“Pleasant stop on the way to Vegas”

Primm Valley Resort & Casino
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Primm
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I didn't stay over night but I had a good time at the slots. I left with more money than I played so that's a plus. Overall the place was clean and not smoky. This was early in the morning so it wasn't too crowded and the bathrooms were clean. I plan on staying here next time after a concert.

1  Thank doggiedaddie

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We arrive Friday, May 23 around 7:30 pm. Checked-in took about 15 minutes. Our comped room was two longs halls away on the far side of the hotel, but on the plus side we parked our car a few doors away. We came to see Franky Valli - he was great! We asked for aisle seats to his show, explaining that we need to visit the restroom often. We were given seats against the railing and had to disturb about 20 people two times. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. The housekeeping staff was friendly. On Sunday we drove to Las Vegas to see the new ferris wheel, other than that there wasn't much to keep us there. We're mainly slot players so I wish Primm Valley had more of the old style mechanical reel machines. I didn't do too good but my girlfriend only lost about $60.00, not bad for a three day weekend. We had a fun stay and plan on coming back before the year is up.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Once the nicest of 3 area owned Primm Resorts at Stateline is in serious decline. Aside from poorly trained desk personnel, cleanliness is a major problem. Initially given room 1124. Opened curtain and looking at a block cinder block wall. Bur worse was the mini balcony that was so filthy it turned your stomach. Moved to 1138 which was clean and looked out over courtyard with some landscaping. Was mid week and not crowded but rooms were far from casino and pool even though requested one near either. Major disappointment.

Room Tip: See above. Based on our experience not sure requests make any difference. But even number 100oo'...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have friends and neighbors that rave about Primm Valley Resort & Casino. I have absolutely no idea why. Husband and I checked in on Friday afternoon. We all know Friday afternoons are the busiest time, so you would think that they would schedule employees as appropriate. Well, not so much here. Friday afternoon, one valet, one bell man. First off husband made reservation for king non smoking. Ya, okay.. so we got 2 queen, and my guess was smoking since there was an ash tray and matches in the room. We called downstairs to the front desk and they said sorry, we will have keys for a room when you get down here. Husband requested a room not near the elevator or ice machine. Room number two, right next to the ice machine.. Nope it won't work. So finally we got a third room. The ice machine was down aways and we were next to the maids room. We figured we could handle this. Walking into the bathroom, there was no soap in the bathroom by the sink or in the shower. I went next door to get soap.. the maids didn't speak too good english so she finally understood, and gave me a handful of hand soaps. it took 1.5 hours to get our luggage, and that was after the husband went down and requested our bags. Having had knee surgery the previous month, I required extra pillows. Who puts two small pillows on a king bed? No hotel I have ever stayed in with a king bed. They always have a minimum of 4 pillows, and one in the closet.. Not this place. Two pillows. I alone sleep with two and my knee sleeps with one.. . I called housekeeping and they said, sorry only two pillows. Really??? Who's paying their salary? 2 hours later they delivered pillows. One excuse was they were changing shifts.. Didn't buy that one, we called as soon as we got to the room, so it took 2 hours to change shifts? We also called them 4 times. At this point we were both ready to leave and drive home. We finally got settled and went downstairs to do some gambling. Some of the tightest machines we've ever met. We play video poker and slots.. and they weren't paying at all. We took the tram to go across the freeway to go to Whiskey Petes, the tram ends on a Friday night at 9:45. It was a Friday night.... really? They offer a shuttle bus, but no thanks. Trying to find food after 10 at night was impossible. everything seemed to close at 10 so we had to trek through the parking lot and get McDonalds. Sorry, I didn't come to a hotel casino resort to eat McDonalds. Saturday morning, a room next to the maids room, is not ideal. They were noisy and loud at 7:00 am. If I go to bed after midnight, I don't plan on getting up at 7 in the morning!!! We gave it a try. Primm is only about a 3 hour drive from our home. We won't be coming back. I would rather go up the freeway and stay in a smaller hotel that probably has better service and food after 10 at night. Sorry Primm Valley you won't be getting our business. We'll stick with Laughlin!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else for a better room.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed here for one night so my husband could golf. The room was nice, convenient, and overlooked the pool. All staff members were friendly and helpful. The casino had a lot of variety and a fun atmosphere. We would return there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kaj20
Reviewed 3 May 2014

After being seated at 9:15pm we had not received our meal by 10:40, we complained to the manager Nancy Arca but she was so busy counting tickets and money she ignored us. She was rude and condescending, we received our steaks around 11:00pm and they were cold. As we paid our bill she ignored us without even comping a portion of the bill. It's a shame because we had heard that the place was great. We totally enjoyed the hotel and casino, thank God for them.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wanda L
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed for 2 nights, everything was fine, we check in earlier and stayed our first night, then the day after we went to have breakfast and went shopping went we came back to the room at 2pm the room was not made up yet, so we thought they are running late, so we left for sightseeing to downtown Las Vegas and came back to our room at 2am and the room was never made up. Next morning at 9am I went to the registration desk and told the employee about it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Catalina1948

Been to Primm Valley Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!