“Fantastic food and great service.”

Austin's Steakhouse
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This was our first time here, but we will definitely be back. A nice gem inside the Texas Station. My wife and I both had steak and they were both done perfectly, very tasty and tender. My wife loved her green beans and the twice baked potato I had was excellent. Waiter was very nice and attentive. Prices very reasonable for this type of meal. Nice atmosphere away from the casino.

1  Thank scooterbunny

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We went to Austin's Steak House at the Texas Station Casino in Las Vegas on Monday evening Jan 27th 2014. I made reservations a few days earlier but they were not really necessary. When we arrived I asked for a booth and we were seated immediately.
Our waiter Miguel introduced himself and said that Paul would be assisting. Paul came to the table with warm fresh rolls and butter. We placed our order for a Petite Filet for my wife and a New York Strip steak for myself. Knowing that the steaks were a good size, I skipped the salad. I added a baked potato and my wife chose the twice baked potato. Our meals arrived in a reasonable amount of time and the plates looked appetizing.
My steak was very tasty but slightly over done. I had asked for medium and it was more toward medium well. It was still a good steak. My wife's filet was also done just a bit more than necessary. Perhaps the chief was distracted while grilling the meat. In any event, we both enjoyed the meals and could not finish everything. The baked potato is very large and comes with sour cream, butter and bacon bits. It's a meal in itself.
Paul took our plates away and returned with a small styrofoam "Doggie" box containing our unfinished steak and filet. Nice to nibble on later.
Our bill including the main course and the add on potato's came to $60.00 plus the tip.
You must remember that any add on items are additional and run from $5.00 to more than $10.00. Our potatos were $5.00 each.
So all in all, I'd give the restaurant a very good but not an excellent this time. The service was very good and the meal was very tasty but the wellness of the two items detracted from an excellent review this time.

1  Thank Keats1
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Very much enjoyed our dinner at Austin's Steakhouse. The steaks were properly cooked and salads tasty. Also enjoyed the cheesecake for dessert. The waitstaff was attentive. It is a nice oaisis in the back of a Casino. On the negative side, there was a bit of smoke smell from the Casino and the neighborhood is a bit questionable.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Just had an amazing dinner here @Austin's on December 22 with some family friends. The hostess was extremely helpful with our request of a particular table area since we had a wheelchair guest. No problems with our request. The service was attentive and beyond great. We all had filets that were melt in your mouth and flavorful as well as all the sides we ordered. They have a great Italian Moscato wine that I highly recommend if you like a light sweet wine. All in all a delightful dinner at Austin's. Yes,, it is a drive from the Strip and it's in the Texas casino but don't let that keep you away from a great steak house. You never know, you might hit it big @ the Texas!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Wow ! How can I begin to describe the wonderful flavor of the steak that I had at Austin's Steakhouse at the Texas Station Casino in Las Vegas ?

My wife and I had dinner there on Monday night July 30th to celebrate my birthday. We stopped at the Martini Ranch Bar in the Casino for a cocktail before dinner and the bartender "Rob" was super. After enjoying the drinks, we walked a short distance to the steakhouse and were actually about 10 minutes early. Not a problem. We were seated immediately at a table near the back of the restaurant. The lighting is low and the atmosphere is true steakhouse. In no time at all, our waiter arrived and introduced himself and his assistant. I don't like the term "Bus Boy" ..
We were offered a choice of still or sparkling water with dinner. I choose sparkling and it was brought to the table with a basket of hot rolls and butter. I should note that the sparkling water was a $6.00 charge on the bill. This was not mentioned when the offer was made. All things considered, I would have skipped the sparkling water and opted for another vodka martini.

The menu is limited. Only one page long. I asked about the "Upgrade" for the salads, soup and vegetables for an additional $2.00 to $4.00. There are ala carte salads, soups and vegetables that may be added to your meal for the upcharge depending on your choices. For instance, French Onion soup alone was $6.00 but you could add it to your dinner for $2.00. The Specialty Side for the vegetable was a $4.00 baked potato for me and a $4.00 twice baked potato for my wife.

I had the house salad and it was good but nothing really special. After a short while our entrees arrived. My wife ordered a Petite Filet ($24.00) and I ordered the New York steak (also $24.00).
They each came with a small garnish of green vegetables.

Holy Cow. My first bite was unbeliveable. I haven't had a steak this good since the Charcoal Room was closed at the old Hacienda Hotel in Vegas more than 10 years ago. My wife tried her filet and said, this is great. I gave her a small piece of the New York steak to try and she did the same for me with her filet and I had to agree with her, they were just great. I'd be hard pressed to make a choice next time we have dinner there. Each was simply delicious.

Neither of us could finish the entire meal. My wife asked for a doggie bag and she would up finishing the steaks later that same night.

Our bill for the meal including tip came to $80.00 and I say it was money well spent.
So if your in the market for a meal that is worth remembering and your in the vicinity of Las Vegas, make a reservation and enjoy one of the tastiest meals in the city.

We'll be going back for sure. After having really good dinners in Las Vegas over the years, this has to be at the top of the places we've dinned. I'd give it a 10+ out of 10.