“BBQ Fix”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
The Dalles, Oregon
“BBQ Fix”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Gave this place a try after seeing their advertising. Had a brisket sandwich and found it very good. The sides looked very good also, I had the beans.

Visited March 2014

North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Hoping for better”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I have been looking for a great BBQ place since moving to Las Vegas over 3 years ago. Famous Dave's location is a little inconvenient for me. Having seen many (too many?) TV ads about FD's and mixed local recommendations, I decided to try it last Veteran's Day for lunch with a couple of friends. I have eaten many times at places like The Rendezvous in Memphis (1st time I went down the alley to eat was in 1960), rib houses in Kansas City, Colorado, all over Texas and a few competitions. I guess I expected too much. The ribs at FD's were dry and tough. Adding sauce was out of the question. There were 6 different sauces on the table in varying degrees of way too hot. My friends were less critical than I. The service was quick and friendly, so I left a good tip along with half my meal.

• Visited November 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Standard Dave's BBQ”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I wanted BBQ, it was later than normal, and Famous Dave's was too close to my hotel to ignore. Exactly what you would expect from any Famous Dave's throughout the country. The quality, temperature and taste of the food was good, the service fast and above average (sat in the bar)---no complaints whatsoever and it met my expectations. I was in Memphis the following week and had some BBQ at a non-chain restaurant.......but that is another story.

Visited February 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Too good for a chain resto”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Lots of food and great taste too...this is way better than you'd expect from a chain restaurant.
We had the big platter for 2 with a few extra sides and it easily fed four of us. The ribs were succulent, but it was the brisket that amazed us...melt in your mouth tender and as tasty as I have ever had brisket.
Need some meat in LV? You won't be disappointed ay Famous Dave's.

Visited February 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“local review”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We live very near here and use it as a default place during the heavy tourists times. great BBQ, the sauces are awesome, sometimes can find the sauces in smith's! the chicken is not as good as the pork (as a general rule). but both are above average. its a bit pricey compared to H&H (vegas blvd) but Daves is still really good. salads are always fresh and the service is typically good, unless you are in right near closing, then they concentrate on getting you out the door. we are somewhat regulars so we know what to expect. try H&H compare the 2.

• Visited August 2013