“I thought I was back in the 60's!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Charleston
Mt. Charleston Lodge
Reviewed 16 December 2013

12/15/2013 Drove up for lunch, and see the sights. We have never been there before. Views were gorgeous, The service was lackadaisical. Food was very good. Music and vocals by a lone guitar player was right out of the 60's ballads. It was very nostalgic and all in all a very pleasant drive and meal.

Recommended *****

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Tom H

Reviewed 28 November 2013

This was the ultimate letdown. My boyfriend and I booked a cabin several weeks in advance to celebrate our anniversary. We took off work, rearranged our schedules, bought snow chains, and supplies for the trip. It took us over an hour to get up to the mountain where we were greeted by a handwritten note on the office door stating their closure due to a power outage. No phone call, no alert on the website, no guest service to speak of. Devastated and in tears we were forced to head home, anniversary plans ruined. Upon calling the resort several days later we were informed that someone had tried to call us several times in advance. We had no missed calls or voicemails of any kind. So not only are they refusing to make up for the neglect in any way but are also lying about the effort they put in to help salvage a special weekend for us. Customer service at its worst, and we've been in the hospitality industry for more than ten years a piece. Shame on the staff at Mt. Charleston. We are Las Vegas locals and will be sharing this information with our social networks. Weather aside, you failed miserably at your job.

• Stayed: November 2013
42  Thank Kgoddard21
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I wanted have a nice romantic get away with my wife and get a few hikes in before the winter snows so we took a risk on the cabins. (I read the reviews too) The cabins were great, the gas fireplace in the center was perfect and the hot tub was also great. The decorating was grandmother in the country feel but I didn't fault them for it. The bed was comfortable which was a plus.
The view of the back deck makes you forget about the parking lot on the front side, excellent views.
The staff were great to us, we rented a few movies and got a trail map from them, very nice.
I did leave the maid a nice tip due to the other reviews. Probably not a bad idea.
I want to book another return trip this winter to play in the snow, there is a day bed in the smaller cabin that would fit our daughter just fine for the next trip.
Take the risk, just tip the maid.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for the cabins that are a little farther in you get a better unrestricted view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jdotchin
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed for one night. We checked in early and then took a long hike up to Mary Jane Falls. We had a cabin all the way down the steps so it was more private than some of the others; be sure to look at the cabin map when choosing a cabin! We enjoyed taking a nice soak in the jacuzzi tub after our tiring hike. We then enjoyed a cocktail and appetizers (since they provide a fridge and microwave in the room) on the deck watching the hummingbirds fly all around us. Then it was off to dinner at the lodge which is a two minute walk. Dinner was delicious and fairly reasonable for the beautiful scenery we enjoyed! The only negative was a strange smell in the cabin, not really bad but just weird like maybe some type of cleaning supplies? We had a great day and evening and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Choose a cabin furthest away from the road so that your balcony is more private!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vegas79
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We rent a small cottage here when we want to be alone and get away from it all. We bring a few snacks and drinks, but eat most of our meals at the lodge. It's a little bit expensive but worth it. The Winter quiet and Summer cool make this a favorite place for us to stay anytime of year. The office people are friendly and knowledgable. There is a well known hiking trail across the street for seasoned hikers with a killer view at the top. I like to walk the small neighborhood nearby and dream about living in the mountains again. Get away for a few days and come here, you will be glad you did :)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jeanninehassoldt
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night for his birthday in January. My cabin was ready an hour and a half late which caused us to wait in the office for 15min holding our bags with no apology, yet there are numerous signs stating if you are one minute late for checkout you are charged 30$ an hour after that..Cabin was pretty cute, a lil dated, they are very scrunched together so if you go outside you feel like you're in an apt building that got snow. When we got home we saw an addtl charge for $130, called the front desk the young lady said there was a note that stated it was a pet fee, I told her "we didnt have a pet there, you were right there as we stood in your office with our truck parked by your window, did you see a dog?" she told me they charge for a pet whenever they find any dog hair.. spent the next few days waiting for the manager to return my calls and arguing with her. Let me tell you, I work in the hospitality industry and these people DO NOT CARE how you feel about your stay or if they are doing business fairly, because frankly, they are not.. I pointed out to her how many of her staff watched us walk in and out of our room upon entering and leaving and that at no time did we have a dog but she said since they found dog hair and put it in a ziplock bag they can say we had a dog, she repeated 100 times "we are not a corporation, we are privately owned and may charge whenever we want" .. what gets me is she knows we didnt have a dog, she saw an opportunity to take money from us and took it because some dog hair fell off our clothes while we were there (we have a chow and husky so sometimes unfortunately it happens). Also let me note I noticed on their website the cabin we stayed in was actually a pet friendly cabin and she said she charged us because we were going to cause future guests allergy problems. terrible business.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
47  Thank Lindsay K
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Being a Vegas local, I have booked and stayed here before. Its been years, and I wanted a quick romantic getaway. I booked the lovebird suite # 16 months ago and when asked if I was bringing a pet, I said-Yes, my small dog. I arrive today, checked into the cabin, unpacked my things and got a knock on the door. The cabin crew asked if I had a dog & I said, um, yes. They said that particular cabin was not pet friendly and they would have to switch me to another cabin. Ok, I oblidged, apparently the girl that booked me didn't realize when booking that the cabin I booked was not pet friendly. So we move all of our stuff to into the other cabin #23. #23 was older, dirtier and had a different layout with gross weathered carpet instead of the cabin wod flooring the others have. So I went back to the office and said I was not going to be able to stay in #23. They said I could pay a $100 pet cleaning fee to move back into the other one, so I unhappily said I would pay it. (since this has been planned for months) We move back to the original cabin #16-unpack, light candles, etc. Hubby goes to rent a couple of movies at the office, they tell him in addition to the pet cleaning fee, I would also have to pay a pet fee. So the initial rental went up over 50%. At this time, I was done. The office girls tried to work it out but their manager (who was not even there) gave them orders by phone to continue to overcharge me. We packed up our stuff, and headed home. Of course we have a beautiful home and all that, but the point is that this was my V-day pressie to the hubs. Our peaceful hike for the am was ruined as well...so home and not happy to have missed our romantic cabin night due to the inexperience of the person who booked my reservation and the inflexible manager.

The Mt. Charleston Hotel is much easier to deal with, pet friendly, ok food and no issues. I have stayed there several times. I don't recommend the cabins unless you want to leave with a headache & dissapointment.

Room Tip: Don't stay in #23, #16 is the best one.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
The Resort on Mount Charleston
#1 of 1 in Mount Charleston
Bonnie Springs Motel
#1 of 1 in Blue Diamond

Been to Mt. Charleston Lodge? Share your experiences!