“Decent Breakfast (or Lunch) at a Decent Price”
Review of Cowboys Cafe

Cowboys Cafe
Ranked #4 of 44 Restaurants in Minden
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Cowboy Cafe is a typical small town "cowboy" themed diner.
It is located near my office, but I rarely go there for lunch. When I do, it's nothing special, but the sandwiches and burgers are decent in both taste and price. However, whenever I have to take the family out early on a Saturday morning for something, we almost always come here for breakfast.
Now, breakfast isn't difficult to cook, and most things taste pretty much the same wherever you go. For us, we prefer Cowboy Cafe to Katie's at CVI (especially since the new management took over) and Woodett's, the two other breakfast diner's in the area, because breakfast at Cowboy Cafe actually DOES taste better than the competition.
You get large portions, good service and tasty food for the most part. Yeah, even when ordered "crispy" the insides of the hash-browns are usually under-cooked, the home-fries that my wife orders usually look "blackened," and sometimes the corned-beef hash is clearly from a can, but it's rare that I don't finish everything on my plate. (Or if my eyes were bigger than my stomach, bring home what was left.)
If you want to try them for lunch, remember they close at 2pm.
Also, they aren't open at all on Sundays or Mondays!

1  Thank MDEnce
There are newer reviews for Cowboys Cafe

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Have already reviewed this restaurant here, but in another listing which you can read.
Will say this again. We have tried all the breakfast places in Carson City and Douglas County, and this place has the best breakfast BY FAR of any of them! Come in hungry!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This cafe was very popular and we had to make reservations to get in. Not only were the food potions large, but very tasty.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Great food always! A must try for anyone traveling to this area or any locals. Always greeted with a smile and very nice employees.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Since my 83 year old Mom doesn't eat much, I always share something with her. We were surprised when the waitress informed us that it would cost an additional $2.00 for an empty plate to be brought to our table. She told us that we should order more drinks for the $2.00 and then the fee would be waived. WHAT???? Shame on you, Cowboy Cafe!! We have eaten here before and the food has been good. But....this just doesn't seem right.

3  Thank bassoonsue

Been to Cowboys Cafe? Share your experiences!