“A year later...”

Gardnerville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A year later...”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

My wife's birthday outing finds us at the CV Steakhouse once again. Reservations for restaurant seating and a booth does not go smoothly, but with some time, management does it's best to honor what was requested. The waiter, Tyler, is personable and did a great job at turning a poor beginning into a very pleasant evening. I was surprised about the noise in the restaurant, but that might have been more because it was New Years Eve. Just as last year the food was excellent.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Marc662

“Unacceptable”
Reviewed 30 November 2012

My husband and I recently dined at CV Steak for the first time about a week ago. Unfortunately, our first time will probably be our only time. Our overall experience was terrible and disappointing. Our waitress, Roxanne, was horrible. She was extremely rude and short, leading us to feel as if we were a burden for being there. We initially thought she may have just been having an off day but we soon realized it wasn't that, we could clearly hear her talking (almost yelling) and joking around with the other employees on the other side of the wall in which our table was against. Could barely hear ourselves think let alone talk with how loud she was. Another thing, it was my husbands birthday and I pulled her aside to ask if they did anything special for these types of occasions. She said she would bring out a slice of cake and sing happy birthday. That never happened. No cake, no acknowledgement of any sort. And last but not least, our bill was literally dropped onto our table. Just dropped as she zipped by taking off her apron. Very rude and unprofessional. Overall, we did not enjoy the experience and do not plan on returning. If we do happen to give it a second try, we hope to see that Roxanne is no longer an employee and that the staff be more professionally trained.

2 Thank Austyn_J
Reno, Nevada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“While the food was good, I felt like I was unwelcome”
Reviewed 9 November 2012

on my visit to the CV steakhouse, I found the food to be good but my waiter was very short with me and my family. He seemed as if he did not want us to be there as if we were a "burden". I first thought that he might be having a bad day until I saw him laughing and playing with the bus girl. I dont ususally like to complain but I did bring it up when the manager "mike" walked by and he was just as cocky. I love to take my family to good resturants, but the experience is as important as the food. Ill take my hard earned money elsewhere, the food wasnt good enough to put up with that kind of treatment. Sorry, Carson Valley Inn. My money goes elsewhere from now on, both gaming and food.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank RenoReview
Reno, Nevada, United States
“Food was excellent except unprofessional mangement”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

My husband and I ate there the other night for the first time. We were very pleased with the food and our excellent server (Julie). She had a great smile and made us feel right at home. Towards the end of our dinner we notice that Julie got four tables right after another. She kept a great attitude but out of no where her Manager Mike starting yellling at her for not getting to one of her tables in time. From our prespective, we thought she was doing a great job and we were very upset to see a Manager yell at her like especially in front of the customers. So overall it was a good experience and we only hope that Julie will still be there to serve us and that horrible manager, Mike is gone!

• Visited October 2012
Palm Springs, California
“ER”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I been wanting to try this restaurant for a few months since I moved out to Carson City. So I went there last Sunday and ordered a 12 oz top sirloin with garlic mashed potatoes and salad. Everything looked nice but 2 hours after dinner had to go to the emergency room for food poisoning with IV antibiotics. I don't wish this to anybody and this is just my experience. Of course I am never coming back to this place

• Visited September 2012