“Place is a dump!!”

Lucky Club Casino and Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in North Las Vegas
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Located in North Las Vegas right off I 15 north bound is nothing more than a dump .. The problem it's located in a bad area of Vegas . The clients are mostly locals , thugs, trucker guys and prostitutes . The restaurant is horrible , food not that good . The rooms are ok ! This is a place ,if you' re looking for trouble , you're going to find it . I will never , ever step cross the threshold of this place ever again ...

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Roncip

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Lucky Club Hotel and Casino often is listed as one of the lowest weekend lodging booking rates in Las Vegas and recently I figured out why. It is perhaps a bit unfair that I compare this facility to say the El Cortez or the Santa Fe or any of the Station Hotel Casinos that I have stayed at. The Lucky Club's lodging is just flat out dirty. The floors in the hallways and stairs are gross and dirty. The room overall wasn't bad, not really shabby or anything, just kind of gross and dirty. The tub / shower worked fine but wasn't cleaned really well. The casino is really small and can get 'old' in a hurry. I didn't try any of the eating establishments at the place. The access just off of I-15 Cheyenne exit was convenient but the immediate business area surrounding the casino is pretty rough so as to not want to walk around at night. We only stayed one Saturday night for $50 which was okay for the one night . . . but I definitely wouldn't stay for an extended time at all, nor probably ever again. On a positive note . . . The Hotel desk staff was very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BigAntelope
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I used this motel as budget lodging for a weekend during a one-week stay in Vegas. The price was very good (just under $50 a night at that time). Upon arriving, I realized that it functions somewhat as a truck stop as well as a small "locals"-type casino. Check-in was efficient, the clerk was very friendly and helpful. The room was adequate - simple, CLEAN, and perfect for my purposes. Wi-Fi was good to have. This motel is outside of the "touristy" part of Vegas, it's about 3 miles outside of where most tourists will venture. Having a rental car, this simply meant that I had to drive 5-10 minutes away from the downtown and strip area, which was no big deal at all. In some ways it was good to be out there as I was close to some shopping areas with "normal" shopping (supermarkets, pharmacies like Walgreens,etc., and In-N-Out burger - all within a few miles of the motel) so I could easily get supplies like water or snacks, and also go to In-N-Out (which is important to take advantage of if you're an East Coast-er like me).

I played in their casino a bit, it was fine. Again, very "locals"-ish, The whole place you have to consider that for the price you are not going to get rooms or casino or services like you would in Bellagio or MGM, so if you have the right expectation I'm sure you'll be more than pleased with the place. The staff, all around, were friendly and helpful. They could probably be more polished but the important thing that showed through in all of them was that they genuinely cared to be helpful and to do a good job. I'll take that over a polished but disinterested staff member any day.

Would definitely stay here again under the right circumstances. If you are looking to bounce around downtown or the strip and not drive anywhere then this place obviously isn't for you. But, if you need a good, clean, budget-priced motel with a good staff and you are going to be exploring the surrounding desert or other off-the-beaten-path sites in and around Vegas then this is a great option.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank John_Setrak
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Best price on a weekend room we could find when our stay was extended with no notice. Rooms were old, but clean and the staff was friendly. We had fun watching the hookers from the casino go back and forth to the trucks all night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Dan F
Eric C, Manager at Lucky Club Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Hello Dan,

Reviewed 6 February 2014

The room was clean, staff there to help. Traveled with my 2 small dogs and the accomadations for them were great. Liked it so we stayed an extra day. It's not in the best location but for the price I'm not complaining.
Will stay again.

Room Tip: If you have pets they will put you on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Don S

Hello Don,
We sincerely appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to write a review for the Lucky Club Hotel. We always welcome feedback and do our best to improve our product based on these reviews. Thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

You are a great value. Clean and friendly. Regardless of where i am in your business i feel welcomed. You may not be the fanciest in Vegas, but i have stayed at a few of the big names, and while they offer allot of glitz, you can tell they have no heart for what they do.Just that makes the Lucky Club stand out. They are clean, and wallet friendly, the great deals from the hotel to Lucy's can't be beat.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank TruckinMage

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I would have to say that the LUCKY CLUB HOTEL & CASINO is really improved. The restaurant is great and the hotel staff is amazing. The rooms have way better furniture and they now have free wi-fi. And did I mention free coffee and they now offer room service. I think that the whole property has gone a long way. I would most defiantly be booking my next stay with them.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Oasis at Gold Spike
#121 of 265 in Las Vegas
Downtown
Four Queens Hotel and Casino
Best Western Plus North Las Vega...
#4 of 11 in North Las Vegas
Plaza Hotel & Casino
#98 of 265 in Las Vegas

Been to Lucky Club Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!