“Room choice makes a difference”

Best Western Pahrump Oasis
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pahrump
Reviewed 29 March 2011

I've traveled a lot of the world and I'm very finicky when it comes to hotels. Stayed here with two friends when we went to Front Site for a week. Overall, the hotel is nothing special, but very clean and they throw in a free breakfast.

Some reviews here say the place is old and dated. Well, that's true - sort of. There are actually two buildings - the older one on the North end of the property and the newer one on the East end. The older building (where my friends stayed) has small, dark, dated, noisy, cramped rooms with doors and windows opening to the parking lot so headlights are shining in your room all night - kinda typical of what you'd expect in an old drive-up motel. However, the newer building (where I was lucky enough to stay) has inside doors and rooms that are easily 50% larger than the older building. And they're definitely newer and cleaner. My room had a refrigerator and microwave and because of it's larger size, my friends ended up hanging out in my room in the evenings. I also had a comfortable king size bed with my choice of soft or firm pillows. The trick is to request a room in the "newer building on the East end of the property" and you won't be disappointed.

The hotel is close to casinos, gas stations, grocery stores, fast food and a few other restaurants. It has a restaurant of it's own with a race car theme, if I remember, but only ate breakfast there. There was a game center, and refreshing pool which you'll definitely appreciate in Southern Nevada. Be aware that although they advertise wireless internet, it is not free. Hard to believe there are still hotels that charge for internet these days.

Also, if you're going to Front Site, make sure you call them directly and ask for the Front Site rate. I made the mistake of booking with an online discounter, but then when I got there they were nice enough to offer me the FS rate which was about $15 less than the cheapest rate I could find online. They also throw in a cleaning towel for your handgun. Breakfast is pretty continental with toast, juice, yogurt, cereal, milk and a few hot items like a breakfast sausage patty and biscuits and gravy. The hotel - well all of Pahrump, really - is firearm friendly and open-carry is permitted all over town - except in casinos.

So coming from someone who insists on a clean room, this hotel is nothing fancy, won't win any awards for luxury, but definitely satisfied.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rod R

Reviewed 20 February 2011

This is a low end Best Western, it seemed a poor value for the money they charge. Staff friendly and breakfast ok, but out of the 5 hotels we stayed at during our trip, this is at the bottom of the list. Big complex and central location, but average room showing signs of wear. I woke up in the morning to find my stuff covered with ants - clothes, bag, everything that was on the nightstand. Ants, lots of them, took over the room and were roaming freely across the walls from the bathroom to the bed and marching towards the window. I had ants in my pants which didn’t make me very happy as I had to wear them. Had a hard time getting them out of my belongings. Apparently ants are something normal at this hotel and the staff didn’t seem to care when we pointed out our concern.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
LaraineH, Manager at Best Western Pahrump Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. Please rest assured that ants are not common at our facility, however, we find in the desert that after rainy weather, ants do tend to come out.
It is always our intention to offer customer service at the excellence level.
Again, I thank you for your time and your comments and I do hope that you afford us the opportunity to show you that what you experienced is not the norm.

Reviewed 14 February 2011

My friend and I traveled here for a Front Sight course. We were given one of the larger rooms, and you could easily fit two normal sized hotel rooms in this room. It had a wet bar complete with sink, microwave and fridge and shelf space. The dressing area/vanity was spacious (even for two women) and everything, including the paint and trim, was immaculate. The grounds were very clean. Although I don't normally love hotels with rooms that open directly to the outside, the area seemed very safe to me and the grounds were lovely. The breakfast offered is good, with a few hot items, but exactly the same every day. You can have your ammunition shipped directly to this hotel, and they also offer a sack lunch service (for a fee, of course) for their guests. No gym and pool is only seasonal. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
LaraineH, General Manager at Best Western Pahrump Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2011

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with Best Western Pahrump Station. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Front Sight is a wonderful facility and we welcome their students.
We look forward to being of service to you again, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed 7 January 2011

Based on tripadvisor reviews we booked 3 nights in late Dec. here for a visit to Death Valley.
Staff was pleasant, room was clean and spacious enough for 5 of us. Only complaint was the plumbing upstairs, which was noisy enough to wake us all up at 5:30 each morning.
The included breakfast was substantially better than we had anticipated, so that made up for the plumbing complaint.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
LaraineH, Owner at Best Western Pahrump Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2011

Thank you so much for your review. It is always our goal to extend customer service at the excellence level.
I appreciate your feedback with regard to the noisy plumbing. You will be happy to know that with the information you provided in your review we were able to track down the problem. It appears that it was the plumbing of the ice maker which was the culprit. We have corrected that problem and I am grateful to you for your help.
We look forward to being of service to you some time in the near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2010

This is the second time that we stayed here. Although their price has increased quite a bit since last year, it still is the only place we would stay in this town of very limited choices. We stayed again in the newest smoke free building in a room with a king size bed on the second floor. The room was huge and very clean with a great fridge and microwave. Internet worked fine. Never heard anyone else on our floor. I love their breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Best Western Pahrump Station for your stay while visiting Pahrump. We were glad to host your visit once again.

Our staff works diligently to extend customer service at the excellence level and I was delighted to hear that you found your stay to be satisfactory.

We are looking forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Laraine Harper

Reviewed 18 November 2010

The rooms were spacious and clean. The walls are paper thin so you need to run the AC to drown out noise. The price was reasonable for a Best Western, and it matched the value which also included a free breakfast. No WI-FI but there is a Business Center with internet access.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
LaraineH, Owner at Best Western Pahrump Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2011

Thank you for choosing Best Western Pahrump Station. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and am hopeful that you will allow us the opportunity to be of service to you in the future.
It is always our goal to extend customer service at the excellence level and we look forward to extending that service to you once again.

Reviewed 18 November 2010

Arrived around 4PM without a reservation. Fortunately there was a room available but it was a smoking room. Made the comment that I didn't smoke but would take the room since I was tired - got a 10% discount. Room was large, comfortable and quiet.
Had dinner in the restaurant. Had the BBQ which was ok. The bartender\waitress was pleasant. The owner stoopped to say hello and ask if all was ok. Breakfast was great - good selection from hot to cold foods. Definately would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
LaraineH, Manager at Best Western Pahrump Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I was glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you without a reservation and equally glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to being of service to you, hopefully in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pahrump
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pahrump
Preferred RV Resort
Preferred RV Resort
#4 of 6 in Pahrump
Pahrump RV Park & Lodging

Been to Best Western Pahrump Oasis? Share your experiences!