“Definately one of the premium spa casino hotels in Reno NV”

Peppermill Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #3 of 63 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I love this place, Classy!
Have to agree with Marlene O fantastic place. It’s one of the best spa resort casinos in Reno and well worth staying at. Can't agree with Lynn as she must have had a bad experience and we all do at times but I have stayed here now on and off season and have always had an excellent stay. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Reno and don't. Great location near airport, Easy to get in and out. Parking free second floor for customers.
Now,. The rooms. I have always stayed in the Tuscan suites and WOW! Nothing more one can say once you enter those suites. Large suite I always get mountain side view. Huge TV, roomy and the bath room is well, something to see. Huge TV also in there, huge showers plenty of room for two easily. ( Yes a great honeymoon suite if your on a budget) A nice tub that also is a Jacuzzi, 2 sink basins well lit and the bath room is very nice. The entire suite is really suite!
Now this time I had to stay one night in the Spa suite. Ok, little smaller but again WOW! Jacuzzi right next to bed, the kind with waterfalls and lit. Huge Jacuzzi decorated with marble around the Jacuzzi. The bed has huge bed posts and a great comfortable bed. Bath not like the Tuscan suite but did like the feature in shower that is also a steamer. NICE! Classy warm room. I have city view and must say even staying in this room was just as nice.
You have to ask for rates, Join players club, Use AAA or AARP negotiate, you'll get a great deal and be very happy for the price.
Over all this place has always exceeded my expectations and I love staying here.
Just my kind of home away from home.Class act!
Heartflight

Room Tip: Go online and join thier club for online specials. Join Players club. GREAT Rates! Best deal in ho...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (10,997)

Reviewed 16 October 2011

If the Peppermill managerment takes the time to respond to guests' complaints, concerns and suggestions, and acknowlege any problems, like they do on Trip Advisor, I know this hotel is for us. I just wonder why not more hotels are doing this. It is an excellent marketing tool and it costs virtually next to nothing.

Our stay was two nights from July 26 thru 28. It was the 2nd leg of our five days/four nights Lake Tahoe-Reno vacation. We stayed at Harrahs Lake Tahoe the previous two nights. On the way up to Lake Tahoe, we took a break and had lunch at Redhawk Casinol in Placerville on Hwy 50. It was our first visit and the casino looks real impressive with lots of new machines. We can't wait for them to have a hotel. We also had lunch at Carson City Nugget on the way from Lake Tahoe to Reno. The barbecue chicken and ribs were huge and it only cost $7.44. That was a great bargain.

We booked the All You Need Is Love package for $329 for the first night and paid $169 for the second night. It included $220 spa credit, $100 dining credit at Bimini Steakhouse and accommodation at the Tuscany double king Suite. It was a pretty good deal.

The Tuscany room was gorgeous. The two king beds were perfect for my wife, our teenage son and me. The room is bright and all the lights could be dimmed gradually. There were lot of space to move around. The bathroom is huge and the jacuzzi bath tub is a nice touch. We all had our water massage after a busy day. There was a double shower heads which was a first for us.

My wife chose a 50 min massage and a facial at the Tuscany Spa. Any spa treatment also includes the day pass to the facility. My wife loves to be pampered and she immediately fell in love with the spa. And she'd rather spend more time at the spa than play the slot machines! So I am not sure if we actually saved money or lost chances at a big jackpot.

The dinner at Bimini Steakhouse was fabulous. We were warmly greeted by the Maitre d and escorted to our table. Our server, Katrina, was very attentive and pleasant. She made our dinner so much more enjoyable. My son loved the extremely tender prime rib, the sea bass melted in my mouth and my wife enjoyed her crabmeat stuffed mushroom very much and everything went perfect with a side order of saute spinach.

The casino is huge with all kinds of slot machines. So I am sure you will find your favorite ones. It is a little dark and personally I would like it to be a little brighter. If you are over 55, make sure you get the player card. You will get all kinds of dining discount. My son and I had the two for one lunch buffet, as the second person doesn't have to be over 55. We also used the swimming pool (there are two) with plenty of lounge chairs available. My son and I also played the arcade with lots of new machines.

