“Disappointing”

Charlie Palmer Steak Reno
Reserve with OpenTable
Charlie Palmer Steak Reno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 913 Restaurants in Reno
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jensen Street
Description: Charlie Palmer Steak Reno in the Grand Sierra Resort is a study in contemporary contrasts, from blonde wooden walls enhanced by mica and leather accents, to midnight blue, deep terracotta and espresso texture fabrics, and stylish booths, featuring natural grain faux leather baguettes, with floor-to-ceiling stretched fabric panels, creating a Mondrian effect. Showing his culinary diversity, Executive Chef Dave Holman, who oversees all the Palmer Grand Sierra Resort restaurants, skillfully mixes the past, present, and future in neo-traditional renditions of steak houses classics, like Pan Seared Sea Scallops & Crispy House Bacon with tangerine marmalade and poultry jus. Charlie Palmer Steak Reno is imaginative resort dining topped off with just the right amount of finesse.
Tucson, Arizona
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We dined at this restaurant. My steak was terrible and when I complained the cost was removed from the menu. My partner wanted a spinach salad and although it was not on the menu, they made one for him. Overall, I would not recommend this eatery. Definitely overpriced for what you get.

Ridgecrest, California
“Overpriced for the food and service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We split our meal between my hubby and me. To start, there was no cocktail fork with the large prawn cocktail. There was no chilled plate or chilled fork with the house salad with the house dijon vinaigrette. The dressing tasted like mayo that was starting to go bad. The highlight of the salad were the 3 little onion rings on top and the sliced cherry tomatoes which were delicious and had no dressing on them. We had a medium rare filet mignon ($38). The filet was an excellent cut of meat, was cooked perfectly, seasoned nicely and was delicious. It was served on a warm plate (for each of us) and we had a side of grilled vegetables, which were outstanding. The drinks--the first Manhatten was almost undrinkable and my hubby had to get them to correct the recipe on the second one. The house Cabernet was tasty but $15 per glass and not very generous at that. I did not feel that the wine was worth that much (personal opinion) you may differ. Dessert was creme brulee and it tasted more like custard. It was listed as a vanilla bean creme brulee and if there were any vestiges of vanilla bean in it, they had been totally filtered out. The sugar crust was not as solid as it should have been, in my opinion. The decor of the restaurant was rather cold for my taste and it was quite noisy. The background music was discordant and for the price we paid ($186 including tip), I expect a place where I am able to have a quiet meal and converse with my companion. In summary, while some of the food was excellent, it was overpriced and I have had better meals in Reno for less.

Portland, Oregon
“Outstanding service and ambience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The grilled berkshire porkchop was delicious and huge! Only complaint is you have to order all the side dishes to go with it which can really add up. The service by Brian was outstanding and the management catered to all our dining needs checking to make sure everything was to our liking. Very nice restaurant inside the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino!

Pittsburgh, PA
“Not Impressive!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were not impressed with it being a fine steakhouse at all. The orders came out incorrect especially making a salad. Pretty easy, right. The steaks at our table were not medium as requested but well done and dry. You can find a better steak elsewhere. The prices were very inflated for the quality. I would go elsewhere and save your money.

Dublin, Ireland
“Great steak restaurant in Reno”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We ate at this restaurant twice during our 2 week stay at the Grand Sierra. Both times, service was very friendly and the food was delicious and cooked perfectly! We had the porterhouse steak for two on our second visit and that was especially nice, I'd recommend that. The portions of sides are big enough for two people to share one. Desserts are gorgeous too! This is the most expensive restaurant at the Grand Sierra, but it does feel more special than the other restaurants and we had a great time on both our visits.

• Visited May 2014

Been to Charlie Palmer Steak Reno? Share your experiences!