You should know the details of my stay so perhaps you will be able to make some improvements that are really necessary. . The room I stayed in (and others I saw) was barely passable.
Bathroom and towels were clean and white
sheets on bed looked clean
Bad news: because of the bed bug scare, i always pull the bed away from the wall to inspect the area of the mattress at the headboard and around the mattress. I didn't find anything that looked like bedbugs (thank God) BUT it was totally filthy and there were spiders, ants,other varmints under there...and inch of dust piled around base of bed. The carpet was torn, worn and totally filthy all over the room, not just near the beds.
Except for the bathroom the rest of the room was really dirty, stains on bedspread, cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling with dead bugs stuck in them (so they were there a while) and I frankly did not feel comfortable sleeping the night on those beds and cuddled up in the middle of one of them surrounded by the sheets. Had I not arrived in that night late I would have left and reported you to the health authorities.
I did mention to the housekeeper the next morning what i found (filthy the rug... dust and small bugs around the box spring of one of the mattresses) and they did come in an thoroughly clean the carpet. I ended up staying but not sure I will again because the place was so dirty. The rest of the property looks pretty good so I was shocked at how bad the condition of the room was. I do not expect 5 star at your price point but I do expect clean and not to see dirt and leaves, torn rugs and old stained bedspreads which was all a bit creepy for a well known casino property.
Get a carpet guy in there and change them out. Even if they are cheap new ones at least they are clean. And you can replace them more often which is better than expensive carpet that is torn and filthy dirty. Take the bedspreads off the beds and use 2 sheets with a blanket in the middle. Tell the housekeeping staff to look above eye level for stuff when they clean .....along the ceiling lamp shades etc.
It wouldn't cost that much and would make a huge difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carson Valley Inn is a full service hotel/casino located in Minden, Nevada 15 miles south of Carson City and 20 minutes from world class skiing at Heavenly at Tahoe. We are 25 minutes from the South Shore of Lake Tahoe. The Carson Valley Inn has been completely remodeled in the last 5 years. Our casino features table games, live poker, 600 slots and Race and Sports Book. We have two lounges, one with free live entertainment nightly. Our main hotel features a pool, spas, business center and fitness facility. WE have free Wifi. For our value conscious guests we have a motor lodge adjacent to the main hotel. We also have an RV Resort featuring full hook-ups and shower facilities. There is a laundromat. Restaurants: In CV Steak, enjoy great dining, exceptional value and a comfortable atmosphere perfect for a special occasion, casual gathering with friends, or a let's-not-cook-tonight escape. Katie's Country Kitchen, our 24-hour coffee shop has a comfortable atmosphere, generous menu selections, and value-packed specials that makes this restaurant a favorite among locals and hotel and RV park guests. Katie's Nightly Dinner Specials. Stop by Job's Perk for morning coffee, pastries, sandwiches, afternoon snacks and wine. The Carson Valley Inn has 6000 square feet of meeting space and TJ's Corral is our concert venue featuring some of the biggest names in country and rock & roll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Carson Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carson Valley Hotel Minden
- Carson Valley Minden
- Carson Valley Inn Minden/Lake Tahoe (Nevada), NV