“Beautiful but”

GreenLeadersGold level
Eagle Creek, Oregon
“Beautiful but”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Here for vacation, researched a lot of the hotels here and choose this place for the classic lines,the pool and spa. Definately and all inclusive hotel. Positives: food is fantastic, customer service is amazing, rooms spotless and very clean. The casino has a great ventalition system so smoke was minimul. Our Tuscany room was huge and very nice. Price was great....why so cheap I said.

Well the down side. The pools are beautiful to behold, but they are wading pools. Huge numbers of children filled those pools. Not really a time or a sectioned area for adults to enjoy a dip. Sadly I chose the place for the pool. Food, although amazing, was very expensive and the amount served huge, recommend sharing a plate. Margaritas for ten dollars was a bit steep. Large bowel of fruit six dollars and a muffin three dollars and fifty cents with a three dollar cup of coffee. I figured out pretty quickly how they make up the difference of an inexpensive room.

Would we come again....most likely not, but only because we were looking for an adult setting to gamble, eat, and relax with out young children underfoot. Reminded me of Disney Land with out the rides.

Room Tip: Ask for Tuscany Rooms 3rd floor. Non smoking, classy.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lloydclan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,012)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 July 2012

During our baseball trip to Reno, we stayed 3 nights at the Peppermill Resort. We paid $40.00 extra over standard (older tower) room to Tuscany Tower Suites. Room is very spacious and clean. We did not smell any smoke at Tuscany Tower area. After the long day under 90 degree heat, the room is cool and spacious for our baseball equipments. The bathroom was so spacious and we (my husband, my son and I) did not have any trouble getting ready in the morning. We can watch TV in our bathroom too. The double doors helped keep noise away at night. We had two king size beds which were very confortable to sleep. The restaurants at the resort are very reasonably priced and offer many choices. You don't need to go outside of resort for meals. I wish they have a coin laundry facility so we can wash our baseball uniforms.

Room Tip: Request a room far away from ice machine.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank hiromi_weir
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Been there for my annual committee review meeting and i was pleasantly surprised. Right from the Check in through my stay (2 nights) to check out i could not find one issue to point our a flaw in the hotel services. The room was tidy , mini bar had plenty of options to chose from , the entire ground floor was a dedicated casino and was no less than Las Vegas. People who want to get a experience of Las Vegas without shelling out the extra buck. this is definitely the place to be in.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank varun_vc
Livermore, California

We stayed at the Peppermill for our 20th anniversary. We selected a
Luxury room in the Peppermill Tower. The room is over 500 square feet
with a large Jacuzzi and a separate sitting area. Our room was on the
12th floor facing downtown Reno in the direction of the Silver Legacy.
We really enjoyed the Oceana restaurant on the property with all you
can eat sushi. Price was $25.00 each, but well worth the price. We did
not attend any shows and instead took photos of ourselves at Lake
Tahoe for our anniversary. As a matter of fact, we were married in a
chapel at Lake Tahoe, but it is no longer there! We outlasted the
chapel! We plan to go back again next year.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I had a business trip there and stayed quite a few days. The lady at the Business Center helped me in need, the Accounting dept. solved a computer glitch, and the Front Desk people were very nice and helpful as well!! They were wonderful on my floor in the Peppermill Towers. I stayed on the 9th Floor at 920 and 928. Everyone was nice and room service was on time. I appreciated the safe provided. They cleaned and vacuumed and straighten out my room. Very friendly housekeeping people always asking if I needed anything. I truly APPRECIATED Martha Sanchez, who cleaned up my room when I left. I accidentally left some important papers and things in the drawer. I FORGOT to double-check it. I called Marty from Lost and Found and Martha turned in my things to him. He shipped it out to me with everything in tact. This was above and beyond. Icing on the cake of excellent service! I am a non-smoker so I really appreciated the NO SMOKING zones. Thank you! Daisy

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2012

What a five star hotel. July is good yomd of year to come, even though there is alot if people. The staff and routine keeps everything flowing....

• Stayed July 2012
Reno
Reviewed 1 July 2012

room was in a far wing, long distance from activity
bed was very hard & not comfortable
didn't like the alarmed snack tray

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Judy G