exercise room and pool with spa (thank goodness for the spa!). Inside and out looked very nice and although new, was well maintained. Breakfast, although varied with choices is only average. Great coffee all day! All staff (regardless of position) we asked questions and opinions of were willing and invariably gave good recommendations and advice!! The staff was certainly the highlight of our stay there.

Room Tip: They only take dogs on the 1st floor - all dog rooms in the same corridor. A non-smoking facility. H...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Steve A
Debra L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minden, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Dear Steve A,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay, the hotel and the staff. A building is just a building (while ours is a step above), what makes it special are the guest, the staff and the interactions that take place. This is one area Holiday Inn Express & Suites Minden excels. We love to help make our guests stay the best stay possible and the reviews show we take it seriously. I hope you have an opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Debra S. Lang
Vancouver
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Check-in was a breeze. Fresh coffee and delicious cookies set for the afternoon. Breakfast was very good.....it's my first time to see an automatic pancake maker!
There was a Miss Nevada event in the hotel during our stay and it was fun to see all the beauty queens.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor. Mom and brother in another room. Every room seemed fine. Some rooms fa...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DraftedbytheMan
Debra L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minden, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear "Drafted by/The Man,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Minden. There is nothing like hot pancakes, real butter and syrup to start a day! Of course this is only one of 26 items we feature during our daily buffet style breakfast.

We too enjoyed hosting the Miss Nevada contestants. Did you get a chance to visit and have your picture taken with the ladies during our Ice Cream Social?

I hope you have occasion to visit us again in the near future.

Debra Lang
Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stay in this hotel because it was close to Genoa. We were going to the Genoa Cowboy Festival. It is very clean, very quite. We heard no outside noise at all. easy to find. The staff was very friendly and spoke to us each time that they saw us.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hairbiz4
Debra L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minden, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Hello HairBiz,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites Minden while attending Genoa cowboy Festival. Wasn't that a fun event! We hope to see you again in the near future.

Debra
Davis, California
Reviewed 5 May 2013

So over a week before our stay I called to change the reservation and stay one less day. My written contract said I could cancel the day of my visit before 6 p.m. with no penalty. I figured by calling early they could possibly book the room for another customer. The General Manager (Ms. D.L.) was not available when I called to change and the staff who answered the phone said they did not have the authority to make the change (in fact no one had authority-not even the assistant GM). No big deal, so I asked the GM to call me back (No response). I then sent an e-mail explaining my situation and even stated in the e-mail that the reason for written correspondence was to create written documentation (No response from GM), though staff informed me that she said that if I cancelled my credit card would be charged. Another family I know went online to cancel and did get charged. Sent several other e-mails over several days (No response). Finally just got frustrated and called Corporate. They looked at my reservation and could not figure out what the big deal was. I told Corporate that the GM said she would still charge my credit card, they said she could not and to trust them...within 5 minutes my situation was resolved. Corporate was nice enough to open an investigation since this was not the normal policy at all for their company. And the bullying, intimidation, and stall tactic techniques utilized by the GM were not at all part of the companies policies. For our actual stay, surprisingly the GM was there after over a week of not being available (in person, by phone, or e-mail) and I really felt like I was not a welcome guest. Remember I did call Corporate, but I'm betting most of you would not be patient and wait a week to resolve your issue. I had two 4 year old kids and a 9 year old and we did not check in until after 4:00. We arrived just after 1:00. Now it's true check in is not until 3:00, but I personally have never had to wait past the check in time. Other guests got in before 3:00 and some checked in before our 1:00 time. So we just went out to lunch and returned after the time they gave us. Needless to stay I will not be staying at this hotel again, or any that the General Manager is connected too.

Room Tip: One side has a nice view of the mountains...we were not placed on that side :-(
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 11Stephen
Debra L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minden, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Hello Stephen,

Thank you for taking a moment or two to document your dissatisfaction with the arrangements made for your group stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Minden. I hope all the other positive reviews we have received on Trip Advisor regarding guest satisfaction with our facilities, our employees and our friendly hospitality will help our readers to understand our true nature. Good luck in the future.

Debra S. Lang
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minden
Carson Valley Inn
Historian Inn
Historian Inn
#6 of 6 in Gardnerville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carson City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minden? Share your experiences!