“Not bad for free”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Primm
Perris, California
“Not bad for free”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We receive complimentary stays from the Player's Club. Though the hotel is dated, it is okay for free. The bathrooms on the casino floor have been remodeled and that is very appreciated. Yes, the rooms could be improved but it is a low-priced hotel so it is acceptable.
I would like for the staff to be more enthusiastic. Though they are courteous, most seem to be bored and not-interested. Perhaps management could send the staff on a cruise so they can learn how to always look happy and to make the guest feel they are the most important person in the world.
As a final note, thank you very much for the monthly offers and the possibility to earn free food, Primm Valley Casino and Resorts!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ClaudiaNicolosi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
San Ysidro
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I like state line as I don't like Las Vegas or the Strip. State line is closer to my home and I have been coming to whiskey petes since Catcus kates was across the street and not buffalo bills or primadonnas. I am also a interstate truck driver and it is a great stop over for a break. The prices are good and the place is clean. They also have great truck parking.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie F
Las Vegas
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

From the 1970s rooms to the wallpaper falling off the walls. It's in the middle of nowhere and the views are of nothing. It's better to make the extra 40 minute drive into Vegas. Dining options are less than stellar and everything is way too expensive for what you get.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Torrance, California
Reviewed 23 January 2014

They just remodeled, and did a great job on the Casino floor to make is spacious, more intriguing, even for those just driving through. The Bands on the weekends are great. It's laid back. The hospitality is awesome. Don't knock it to you try it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sandi G
Primm
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The walls are very thin. Neighbors partied all night and the helpful front desk and runner arranged a different room for us. After, had a pleasant night sleep. The Bonnie & Clyde exhibit is awesome! Thanks

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Ellen Y
Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

We were driving through Vegas heading south on a Sunday afternoon and ran into a traffic jam from hell also trying to head south. After crawling for an hour or so we decided that it might be wise to detour into Primm for the evening and leave the next morning. Whiskey Pete's was the closest and easiest. We usually book our hotels well ahead of arrival so this was a detraction from our norm.
Hotel check-in was amazingly quick considering the lineup. The lady who checked us in (I think she might have been the office manager) came out to assist her desk staff as things got busy. We have a small dog so she offered us a ground level room which is nice. I was pretty shocked when she informed me that the room rate with a pet was still well under $50.
The guest room decore is pretty tired and is desperately in need of replacement. With that being said one has too keep in mind the room rate is pretty reasonable.
We ordered dinner from the IHop rather than McDonald which are both located in the Casino not exactly gourmet choices but beggers.....
There is no wi-fi in the rooms, if you need free wi-fi you need to go for a hike to the gas station/store located south of the casino, we did,and it did work, not very convienent, but it did work.
A quick trip by my wife, to the casino, paid for the whole stay so its hard not to feel good about our evening at Whiskey Pete's

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 5 January 2014

In all fairness I did not spend a night at the hotel nor would I dream to after the experience I had there after a recent trip to Las Vegas. We were driving back from Las Vegas, and due to heavy traffic we needed to stop for a bathroom break and something to eat. The dirty diapers littering the parking lot should have been a warning. I initially stopped by the main ladies restroom at the rear of the casino, but the "functioning" stalls were all occupied, and there was a line for the others. I decided to try the restroom behind the Bonnie & Clyde car exhibit. There were three stalls and they were all disgusting. One had feces on the toilet seat, the handicapped stall had blood on the toilet seat and the only remaining stall had vomit splattered all over the wall and floor. The grabage cans were all overflowing with trash, and it didn't appear that the restroom had been cleaned in some time. I tried to find an employee to report this to, but aside from casino staff I couldn't find a cleaning/maintenance/housekeeping employee. After viewing the bathrooms we decided that there was no chance of us eating there since hygiene appeared to be a problem. I can't imagine that their housekeeping for the rooms would be much better if this was how they took care of their public areas.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 30somethingtravelers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Primm
Primm Valley Resort & Casino
Gold Strike Hotel and Gambling Hall
Buffalo Bill's Resort & Casino

Been to Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!