My family decided to stay at CVI while we were in town for my grandmother's memorial service. We have been customers of this establishment for MANY years, but had never stayed in the hotel previously. We selected rooms in the Motor Inn. The first room that we were given smelled of smoke, although it was advertised as non-smoking. We called the front desk the next morning to discuss the situation. We asked that we be moved to another room, which they were able to accommodate. Once we arrived in our new room there were several things wrong with the room - the air conditioner didn't work, the coffee maker didn't work and one of the light bulbs were burned out. The maintenance department quickly fixed the broken coffee pot and light and assured us that the air conditioning was also fixed. The air conditioning still wasn't operating properly and we called maintenance once again. They came and said that it was working fine. Since we were out of our room all day, we assumed the air would be working and fine for sleeping that evening. But we returned to the room and found that we had to manually turn on the fan and then about 15 minutes later the we could turn on the air conditioning, but once it went off, none of it would come back on. So we had no air for our second evening.
We we called the front desk the next morning, Elizabeth or "Liz" as she went by was very rude and said that we will need to speak with her manager directly because there was nothing wrong with the air. Again we were gone all day (to my grandmother's memorial service) and when we returned, we had a extremely long and rude message from the manger - Matt Carter. My mother called him back and he proceeded to not even let her talk - but rather yelled at her about how she wasn't going to get a free room and there was nothing wrong with the air. Basically accusing her of lying about the whole situation. Keep in mind my mother had just buried her mother earlier in the day. My mother asked who his manager was and he was he was the boss. Then he proceeded to give us the general manager's name (with whom I have a call into currently).
I have worked in a service industry for over 12 years and would NEVER talk to any customer or treat anyone with such disrespect! This is an outrage and I hope that people will consider this feedback before staying at their establishment in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carson Valley Inn is a full service hotel/casino located in Minden, Nevada 15 miles south of Carson City and 20 minutes from world class skiing at Heavenly at Tahoe. We are 25 minutes from the South Shore of Lake Tahoe. The Carson Valley Inn has been completely remodeled in the last 5 years. Our casino features table games, live poker, 600 slots and Race and Sports Book. We have two lounges, one with free live entertainment nightly. Our main hotel features a pool, spas, business center and fitness facility. WE have free Wifi. For our value conscious guests we have a motor lodge adjacent to the main hotel. We also have an RV Resort featuring full hook-ups and shower facilities. There is a laundromat. Restaurants: In CV Steak, enjoy great dining, exceptional value and a comfortable atmosphere perfect for a special occasion, casual gathering with friends, or a let's-not-cook-tonight escape. Katie's Country Kitchen, our 24-hour coffee shop has a comfortable atmosphere, generous menu selections, and value-packed specials that makes this restaurant a favorite among locals and hotel and RV park guests. Katie's Nightly Dinner Specials. Stop by Job's Perk for morning coffee, pastries, sandwiches, afternoon snacks and wine. The Carson Valley Inn has 6000 square feet of meeting space and TJ's Corral is our concert venue featuring some of the biggest names in country and rock & roll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Carson Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carson Valley Hotel Minden
- Carson Valley Minden
- Carson Valley Inn Minden/Lake Tahoe (Nevada), NV