“All OK”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Minden
Reviewed 23 July 2008

After reading the mostly bad reviews for this place, we almost stayed elsewhere, but this turned out to be clean, with a very comfortable bed. Free wi-fi, average breakfast, good air conditioner. The one woman we did encounter checking in, etc. seemed very nice. This is within walking distance to several different restaurants, the movies, Starbucks, etc. Also, there's a great little park right across the street with a nice playground and a huge expanse of very thick grass. Our dog was welcome at this hotel, too.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 23 June 2007

Someone needs to tell the management of this property that they're in a service industry. We arrived about 1:30 in the afternoon. I realize that the advertised check-in time is 3:00. I very politely said that I knew we were early, but was there any chance we could check in early? The desk clerk said "Your rooms are being cleaned." Since I was sure housekeeping started in the morning, and the parking lot was empty, I said "I'm sure SOME of the rooms are clean..." The response was (no eye contact)"My manager says we can't let people check in early". I can't see a valid reason for this policy. I see it as an indication of indifference, and I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank TTPCalifornian
Reviewed 7 December 2006

The room was adequate, if overpriced at $89, but I was subsequently billed for a taking a pillow from the room, which I most certainly did not do. An additional $35 showed up on my Visa bill and, when I called the motel to question the charge, I could never get in touch with the manager. After three attempts, I gave up on reaching him or having him return my call. I finally dealt with Best Western, who sent me a card worth the equivalent amount. I can't help but think it was a scam as the motel pillows are the cheap uncomfortable type that are certainly not worth stealing, much less $35. This happened in April 2006.

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank coppertessie
Brandon, Mississippi
Reviewed 4 March 2006

We were here for a funeral in Febuary of 2006 and the staff was very helpful. The clerk was very nice and friendly and went out of his way to make us as comfortable as possible. We will definately choose Best Western in the future.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix
Reviewed 29 December 2005

We'd been looking forward to this late-November 2005 vacation in Minden, but ended up dreading each night. Here's why....

Upon checking in around 9pm, we found that the bedding had not been changed from the last guests. One bed had dirt all over the sheets--as if a dog had slept in it--and the other had a mark across one side that looked like bloody drool. The bathroom had been poorly cleaned (if cleaned at all) and there were cobwebs and bugs in one corner.

When we called the front desk to ask for new sheets, figuring we could put up with the rest until the housekeeping staff arrived the next morning, we were advised that there might not be any clean sheets because the hotel was full. Finally, some sheets were found, but only two (not enough for the two queen beds). We picked the sheets up from the front desk as it was late at night and no one was available to bring them to the room. We put the sheets on one bed and borrowed sheets from local relatives to put on the other bed.

During the entire three night stay, the beds were made, but sheets were NEVER changed and none of the cleaning was done other than emptying the waste baskets. In addition, we found our key to be disabled each evening, requiring a nightly visit to the front desk to have it reprogrammed.

When these events were brought to the attention of the manager, we were informed that they were doing the best they could. We were given a verbal apology and told we could take it up with the Board of Directors.

We did, eventually, receive a letter of apology after sharing this experience with Best Western. It seems like this stay shouldn't have cost over $75 a night. We'll think twice before considering staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
California
Reviewed 3 November 2005

Dirty sheets! We anticipated a good 2-night stay in this $81.00 a night Best Western but instead found one of our two queen beds had very dirty sheets. We called the front desk but unfortunately the night manager was alone and could not change the sheets. She did offer some clean sheets which we put on the bed ourselves. The next day we spoke to the hotel property manager who could only offer an apology and after our request a 10% discount off the room. Another family that was traveling with our group also had one bed with dirty sheets and their son chose to sleep on top of the bedspread. Normally I would be excited to splurge a little bit on a Best Western but after this experience I may as well stay at the $49 a night motel down the road.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 August 2005

Nice comfortable place to stay. Friendly. Reasonable. Several restaurants within walking distance. Stayed a couple of nights with friends as we were doing the Death Ride cycling event nearby in Markleeville, CA. We found this an ideal and convenient location.

• Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank Baxter1017
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minden
Carson Valley Inn
#2 of 9 in Stateline
Best Western Topaz Lake Inn
Best Western Topaz Lake Inn
#1 of 6 in Gardnerville

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!