The Carson Valley Inn has done a very good job of remodeling their casino - lots of fun games to play, good lighting, and good service. You are always greeted with a smile; the staff is one of the best in casinos, making sure you are enjoying yourself and if you want a drink - you have one in moments. I find the service great any time of day - for example, 10 in the morning, 5 at night, 8 at night, 4 in the morning. This shows consistency in service - and a good time. They do have free drawings, bonus plus days, and sometimes you win free gifts (shirts, caps, nice bag, etc.). All in all a thumbs high up for casino. There is oftentimes live music at night. Given the area, the crowd tends to be middle aged to seniors (i.e. its not a young youth scene - although locals tend to enjoy coming here as well as visitors.).
In terms of food - Katies is a local favorite; it is often full on the week-ends with a short wait time. Lots of options on the menu - its somewhat like a Denny's but with much cuter atmosphere and good service. Portion size is absolutely HUGE - meaning if you eat it all you had a real pig out. We generally have food for another meal. They also have a high end steak and fish restaurant, nicely decorated, with good food and again good portions. If you plan a day out, Jobs Peak has sandwiches that are good - and picnic stuff for the day. The service there is super friendly. If you do play in the casino, you quickly get points you can use for food.....(also if you are a frequent player, you often get discount coupons in the mail.).
There is a swimming pool on property; easy in and out - and friendly door service. A special hi to the "tall guy" - who is often at the door. he is so nice (sorry I don't remember your name - but you always make our day when you are there. Thanks.
The rooms are large - now, if you want modern, its not. It is however hugely enjoyable stay - with the ability to open the window to get fresh air in the room; tv with movies and cable (lots of stations); large bathroom; comfy beds. The new owner plans to revamp the rooms in the future - but unlike others, we find the stay very comfortable. Enjoy the time in the rooms. And very very very clean - comfy. If you see a bug - well darn - you are very close to the mountains and close to the desert; so just say hi!
In terms of location - very convenient to both Tahoe area (less than half hour drive), Reno (less than hour drive); and 10 minute drive to Carson City; half hour to 40 minute drive to Virginia City.
If you are a club member, as we are, you are treated extremely well. As mentioned all get great service; nice gaming; good vibes - but if you are a club member you are invited to special events such as the fall dinner where it was a great meal with beer and wine and great service.
In short, its a great place to go in the area -if you are looking for swank, its not. if you are looking for a great place to go, it definitely is. Carson Valley Inn is doing a fabulous job and as they continue to remodel - has done a fabulous job. Cheers to all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carson Valley Inn is a full service hotel/casino located in Minden, Nevada 15 miles south of Carson City and 20 minutes from world class skiing at Heavenly at Tahoe. We are 25 minutes from the South Shore of Lake Tahoe. The Carson Valley Inn has been completely remodeled in the last 5 years. Our casino features table games, live poker, 600 slots and Race and Sports Book. We have two lounges, one with free live entertainment nightly. Our main hotel features a pool, spas, business center and fitness facility. WE have free Wifi. For our value conscious guests we have a motor lodge adjacent to the main hotel. We also have an RV Resort featuring full hook-ups and shower facilities. There is a laundromat. Restaurants: In CV Steak, enjoy great dining, exceptional value and a comfortable atmosphere perfect for a special occasion, casual gathering with friends, or a let's-not-cook-tonight escape. Katie's Country Kitchen, our 24-hour coffee shop has a comfortable atmosphere, generous menu selections, and value-packed specials that makes this restaurant a favorite among locals and hotel and RV park guests. Katie's Nightly Dinner Specials. Stop by Job's Perk for morning coffee, pastries, sandwiches, afternoon snacks and wine. The Carson Valley Inn has 6000 square feet of meeting space and TJ's Corral is our concert venue featuring some of the biggest names in country and rock & roll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Carson Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carson Valley Hotel Minden
- Carson Valley Minden
- Carson Valley Inn Minden/Lake Tahoe (Nevada), NV