“Experiences are forever”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of SoaringNV

SoaringNV
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Minden
More attraction details
Owner description: SoaringNV provides • Glider rides • Glider pilot instruction • Aero-tow • Aero-retrieves • Oxygen • Flight currency reviews • Weather briefings ...and more! Visit SoaringNV in the friendly atmosphere of our hangar at 1138 Airport Road on the Minden-Tahoe Airport.
Chengdu, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Experiences are forever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I always thought gliding would be kinda boring, but I've always wanted to fly so my wife and I gave it a try. Completely not what I expected! Glider pilots have the ability to fly smooth and calm or downright dare-devilish!
Two people are a bit cramped in the back, but we're of smaller stature so we fit fine.
There is no better way to see Carson Valley, the mountains, or the lake!
It was a great experience and I will be going back.

Visited June 2014
GliderGirl, Owner at SoaringNV, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
So many of our customers tell us their glider experience was not what they expected. (You are the first to expect boredom.) Usually folks expect to feel scared, exposed and out-of-control. What they learn is that soaring is anything but. It is floaty, secure and remarkably controllable. And not boring. Thanks for sharing your experience with the users of TripAdvisor. Come back and fly with us again soon!

Glider Girl

“PHILADELPHIA PENNSYLVANIA.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I JUST of to say that the Staff are highly experience and you could tell that they are injoying there job best experience ever i highly recommend it whenever you are in nevada and you want to do something fun look up soaringnv-minden-nevada.htm thanks from kevin.

Visited December 2013
Wiesbaden, Germany
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Went for week-long Wave Camp; wasn't disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Soaring is a weather dependent sport. I attended SoaringNV's 2014 Wave Camp earlier this month. Daily thermal flying was available, but the weather required for wave soaring didn't materialize until late on the last day. This didn't deter the folks at SoaringNV; they demonstrated great flexibility and offered well-received alternative training each day.

I had the chance to fly with three of the the instructors there and learned something from each of them. All of the gliders I looked at were in great shape. Glider operations were smooth and efficient. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and prepared to give a great ride or great flight instruction.

If you have a chance to go for a ride, take it! If you have a chance to get some gliding instruction at SoaringNV, take it. I made the highest, farthest, and longest glider flight I've made yet while there. I'll have fond memories for a long time and am already looking forward to a return trip.

Visited April 2014
GliderGirl, Owner at SoaringNV, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words about SoaringNV Wave Camp. Planning educational events for groups of pilots is what we specialize in. Now if we could only control the weather!

You were really fun to have around--and you are a great pilot. I appreciate you informing Trip Advisor readers about all the glider-related training we do, in addition to scenic rides.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
Aguascalientes, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I must do on Minden!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

It is a unique experience, totally recommendable, the staff is very friendly. this is something we will do again. to fill the best experience try the fly over Tahoe.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank FranciscoMarquez
GliderGirl, Owner at SoaringNV, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
It was great to have you all here for rides. The view of Heavenly Valley Ski area and Lake Tahoe from a silent glider is the highpoint of many ski trips. I hope you will come back and see us again when you are on your next Carson Valley getaway.
Las Vegas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“OMG! This was amazing. Worth every penny!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I was scared straight before getting in this glider. I contemplated not going. Never been in a plane without an engine. But, it turned out to be one of the best experiences of my life. Beware it's snug with two people sitting in back. Arm over your partner's shoulder makes it more comfortable. The views were unbelievable. The ride smooth. Ask for Elizabeth our pilot she was a blast and so sweet. She'll do a few tricks up there if you want. It's and exhilarating rush!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank rfh3223
GliderGirl, Owner at SoaringNV, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
It IS cozy in the back of the glider that takes two passengers. But as you discovered, it is an unparalleled shared experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others who might be considering this amazing and safe thrill.

Come back and see us again.