“Good place to eat”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Location was a little weird, but the food was good. Dessert was amazing. Unique menu. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We were only in Reno for a few hours one day and chose this restaurant based on the Trip Advisor reviews. The quiche and cupcakes had my attention. We arrived around 2 p.m. on the last day they would be open prior to their 2-week closing for Christmas. Unfortunately they were out of both quiche and cupcakes. We settled for the salad and 1/2 sandwich. The organic baby spinach salad was among the best I've had! The black forest ham sandwich was ok, but the reuben panini, which was recommended by the owner (or manager?) was extra delicious! Actually we were guaranteed our money back if we didn't like it! Everyone there was very nice and apologized for being out of what we really wanted.

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We have ha some of our best lunches here. Small, super cute with natural local ingredients and a friendly staff. Nancy and joe both great regulars and I have waited 45 minutes at lunch for the cupcakes to be available as my husband the baker believes they are the best he ever had. The quiche is a must. All salads are great. Quite a treat.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

It's in a brick buildling. The adress is clear to see but the Dish is small and hard to see while driving by.

You walk in pick up a menu, which is limited, make your selection and walk up to the counter and order. A little bit unconventional. I had a handcrafted mocha and a breakfast sandwich on special bread. I paid $10+ for both. The sandwich was excellent and massive. I actually took 1/2 of it with me for the long drive home.

1  Thank Dawinetaster
Reviewed 3 September 2013

An excellent intro to Reno cuisine! The restaurant felt like a family kitchen, and the staff made us feel like relatives. The food? Mind-blowingly fresh and delicious. Go for the specials, but don't even think about leaving without trying the quiche. The one drawback was lack of close parking (we had to park on a side street), but it's worth the walk.

Been to Dish Cafe? Share your experiences!