“Great lunch and don't forget the cupcakes ”
Review of Dish Cafe

Dish Cafe
Ranked #138 of 959 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We have ha some of our best lunches here. Small, super cute with natural local ingredients and a friendly staff. Nancy and joe both great regulars and I have waited 45 minutes at lunch for the cupcakes to be available as my husband the baker believes they are the best he ever had. The quiche is a must. All salads are great. Quite a treat.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

It's in a brick buildling. The adress is clear to see but the Dish is small and hard to see while driving by.

You walk in pick up a menu, which is limited, make your selection and walk up to the counter and order. A little bit unconventional. I had a handcrafted mocha and a breakfast sandwich on special bread. I paid $10+ for both. The sandwich was excellent and massive. I actually took 1/2 of it with me for the long drive home.

1  Thank Dawinetaster
Reviewed 3 September 2013

An excellent intro to Reno cuisine! The restaurant felt like a family kitchen, and the staff made us feel like relatives. The food? Mind-blowingly fresh and delicious. Go for the specials, but don't even think about leaving without trying the quiche. The one drawback was lack of close parking (we had to park on a side street), but it's worth the walk.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Whenever I travel for work (which is a lot), I avoid chains and try to hit up local places featured on various Food TV shows, especially DDD. Not all live up to the hype but this one exceeded it. As soon as I saw the Cowgirl sandwich featured on DDD I knew I had to try it and boy was it AMAZING! Great tasting steak, the goat cheese spread is phenomenal and there is a good amount of it and the taste really comes out. I requested a side of fruit and while they said they normally only do fruit for breakfast they were happy to accommodate me. I would go back here in a second and may even go back before I leave town!

3  Thank Marc R
Reviewed 27 July 2013

While performing at Harrah's Reno with The Four Tenors, we came across Dish Cafe. Owners are beyond friendly and accomplished. The cowgirl tri-tip sandwich is amazing. Awesome selection of other sandwiches, soups, quiche and baked goods. We went several times and brought friends, too! Kind of hard to find, but worth it!

2  Thank MagicTenor

Been to Dish Cafe? Share your experiences!