From the time I made the reservation to the time we checked out, we were greeted, helped and assisted by a superb and fabulous hotel staff: knowledgeable and courteous reservation agents, pleasant and friendly front desk and valet, efficient and helpful housekeeping and poolside attendants. My wife is very particular when it comes to hotel stay and she didn't complain about anything (that only happened one other time: our stay at Bellagio in Las Vegas the past Easter holiday), so the Peppermill must be doing something right.

We concluded our No Cal/Lake Tahoe/Reno casino tour by stopping for lunch at Thunder Valley Hotel Casino in Lincoln on interstate 80 (We stayed there last Oct and I gave them a rave review). We had the authentic Hong Kong style wonton noodle soups at Koi Palace, a high end Chinese restaurant first established in the San Francisco Bay Area. It was delicious and reasonably priced.

Our stay at Peppermill was romantic, luxurious and relaxing. So next time you are in Reno,
Peppermill is the place to stay.

Room Tip: book rooms in the Tuscany Tower. It is definitely worth the money.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Freaky, dated, scummy hotel, in spite of the tuscany tower remodel. The new features are already crumbling, the waterfall is falling apart and not functioning. Also, the newer addition does not match the old 80's Black Angus like decor. It's like two hotels stuck together that just don't fit. Totally wierd. The restaurants seem like they all serve the same food rearranged like a cruise ship. The buffet was terrible. I mean....I go to the Old Country Buffet in washington state regularly--cheap food, typical buffet, but the Island Buffet in Peppermill makes the Old Country Buffet seem like a fancy joint. Everything that was supposed to be thick was watery (pasta sauces, etc), and everything that was supposed to be watery was thick. Pasta was dried out, chicken was pink inside. Brisket was hard and dry. I literally spent 20 min. and left. Expensive for 20 minutes, but I was grossed out.

The spa! It has great reviews online, and looks awesome in photos on their site. Reality is different like everything else at this hotel. Steam room smelled like sour laundry (i.e. BACTERIA). When I complained, was told it is NORMAL for it to smell like that, and they just sprayed perfume from a spray bottle to cover it up with eucalyptis smell. NOT healthy. Ok...no steam, so I went for the cedar sauna. It wasn't turned on. Went to ask again... Robes are old, not luxurious, sun deck messy, showers dirty, workers do not go and clean behind guests, so showers have slippers, discarded robes...oh there was poop on the toilet seat (again, there is nobody going around making sure things stay clean).

The tuscany tower suite rooms are nice at least, the bathroom is huge. Unfortunately, the soaking tub (which is perfectly sized) has these air jets which have (again) a sour wet rug smell (mildew smell) which fills the room (I didn't realize this was an inherent problem, and I requested a new room at first before I noticed that (I assume) all the rooms with these air-jetted tubs smell like this).

I do not recommend this hotel unless you are so drunk you don't care or notice these things. I cannot believe people would return to this hotel (and some bring their kids! NOT appropriate, sad actually).

All in all I'm very disappointed and wish I didn't fall for the pics online. Gross gross gross. Can't wait to leave.

OH... and the location far away from everything and very seedy. Not a safe place at all outside the resort. You can't walk anywhere, and there is nothing nearby at all. NOTHING.

Room Tip: choose a room at another hotel...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
9  Thank lynn j
Peppermill_Director, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2011

