“Should be called Speed-Away!”

Lucky Club Casino and Hotel
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in North Las Vegas
California
“Should be called Speed-Away!”
Reviewed 24 November 2008

First of all this place is not even a Ramada Inn anymore. My husband used our Garmin GPS to get the phone number for this place. It shows up Ramada Speedway Inn on the GPS so he called it because the Ramada name is pretty well known. He booked the room because they had two room suites. We followed the GPS directions and couldn't find the Ramada. I called and when the lady answered the phone she didn't say Ramada. So I asked her if it was a Ramada and she said it was no longer a Ramada property. Uh, Oh. Though she was very nice she gave us the directions and we discovered we had driven right past it before. The neighborhood was very seedy. I did not feel comfortable at all, we have two young children and I was leery of this place. I did not even want to go in. My husband went in and told them I did not like it. They reassured him they had 24 hour bicycle security and we were safe! This did not really help at all. I did get out and walked into the check-in area to three people talking very loudly and jumping and kicking describing a party or something they were using bad language. We were so tired by this time we didn't have any choice but to take it. We get up to our room to find the two room suite is just adjoining rooms a little remodled with the door open inbetween. Ridiculous! I was so disappointed. The rooms were ok not filty but, we were not comfortable. The only thing good I can say is that the staff were all very friendly and helpful. We showered quickly in the morning and didn't even bathe the children. Thankfully we were only about 6 hours from home. This place is no place for families. Again, the only good thing was the very nice staff. I feel bad but, this place shoud not be allowed to be listed anywhere as Ramada as it is misleading.

• Liked — The friendly staff
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sun Valley
Reviewed 13 March 2008

This is a very run down property located in a bad neighborhood. it is equiped with security lock doors to the floors which are left open around the clock. Anyone can access the rooms. A coffee pot was provided...the water reservoir was full of water and moldy coffee bags. Guess the maids don't move anything when they clean. It was a place to stay during an emergency. Wouldn't do it again. Must say the shuttle driver was great!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — run done, bad neighborhood, lack of security
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these North Las Vegas hotels

Ketchikan, Alaska
Reviewed 26 February 2008

This was a terrible place, especially if you have children. The room was dirty and the pool was dry. If you like seedy hotels and dive bars, this is the place to go.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The location
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 8 October 2007

Stay away from this place and Hotels.com while you are at it!

Fist of all, most important to us, we reseved this room for 89.99 on Hotels.com and we printed out the reservation assuring us a Non Smoking room. We get there and our room is so smokey that you could get lung cancer if you breathe too close to the bedspread. The front desk says they are "all out" of non smoking.
I call hotels.com, and they say there is "No gaurntee that you will get the room you wanted" and their system is "down" they can not help us.

On top of that there is a loud loud party next door.
The sink is all craked and nasty.
The bed mattress is torn, holes in the bedspread.

Hotels.com overcharged us! When searching for the same room same nights on line directly through the hotel's website, I found that Hotels.com charged $20-$30 more than the actual hotel was asking!

I am never using Hotels.com again and never staying here again!

• Liked — We only had to stay two days and not longer
  • Disliked — the fact that they did not save us a non-smoking room and we over paid
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
Nevada
Reviewed 22 March 2006

We had to stay at the Ramada for a school event and, after reading the reviews and after having a previous TERRIBLE stay at a Ramada, I was expecting far worse.

PROS:
Customer service at the check-in desk was above par. They went out of their way to assist with checking us in to 16 rooms and made it really easy and fast.

The rooms were clean (and I'm picky).

CONS:
Very loud hotel. There were guests with dogs (2 pitbulls) staying next to us and they barked on and off through the night and were very active. You could hear complete conversations out in the hall and in the next room. Forget about sleeping here without a sound machine--luckily we had ours.

Not a nice neighborhood. Lots of "locals" roaming the parking lot, but we didn't have any problems. Put your valuables out of sight, park under a light towards the front of the parking lot, and lock the car up tight. It felt safe enough inside, but then we never even entered the casino or restaraunt.

I've stayed in worse, but wouldn't stay here again if I had a choice.

• Stayed March 2006
9 Thank szpal
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 February 2006

The room smelled bad, and the hotel has extremely thin/non-noise resistant walls. It was he worst hotel I've ever stayed at. VERY LOUD!

• Stayed February 2006, travelled on business
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2006

my girl friend and I stopped there for one night, I thought the hotel was clean and we received great service there however for the same price you can stay on the strip at a much nicer hotel,

The hotel was a 2 star hotel but was much nicer than that, we really enjoyed it and would stay there again

8 Thank Mashtee
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Las Vegas
Best Western Plus North Las Vega...
#4 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Cannery Casino
#5 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Spee...
#2 of 10 in North Las Vegas
The Strip
Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Nort...
#3 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Comfort Inn & Suites Las Vegas
#123 of 263 in Las Vegas

Been to Lucky Club Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!