“Would stay again & again”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Minden
Martinez, California
“Would stay again & again”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Booked two nights going on fishing trip and one night coming back.
The location was perfect and the accommodations were great.(micro and refri in room)
Room was large and convenient for walking our dog.
Great location for dining out.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed here only for one night on the way from Yosemite to Lake Tahoe. The hotel is located just outside the town of Minden and a 15-minute drive from Carson City, where we went for dinner. We were expecting nothing in particular, but were pleasantly surprised. We received a room upstairs which was very spacious and clean. The air-con was quiter than in some five star hotels. The only minor negatives were the not-too-friendly check-in desk staff and the minimal complimentary breakfast. For the low price we paid, though, this was ok, although we have seen better breakfasts in other BW's.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GioVale20
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 17 July 2011

stayed one night during the week. front desk very courteous. room nice and clean, beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows to choose from. free wifi easy to connect to. can hear plumbing from adjacent rooms and walking from upstairs but nobody during our stay was noisy. location close enough to gas stations and restaurant choices within 3 or so miles. tucked in one block from highway 395 but not noisy. the complimentary breakfast consisted of cereal, hard-boiled eggs, toast/english muffins, danish, make your own waffles along with coffee, whole and skim mild as well as OJ and apple juice.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank flashncrash
San Francisco
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Immaculate, comfortable, HUGE room.
Registration desk staffed 24 hours.
Nice grassy park and beautiful neighborhood to walk with pooch.
Very conveniently located right near the 395/88 interchange, and just south of the Kingsbury Grade cutoff to South Lake Tahoe.
Staggeringly good complimentary breakfasts, including a make-your-own-waffle station.

What more could you ask for? We'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor room on end near park.
  • Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Melaquelover
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Good motel: quiet, clean, comfortable and modern.

If I think really hard, the only small negative is that I wish they supplied tea bags (not Chinese) at breakfast and in the rooms (plus those little milk cartons). The previous occupant of the empty room next door had left the alarm buzzer set for 6am but fortunately I was already awake by then and I suppose it could happen anywhere.

One other hint is to be sure that you don't book Minden Louisiana by mistake, as I did. (I have a reservation, no you don't, let me show you the confirmation, oops!)

The Basque restaurant (The Country Club) 4 miles down the road on Highway 395 is very good and is particularly recommended if you haven't eaten for a week and like lamb kebabs.

I think many people would prefer staying in Minden instead of the Tahoe area which like a major city at the south end of the lake. If all you want to do is see the lake then it is less than half and hour away, though about two hours to drive all round it.

Finally take a glider ride at Soar Minden at the airport about 1 mile north.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Jmcc150
WorldWide
Reviewed 15 August 2009

This place is just bad. I was forced to stay here because I travel with my dog. Never again. I'd rather camp outside in the rain. This place is old and beat, and the service is the worst.

• Stayed August 2009
2 Thank DogDoggie

Travellers are raving about these Minden hotels

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 29 June 2009

We spent that last three nights at the Best Western Minden. We choose this hotel because we had a dog with us, otherwise it was not my first choice and next time not even in my top 100 choices. Our experience was ... odd.

The night we arrived the area was infested with mosquitos. When I checked in there was no mention of the problem and it was a shock to have to go mosquito hunting in the evenings in order to prevent from being eaten alive. Later when I spoke with the front desk about this they said it was a problem in the county. And though I found that there are mosquitos in the area, my cousins don't have as big a problem a few miles away.

In addition to this, my son got sick during the night and I asked housekeeping the next day to make sure they gave the bathroom an extra cleaning and I was shocked when I came back for the day and found the bathroom being the only thing cleaned. Our beds weren't made and it didn't look like they did anything else.

The next day we had a chocolate milk accident in the bed and I again asked housekeeping to be sure to not only make our beds but to change our sheets. When I came back for the day I found they did make the bed and change the bed sheets but did not change the pillow cases (there was a stain on one still), they were just moved around between the two beds.

Oh! Forgot to mention that two days before we arrived they put "a shock of chemicals" in their pool and until the day before we left, it was not open - in almost 90 degree weather. My poor boys were very upset about the letdown of the only highlight of staying in a hotel.

Finally, my cousins who live in the area told me the "smell" outside and occasionally making it inside was because the hotel is next to some kind of waste reclaimation plant. Perhaps this is the real reason for their mosquito problem?

So there is my experience. Do with it what you may - but personally I will travel a bit further for a dog friendly hotel, if I decide to bring one with me again. If not, I am going to stay over at the Carson Valley Inn. I have heard great things about them and from the street they look like a nice place.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank gillianerinn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minden
Carson Valley Inn
1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!