Thank you, Lynn, for posting a review of us on Trip Advisor. As shocking as it is to see all of the issues you had with us, we want you to know that we take every complaint we get seriously. This is the time of year that we make any necessary repairs in our outdoor pools. This process only takes about 3 days and we do it midweek to minimize any disruption. One of our pools always stays open during this process. The waterfall is turned off while we are doing this maintenance.
We feature eight award winning restaurants here at the Peppermill and pride ourselves in some of the best dining you can experience in a Four Diamond property. We’re sorry that the Island Buffet was not up to your standards and we will check all of the dishes you noted in your review.
We have very strict cleaning standards in our Spa Toscana. Our steam rooms are deep cleaned every night with Alpha HP and then completely dried to insure they are sanitary for the next day. The eucalyptus is actually inserted into the steam before it comes into the room and is not sprayed in to cover up any odors. We also clean every shower between each guest to make sure everyone enjoys a fresh clean shower and a freshly washed towel. This cleaning principle applies to all areas in our Spa Toscana.
The European soaking tubs that we feature in our Tuscany Tower are very modern. These tubs are not only sanitized daily by our housekeeping staff but they also have a “self cleaning cycle” that runs following each bath. We are currently checking the rooms to see if we can find the odor you referred to.
We are a very popular resort for families. We have activities that are geared for youngsters as well as adults. Our location is also very popular……only 10 minutes from downtown Reno and located quite closely to shopping malls, movie theaters, golf courses, and Virginia Lake for walkers and joggers.
Hopefully some day when you are not traveling for business you can come back and really enjoy all of the resort activities and fine dining opportunities that we have to offer.

Reviewed 12 October 2011

Nicely decorated room and comfortable bed BUT the door to my room had about 1/2 inch gap between the door and the frame. The gap was big enough that I could literally run my fingers down the length of the door in the space between the door and frame. Unfortunately, it allowed light from the outside hallway and a ton of noise into my room. The room was not conducive to getting rest as I could hear noise from the parking lot also (I was on the 3rd floor). My room was supposed to be non smoking, but there was a strong cigarette odor. One other thing I found a little surprising is the emergency evacuation map on the back of the door had the wrong floor and did not even have my room on it! I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: My friend stayed in the Tuscany Tower. It is much more expensive, but the room quality is much bet...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank amomnus
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stay in the Tuscan Suites for a small up-grade. They are luxurious and beautiful and we feel very pampered from the "Welcome and our name" on the tv screen on arrival to the extra little touches and free internet access. We had a large room with a view of the pool and mountains, two king size beds, a large flat screen in the main area, another in the huge bathroom with large, deep whirlpool tub. The floors were marble in the bath (with big shower and soaking tub) and the furnishings immaculate and beautiful. It is more of a walk to the casino but worth it. We liked that you can close not only your room door but also another little foyer door that opens to the hallway. Makes for a quiet evening even if people going to their room are less than considerate. The staff is great...friendly, helpful and go out of their way to please. The food is excellent and a good value. I can't see any reason to stay any place else...Peppermill REALLY takes care of their patrons.

Room Tip: My preference is for a mountain view on higher floors and/or pool view on lower floors.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marge333
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We've eaten at the Peppermill restaurants in the past and decided to stay overnight while passing through Reno. What a nice experience! The staff was great and the services were top notch. There is a $12 resort fee added to the bill which includes internet charges and valet parking. The parking is speedy and efficient. The rooms are spacious, and high end with top notch fittings. Based on the rates, I'd definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: If you are checking in, go straight to the Valet parking. Valet parking is included in the hotel fee...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2011

my daughter and i recently stayed at the peppermill. our room overlooked the two pools and was clean. the beds were okay but there were only two very hard pillows. we planned a spa day saturday ~ hot stone followed by a body wrap-wonderful treatment and spa area. we were to have access to the spa area all day until ten pm and our treatments were done at 1:30. we had just had lunch delivered to the outdoor lounge area reserved for paying spa guests only. we were approached by spa employees who informed us that we had to leave the area as there was a wedding there from 2:30 to 6:30 and the spa outdoor patio deck was immediately closing. what a bummer! we had really enjoyed our treatments and thought we were going to be able to lounge all afternoon on the outdoor spa patio. beware if you decide on a spa day that the outdoor patio area overlooking the two pools may not be available and without any notice. i dont think they should have weddings there. as a spa guest you are paying for the luxury of being able to enjoy the spa amenities all day. when i inquired as to if we might be able to have a pass to enjoy the outdoor patio the following day i was told that i could be in the indoor spa area until 10pm day of treatment ~ i didnt want to be in the indoor area, i wanted to enjoy the wonderful outdoor weather. we had dinner the first night at bimini the second night romanza and the last biscottis. all nights the food and wait staff were wonderful. very friendly.

Room Tip: ask for pool view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends