I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Minden for 6 nights in August on business travel. This hotel is brand new, and looks it…construction remnants still around it, but I am sure they are in the plans to be finished off. My check in was very efficient, and managed by a friendly gentleman. Rooms are large, with all new furnishings—despite this, I had trouble with my dresser drawers, they did not seem to be aligned properly to open easily.
Amenities abound here, some of the nicest I have seen, and generous as well. Every day my supply of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and make up remover packets was replenished. I am sure if I used 3 shower caps in a day, these would have been replaced as well. It was a nice touch, and I felt well taken care of. The only bad thing about it is they are those standard issue Holiday Inn Express tubes that are so difficult to deal with. The showerhead is tall enough to stand up straight under.
Breakfast was great, eggs with meat, sausage, fresh fruit, yogurts, some mornings we had those pre-fab omelets. My favorite part…every night when I came home from work, freshly baked cookies were waiting!
There is a lovely pool and spa, windows looking out on the gorgeous mountain views. It will look even nicer when the construction debris is gone. I used the washer/dryer, it’s a buck for everything you do…wash, dry, buy detergent, buy fabric softener. The machines worked well, and it was a clean area.
The free wireless internet could be a weak signal at times--but it did always work. The business center features a desktop computer and a printer.
My rate was not bad…you can get cheaper rates for some of the local no-tell motel/casinos, but this was a clean, new facility with a generous free breakfast included—an amazing value in itself!
I would return without a second thought.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Minden, NV is Carson Valley's newest, 100% non smoking, modern hotel located at US HWY 395 & State Route 88. Our hotel offers 81 guest rooms, including 20 suites also featuring a spectacular honeymoon suite with unrivaled Sierra Nevada mountain views. Rooms are luxurious and elegantly appointed with rich wood furniture, 32'LCD flatscreen TVs, lounge chair with ottoman, work desk and ergonomic chair and the latest amenities. All rooms include a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. Suites also provide a pull out sofa bed and wet bar. Complimentary Smart Start Buffet Breakfast is served daily. The hotel is equipped with complimentary wireless and wired HSIA. We also offer an indoor pool and whirlpool, fitness room, business center and meeting spaces for up to 75 persons. The Hotel is a short drive from casinos, Kirkwood Ski Resort, Heavenly Ski Resort, and Nevada's state capital, Carson City. The beautiful Carson Valley is famous for its outdoor recreation including hiking, fishing, biking, swimming, ATV trails, and nature watching all just minutes away. It is also home of the first Nevada settlement Genoa.Our neighbors include Carson City, 11 miles, Reno, 40 miles, and Virginia City, 30 miles as well as just 12 miles to Lake Tahoe. Stay Smart and relax at our beautiful hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Minden
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minden Lake Tahoe (Nevada), NV